Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really think there’s an excellent player lurking in Bryan Gil, it’s just that his lack of physicality will deny him the platform to do so, and I don’t think it’s a Premier League thing either.

“Earn the right to play”, is used in reference to matching the opponent physically before letting your superior talent take over, and he sadly just can’t.

It’s a shame because I believe his touch and spin out of the Man City pressure to release Kulusevski for Son’s goal at the Etihad was one of the best individual bits of play by any Spurs players this season; he then spent the rest of his game getting devoured by Kyle Walker.

Bro's just happy to be at Hotspur way enjoying the good vibes with Porro and Bentancur, no point rushing until the Summer I guess but I guess he's going to get limited mins.

I can't knock him.... Having had a really unsettled first few years in terms of managers and being in and out on loan; he's backing himself and giving himself the best chance he can to finally stake a claim.... It very well may not pan out, but at least the lad can feel he finally got to give it a proper shake this season.

I really think there’s an excellent player lurking in Bryan Gil, it’s just that his lack of physicality will deny him the platform to do so, and I don’t think it’s a Premier League thing either.

“Earn the right to play”, is used in reference to matching the opponent physically before letting your superior talent take over, and he sadly just can’t.

It’s a shame because I believe his touch and spin out of the Man City pressure to release Kulusevski for Son’s goal at the Etihad was one of the best individual bits of play by any Spurs players this season; he then spent the rest of his game getting devoured by Kyle Walker.
If Bernado Silva can why can't he?

I've seen and heard comments against Gil into today's match and I think they're overly harsh. He was making clearances and aiming to be a nuisance. He didn't choose himself as the sub. I agree that a taller player would have been the wiser choice given everything that was going on, but I put that on Ange.

Bro's just happy to be at Hotspur way enjoying the good vibes with Porro and Bentancur, no point rushing until the Summer I guess but I guess he's going to get limited mins.
He seems to have contracted Eric Dier Syndrome. The patient is typically unable to realistically assess his first team prospects and persists in a delusion to stay and fight for a first team place when no such opportunity is available to him.

Brighton would have been a great move for him. He needs an extended run of Premier League football and with Brighton's track record for developing players it would have been a perfect match. It's infuriating the way he keeps getting farmed out to the Spanish league and this was an opportunity to really show us what he can do.

I really thought we had a great player in Gil and thought that he was sidelined by some horrible, conservative managers, but he has had a good chance to show his skills and has not done so. Is there still a great player there that just needs a few good games to come good or were we sold a pup? I am prepared to give him some slack as we all remember the ‘Bale curse‘ , but…

I really thought we had a great player in Gil and thought that he was sidelined by some horrible, conservative managers, but he has had a good chance to show his skills and has not done so. Is there still a great player there that just needs a few good games to come good or were we sold a pup? I am prepared to give him some slack as we all remember the ‘Bale curse‘ , but…
No, he has the skills set, it's his physicality that need the work I reckon!

He’s not a PL player and only ever played this season when more robust players weren’t available.

He doesn’t have a future here, good lad and good talent but will never be able to ride a challenge in this league. Ange has made his mind up on him.

Ange's ACTUAL words:

Yeah yeah and he selected Scarlett over him today.

Ange is a very polite person and has said similar things about all the players that we’ve tried to flog. If he believed in Gil, he would select him.

We need Scarlett on the bench with no Richy fit.

Back
Top Bottom