Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few reasons for tonight's result including :

1 Circa 10 Injuries and Suspensions , including half of our best starting 11 (and that's when we are half way through the rebuild started in 2021, so we still have squad players we need to move on).

2. 2 stupid penalties given away

3 A mix of poor shooting, hitting posts etc resulting in ONLY 3 shots on target out of 19. If we don't hit the target we don't score !

4 Bizarre refereeing - Brighton gave away 18 fouls and we 6, but both got 2 yellow cards. Not to mention one or two red cards that meant Brighton should have lost a couple of players.
No 3 is not a vaid excuse IMO. We've been like this all season. Son's finishing so fucking overrated. He doesn't screw up 1v1s like some forwards do but he constantly screws up his touch or gets tackled that prevents him from getting a chance to shoot.

Kulu is all action and very little output, always too slow to release the ball, and his shooting even from his left foot is absurdly bad.

Richy can't stay onside.

Johson, as of this moment, doesn't even count as footballer.

Donkey, the lot of them.

The defensive frailty is annoying but understandable. But the rest of the system should work. It's not. Cunts the lot of them.
Hard work , running and pressing should be a given regardless of skill and technical quality. There is no desire or fight. They did it all over the pitch.

Ange was pragmatic against Luton going 5 at the back with 10 men to protect the lead when we came under the cosh.

What I don't think he'll do is sacrifice principle for pragmatism because of an injury crisis. All players who are going to be here in 2024/25 have to be able to play his way. They either do so or don't.

I think once he has "his team" he'll be more pragmatic because he'll trust them But I could be wrong...
I think you’re right. We have to accept where we are in the lifecycle of this era too.

Vicario was our best player and we still let in 4 goals, that’s how bad we were tonight.

I’m sure people will make excuses about tiredness but we didn’t look tired in the last 15 minutes. Brighton have even more reason to be tired than us but they still attacked the game with relish.

Ange still has a lot of work to do to make this team tough. Still too many softies in the squad who are happy to play at walking pace.
Four goals isn't a reflection on Vic IMO.

Two penalties, a fucking worldie and another that was glorious. None on him, and he saved at least three or four certain goals.

No 3 is not a vaid excuse IMO. We've been like this all season. Son's finishing so fucking overrated. He doesn't screw up 1v1s like some forwards do but he constantly screws up his touch or gets tackled that prevents him from getting a chance to shoot.

Kulu is all action and very little output, always too slow to release the ball, and his shooting even from his left foot is absurdly bad.

Richy can't stay onside.

Johson, as of this moment, doesn't even count as footballer.

Donkey, the lot of them.
Good post! Kulu even when deep wants to run with the ball when he has no pace and either gets tackled or falls over. When he could make simple passes.

I think you’re right. We have to accept where we are in the lifecycle of this era too.

Yeah we shouldn’t forget where we are in the “process”.

Even in Pep’s first season with City they had a fair few hidings and he had to weed out the players who couldn’t play his football. He never changed his principles and neither will Ange. He sees football a certain way and any player who cannot play that football has no future here.

Four goals isn't a reflection on Vic IMO.

Two penalties, a fucking worldie and another that was glorious. None on him, and he saved at least three or four certain goals.

I’m saying that the rest of the team was so bad that even a worldie game from our keeper couldn’t stop us conceding 4.

Gah! If we'd have won tonight, the Arse result woulda been even fucking more beautiful...

As it is, OUR players have left us willing fucking West Ham to win to save our evening... rather than being the cherry on the cake!

Fucking thanks Spurs... I swear they hate our fans sometimes!

Ange has done all he can with what he has.

If we don’t sign more this window, then we know we’re a club that see 4th as the trophy.

It fucking hurts, but what can we do?!

Bitch off on TFC because that’ll change things?

Log

check yourself. Fucking hell. Seriously.

I thought that was well known 4th is our ambition.
Finish 4th with no trophies is a great season for levy
As kane said, a different type of pressure

Of course we have injuries but this was like going back to the late Conte/Stellini era.

Ange has to take the stick for this one, his team played like wimps until they were 4-0 down. The names on the team sheet don’t matter, we should play with aggression no matter who is playing.

Take out of any PL team the equivalent of:

Romero
Micky
Madders
Solomon
Bentacur
Bissouma

And then pick eleven players from that team, to go to Brighton and win a game of football?

Three mistakes gifted them three goals, I think we hit the post twice, and Richy was offside a couple of times?

We are halfway through the season, a season where no Spurs fan would have put us fifth, six point off top spot?

Perspective, realism and patience very much needed.

Back
Top Bottom