Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m shitting myself for this one. If the dressing room really has gone it could get very messy.
Fortunately it appears Brighton have forgotten how to score. Let’s hope they don’t remember before tomorrow lunchtime.

How about a TRIPLE DIAMOND

Lloris
Toby-Sanchez
Dier
KWP-Davies
Ndombele
Eriksen
Lamela-Son
Kane

SO NARROW. 2-1-2-1-1-2-1

:dierno::dierno::dierno:
My tipple while I watch this one...

s-l300.jpg

I’m shitting myself for this one. If the dressing room really has gone it could get very messy.
Fortunately it appears Brighton have forgotten how to score. Let’s hope they don’t remember before tomorrow lunchtime.
That sounds way too much of a job for Dr. Tottenham to me, i guess we will have to outscore them i go for a 3-5 then 😏

I am not even going to guess what team we put out tomorrow.

What I really want to see is Harry wearing the Captain;s armband.

Think we should change back to the 343 / 523 formation, it suits our squad so much more.

Any formation with a 4 man midfield means either - Dier has to play, Winks has to play out of position or we have no protection for the back 4 at all.

Added to that all of our fullbacks are either to old / not physically / not mentally up to playing fullback and offering the width at attacks and also getting back to cover.

I always knew that we would struggle at the end of last season and possibly the start of this season as well. Our midfield was decimated with the loss of Dembele (arguably the best player in our squad in his prime) and not adequately replacing him while was declining and the fitness issues that destroyed Wanyama and Dier. On top of that Dele and Kane were also injured for most of the latter half of last season. This already on top of us going all the way in the champions league when we lacked the squad depth to maintain good form in both competitions even without the injuries. We were always going to struggle the latter half of last season. I was hopeful with the signings this summer, but again we are having horrible luck with GLC and Sessegnon being injured. That along with the previously ever-consistent Toby and Jan looking suddenly aged, Foyth also out on injury, and Eriksen wanting to leave, we have a lot of things stacked against our favor. But Poch also made some stupid decisions as well which did not help things at all. Oh, and we need FBs and didn't bother getting another option up front after letting go of Llorente.
We seemed to be getting away with it for a while but all of the above is catching up with us now...totally agree on the Dembele bit, he was just superb even if his shooting was as awful and Sissoko :)
Think we should change back to the 343 / 523 formation, it suits our squad so much more.

Any formation with a 4 man midfield means either - Dier has to play, Winks has to play out of position or we have no protection for the back 4 at all.

Added to that all of our fullbacks are either to old / not physically / not mentally up to playing fullback and offering the width at attacks and also getting back to cover.
Pretty much everyone's been moaning about having shite fullbacks since Walker was sold, when you think of him and Rose in their prime and how much ground they could cover for the team compared to now it's crazy we haven't taken steps to plug those gaps. The DM worked so well for us too with Dembele and/or Vic depending on the game...I can't believe Poch genuinely feels he has the same quality (and flexibility to make changes in those positions) which makes it all the stranger that we haven't been pushing hard to bring in quality replacements rather than cheap buys and gambles likes Serge...it's baffling that the whole club can be looking at these games week in week out seeing the same struggles but not taking action :pochrolleyes:

We seemed to be getting away with it for a while but all of the above is catching up with us now...totally agree on the Dembele bit, he was just superb even if his shooting was as awful and Sissoko :)

Pretty much everyone's been moaning about having shite fullbacks since Walker was sold, when you think of him and Rose in their prime and how much ground they could cover for the team compared to now it's crazy we haven't taken steps to plug those gaps. The DM worked so well for us too with Dembele and/or Vic depending on the game...I can't believe Poch genuinely feels he has the same quality (and flexibility to make changes in those positions) which makes it all the stranger that we haven't been pushing hard to bring in quality replacements rather than cheap buys and gambles likes Serge...it's baffling that the whole club can be looking at these games week in week out seeing the same struggles but not taking action :pochrolleyes:

We can only really upgrade once players are gone though.

Rose kicked up a massive fuss about leaving, and then none of the teams that unsettled him actually wanted him.
Wanyama just bizarrely refuses to go.
Trippier we did shift.
Aurier had some issue with his bird and then never went.

We can only really upgrade once players are gone though.

Rose kicked up a massive fuss about leaving, and then none of the teams that unsettled him actually wanted him.
Wanyama just bizarrely refuses to go.
Trippier we did shift.
Aurier had some issue with his bird and then never went.
Yeah but surely that approach has to be adapted at times? I agree with the club being sensible on net spend but when we're trying to compete with the best (and keep our top players happy) sometimes you need to do something different...I know it's not as straight forward as just buying a top full back tomorrow but we never seem to be in the hunt for anyone and keep hoping KWP will magically get quicker or Serge will change his mentality.

I also thought Ndombele was gonna be a DM, not sure why we felt the need to spend 65 mill on another CM when there are bigger gaps elsewhere (although he looks a player it feels like an odd buy for the money). I'm sure many peeps have said this already but it feels like the squad has lost balance and the wrong holes are being plugged.

Do you mean Orford? If so, be sure to eat at the Oysterage. Stunning.

Aye, going on the Ness.. walking from the Lighthouseto the old MoD sight.

Yeh I am mostly looking forward to the smoke house goods ! do you know if it is strictly sit down or can you take food away? pushed for time you see / probably watch the game on my phone haha

love Son, he really hates losing! I hope he gets the rewards for his emotions! We got this, can't get any worse can it?

Brighton will score tomorrow. You can nearly guarantee it.

We have become that club again.

It could be Pochettino's last stand so whatever message or decisions he takes need to be correct.

And yes like you if not shitting myself hardly sat there with a need for laxatives.

love Son, he really hates losing! I hope he gets the rewards for his emotions! We got this, can't get any worse can it?

Fcuk his emotions with due respect.

We need all those players who take to the pitch tomorrow to have controlled aggression and be ready to deliver.

That or they will soon have a new man at the helm.

No doubt about that.

Back
Top Bottom