Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This season is reminding me of our 15/16 season to be honest - where Poch wasn't quite sure of his best starting eleven at the start, weren't quite where we all wanted to be. I remember people even calling for Pochs head at the beginning of that season too.

We only had 6 points from our opening 5 games. Winning just 1 game. Kane was being written off by everyone (bar Spurs fans really) because he had 1 goal in our opening 9 games and Eriksen started ridiculously slowly.

Then it all clicked round about the end of September/beginning of October. Players were starting to get that little bit fitter, little bit sharper. Our strongest eleven started to form, players got on the same page and we all know exactly what happened that season.

Eventually, we'll click. Eriksen will get consistent. Kane will start taking more shots and scoring more. Pochettino will realise his best eleven and formation and we'll start winning games that we should comfortably be winning and we'll all forget about this start.

I hope it all clicks this weekend.

This season is reminding me of our 15/16 season to be honest - where Poch wasn't quite sure of his best starting eleven at the start, weren't quite where we all wanted to be. I remember people even calling for Pochs head at the beginning of that season too.

We only had 6 points from our opening 5 games. Winning just 1 game. Kane was being written off by everyone (bar Spurs fans really) because he had 1 goal in our opening 9 games and Eriksen started ridiculously slowly.

Then it all clicked round about the end of September/beginning of October. Players were starting to get that little bit fitter, little bit sharper. Our strongest eleven started to form, players got on the same page and we all know exactly what happened that season.

Eventually, we'll click. Eriksen will get consistent. Kane will start taking more shots and scoring more. Pochettino will realise his best eleven and formation and we'll start winning games that we should comfortably be winning and we'll all forget about this start.

I just wish I was as optimistic as you.

It could very well happen but I feel that the reasons for the team not clicking are very different compared to 3 years ago. Back then we didn't have the same off the field pressure with stadium, contracts, overplaying players etc but perhaps I'm wrong.

My biggest fear is that everything just gets worse and spirals out of control until January and we can get some fresh faces in and bounce back.

ExzM86d.png

Poch needs to stop altering the formations and get a settled first 11.

I would keep Davies and Aurier as full backs with Toby and Jan.

Keep Kane up front, the goals will come, with eriksen, Lucas, lamela behind him, one gives way once dele is back.

The middle worries me, Dier is an accident waiting to happen, dembele should have been moved on last season with a replacement in this summer and winks and wanyama are hopelessly off the pace after so long out.

I say it's time to go back to basics, 4-2-3-1:

vorm
aurier - sanchez - verts - rose
dier - dembele
lamela - eriksen - lucas
kane
I thought Sanchez performed well vs Inter and should not be benched.

It's damn unfortunate that Jan is our only LCB option as his cowardly turn away from the Icardi strike was a pivotal moment in our match. I'd love to be able to rotate him out for Toby (or otherwise) this weekend, if we could.

Dier and Dembele- sad, but we've no alternatives there. Winks and Wanyama need to have a good sub appearance before they can be considered for prem starts. Hopefully MoPo gives them both starts in the league cup so we can get a better look at them. Not buying a CM in the summer was a big fucking mistake and now we have to deal with it.

Son on late to challenge a tiring Brighton defense with his pace.

If we are up by at least 2 goals before 75', please give Llorente a bit of game time just so we can see if he can cut it. If not, it may prove to Levy that we need reinforcements there come winter...

I say it's time to go back to basics, 4-2-3-1:

vorm
aurier - sanchez - verts - rose
dier - dembele
lamela - eriksen - lucas
kane
I thought Sanchez performed well vs Inter and should not be benched.

It's damn unfortunate that Jan is our only LCB option as his cowardly turn away from the Icardi strike was a pivotal moment in our match. I'd love to be able to rotate him out for Toby (or otherwise) this weekend, if we could.

Dier and Dembele- sad, but we've no alternatives there. Winks and Wanyama need to have a good sub appearance before they can be considered for prem starts. Hopefully MoPo gives them both starts in the league cup so we can get a better look at them. Not buying a CM in the summer was a big fucking mistake and now we have to deal with it.

Son on late to challenge a tiring Brighton defense with his pace.

If we are up by at least 2 goals before 75', please give Llorente a bit of game time just so we can see if he can cut it. If not, it may prove to Levy that we need reinforcements there come winter...
The only thing I will say is that Dier's passing is extremely worrying. Perhaps give a game to Wanyama. Although it must be said he is not exactly the most reliable on that front either.

The only thing I will say is that Dier's passing is extremely worrying. Perhaps give a game to Wanyama. Although it must be said he is not exactly the most reliable on that front either.

Could be right, I just want to see Wanyama play well for 20-30 minutes before we hand him prem starts.

I hope your right mate!

Young man this is easily your best season on the forum so far, the maturity shining through now

Keep up the good work

3-0 Win COYS

Away to Brighton isn’t exactly the perfect pick me up. Their support will be massively up for it, whilst our players look punch drunk.
Punch drunk is well said. Too many egos not enough humility and graft. I think these multi millionaires should as a bare minimum run their nuts off every game. I see lazy big heads drunk on their own publicity. Drop Kane.

Add to this: with a bit more time, Lucas will be clicking with the rest of the squad too. At the moment, he could be released that much better by the supporting players and his decision making after ghosting opposition defenders can also be improved.

Eventually, he'll start getting to that Dele-Kane kind of understanding. Dare I suggest that it's the reason Poch has been pushing the two-men-up-front formation so heavily?

Back
Top Bottom