Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should offer more, can't see assists or goals...
He seems to slow & weak most games so my other theory is he has been found out in this league. Defenders now how to isolate him & make him ineffective. Happens a lot where a new player enters the league & does great. Then the following season they average.

- 2-2 away at Brentford and I've seen enough in this half to see what Ange is building so stop panicking you melts. He's undoing the dinosaur football from the Conte/Mourinho era whilst working with a tight budget and already showing he can do the job. Give the team time.
Agree 100% with everything you've said apart from this bit :dier::dier::dier::dier::dier::dier:

Time for big Ange to earn his money. Some positives but we're not creating enough and they have so many behind the ball. We need to beat the man more on the outside, I think sonny only did it once and deki keeps coming inside. Need to get the ball to Richy somehow but hopefully more space 2nd half.

Every year there is some stupid narrative from the PL referees to make the game “better”. Last couple years it was handball and ridiculous offsides. Now it extra extra time and yellow cards for little fouls; but seemingly only for teams that threaten the status quo.

Wow. This is fun.

Such a mixed bag already. Ref is hopeless. Never a pen in a million years.

The press is so fucking good and we will score so many goals from it. We don’t have a presence at centre forward which we knew would happen but richy working so hard. Royal has to pass the ball quicker if he wants to be an inverted FB. Skipp offers very little and Sarr is a better option because he can get away from players and take them out the game. One thing for sure is we wi t get done for pace on our left CB/LB side. VDV looks the part and is unlucky with the goal. Biss,Udogie and Madders are brilliant. It’s all too narrow at times and when you have guys like Royal and Skippy who can’t play it quickly and decisive enough it becomes quite slow. One thing noticeable is we don’t have the bigger pass when it’s sometimes needed.

All in all it’s very good but terrified on our right side. If Porro defended like Royal has he’d be crucified. Also think Udogie could get it out his feet and hit it when 20 to 25 yards out.

Im loving it but nervous 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Udogie and Emerson looked really good.

Maddison is trying to create everything, and is doing brilliantly, while Son and Kulusevski are not suited at all to the system.

VDV has looked good, the deflection was unlucky.

Sanchez is doing as instructed, so him bombing forward and leaving space behind is a high-risk, high-reward strategy that I can't blame him for. His tackles and ball-playing have been very good.

I'm prepared to give a lot of time to Vicario.

Think we've been okay, be more comfortable if ref wasn't giving the home side as MASSIVE advantage.

Few observations.
Sanchez has caused a couple problems, one with positioning and another wen Brentford nearly scored at the end with his bad pass leavin massive space in behind he vacated

Son and kulu always too wide for my taste, both not getting involved. Richarlison not involved at all

Skipp I think in an 8 roll we could use another creative there
In fairness to richie hes working his bollox off

I was raging when they went 2-1 up and posted "same aul shit, fuck off" in here. I'll admit that was stupid, I was just pissed at how soft it was and unlucky.

Overall this has been really great to watch compared to the last few years. Son and Kulu seem so slow things down which is very annoying and Richi has been anonymous.

So impressed with Udogie, VdV and Bissouma. Maddison looks very comfortable on the ball too always looking forward.

A great first half overall for me. I wanted entertaining positive football and looks like that's what we're going to get

Back
Top Bottom