Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the busy Xmas period we need to freshen up the team but cannot afford to play anyone not up to it unless forced to. Therefore Udogie back and hope Romero fit and plays even if he does not play the full match. Would bring in Lo Celso & Hojbjerg. That is 4 players that did not play the full match yesterday. Need to use the subs and Royal for Porro & Skipp for whoever needs a rest. Maybe Gil for Johnson.
Will be difficult but glad to read Brighton also have problems.

Wouldn't risk Romero if he's not 100%. We got a result at City with Emerson/Davies at CB we can do it here. Reckon Dier starts though which concerns me.

Vic
Porro - Dier - Davies - Udogie
PEH
Sarr -- GLC
Kulu -- Richy -- Son
I think Udogie back plus a real midfield should see an uptick in performance even if Romero is out.

I'm an ill-informed, lazy cunt, but are Brighton a bit average at the moment? It's not a scary time to play them, right? Lost to Chelsea recently, drew with Palace, what's up with them? Injuries?

1-2 win for Spurs, holding on for dear life after blasting them in the hoop for the first 25 minutes or so.

I'm an ill-informed, lazy cunt, but are Brighton a bit average at the moment? It's not a scary time to play them, right? Lost to Chelsea recently, drew with Palace, what's up with them? Injuries?

1-2 win for Spurs, holding on for dear life after blasting them in the hoop for the first 25 minutes or so.

See, this is someone that's been watching our games. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only team close to us for missing players.

Still going to go exactly the way you described it.

Plus we are away from home so we get a red or card or they get a penalty for sure. They also won’t get booked until the 85th min earliest

Brighton get an extra few days rest and will be pretty confident I imagine after seeing how well Everton did pressing against us.

It's important Skipp doesn't start this. A big part of our problem against Everton was the fact they just walked through our midfield largely thanks to Skipp, when out of possession, not having a clue where to be, when to press etc.

Really hope Romero is fit.

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Davies - Udogie
Hojbjerg
Sarr - Lo Celso
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Son
Probably go with this. Don't really like Hojbjerg as a 6 but he's a fuck ton better than Skipp and we haven't really got anyone else to play there. Don't want Sarr there as we lose what he brings.

Won't be easy tbh. Think we may drop points here.

1-1
Everton walked through our midfield because they by passed it with balls over the top - classic dyche team - that said Everton were as good if not better than anyone else to visit whl this season . I thought skipp and sarr were immense

Everton walked through our midfield because they by passed it with balls over the top - classic dyche team - that said Everton were as good if not better than anyone else to visit whl this season . I thought skipp and sarr were immense

What did Skipp do well?

Sister Act Reaction GIF

What did Skipp do well?
There's a lot of Skipp bashing going on.

Genuinely you don't see what he does on TV.
In the ground you can see the off the ball work that he does which goes unnoticed. He tracks runners, plugs gaps when the full backs go forward. Reads the game better than many people give him credit for.

On the ball he has been poor, his first touch is often high and takes him 2 extra touches to get it under control. His distribution isnt great. He did however play a couple of long range balls to Johnson that got him going 1v1 against the full back.

He's miles better as a single DM that PEH.

PEH needs to be hunting the ball further up, he just kills any momentum when we get in possession. More importantly he doesn't have positional awareness or game sense of when to hold and when to go forward. Often falls asleep around the box. Classic example was letting Lemina run off him for the Wolves winner. Ironically his long range passing is pretty good and switches the ball well.

Problem against Everton was Skipp getting outnumbered. Often I saw Skipp trying to press and cover the Everton midfield 3 by himself. Sarr was trying to be box to box.
Deki did nothing to track back and make a 3rd man in midfield.

What we really missed was Udogie's presence as a CM. Royal doesn't have that capacity. With Udogie back I think Skipp and Sarr will be much better.

GLC should have been the first sub instead of PEH. We lost control of the game and needed better ball retention which GLC provided when he came on.

I'd go with:
Skipp
Sarr GLC

Wouldn't risk Romero if he's not 100%. We got a result at City with Emerson/Davies at CB we can do it here. Reckon Dier starts though which concerns me.

Vic
Porro - Dier - Davies - Udogie
PEH
Sarr -- GLC
Kulu -- Richy -- Son
I think Udogie back plus a real midfield should see an uptick in performance even if Romero is out.

Struggling to think of any matches we won when PEH started.

He’s only useful off the bench

Back
Top Bottom