Bring back 'Cocky'

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget this ticker-tape malarkey - you should be into stand-up
pot-kettle.jpg

Forget Cocky....I still want to find out about 'Spurtacus'!

A friend of mine went to Bletchley Park (home of the codebreakers / enigma machine) and during the showing of a post-war film, there was a clip about the football. In this particular clip we had a mascot called Spurtacus, the match in question was a game against Man Utd which we won 2-0. A little bit of research tells me that this was in 1951 (thank you My Football Facts!) but I can find no mention of Spurtacus anywhere on the interwebs...anyone here ever heard of him?

Forget Cocky....I still want to find out about 'Spurtacus'!

A friend of mine went to Bletchley Park (home of the codebreakers / enigma machine) and during the showing of a post-war film, there was a clip about the football. In this particular clip we had a mascot called Spurtacus, the match in question was a game against Man Utd which we won 2-0. A little bit of research tells me that this was in 1951 (thank you My Football Facts!) but I can find no mention of Spurtacus anywhere on the interwebs...anyone here ever heard of him?

I AM SPURTACUS....

Cheeky whipper-snapper you... I should cuff your ears, and charge you a shilling for my time... you young'uns today.....

Back
Top Bottom