Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's good. Not great. But could be great, in time. Just needs to keep improving aspects of his game and we'll have a baller on our hands. You can't argue with his goals/assists this season at all, all things considered.

Unpopular opinion it seems but I don't think he was that great today. I counted three occasions at the start of the first half where he should have played the ball up the line to the player making a run but either cut inside or turned back as he has no left foot and no outside of the right foot pass. Counted at least 4 times where he gave the ball away cheaply. Times as well where he just turned down a blind alley going to the left of his man then trickling a poor cross either to the side netting or to the keeper. The goal he scored was put on a silver platter for him and just happened to be in the right place not like it was a great run. Even the finish, he just stuck a foot at it rather than place the shot, the keeper still got a hand to it. Basically I still think he will prove to be not up to angeball in time. Hope he proves me wrong
If that was your assessment of his performance today then he has no chance proving you wrong tbh.

Unpopular opinion it seems but I don't think he was that great today. I counted three occasions at the start of the first half where he should have played the ball up the line to the player making a run but either cut inside or turned back as he has no left foot and no outside of the right foot pass. Counted at least 4 times where he gave the ball away cheaply. Times as well where he just turned down a blind alley going to the left of his man then trickling a poor cross either to the side netting or to the keeper. The goal he scored was put on a silver platter for him and just happened to be in the right place not like it was a great run. Even the finish, he just stuck a foot at it rather than place the shot, the keeper still got a hand to it. Basically I still think he will prove to be not up to angeball in time. Hope he proves me wrong
*Sigh*

Delete your account.

He’s already proved you wrong.

I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong about his ability. However what I will say is what a lot wanted to see was a change in his effort off of the ball which was undeniably very poor. There's been a huge change in his off the ball work rate and his desire and he looks a different player right now. Took his goal really well today I thought.

Did you also count all the things he did well?

I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong about his ability. However what I will say is what a lot wanted to see was a change in his effort off of the ball which was undeniably very poor. There's been a huge change in his off the ball work rate and his desire and he looks a different player right now. Took his goal really well today I thought.

Forgot to mention I'd prior post but this 100%. I lost faith and my rag with him after I think it was the United game.

He was pulling out of challenges that he easy could have won or at least pressured the oppo into a mistake, but legit seemed like he didn't have the balls to make the challenges. That was inexcusable tbh.

Hindsight it was likely he'd just had a nasty head clash after going for a 50/50 and was maybe frightened he'd hurt himself again. But ever since Werner came in and gave him competition for his place effort has massively increased and he's challenging for the ball again.

if wasnt British he'd have cost £20m less and everyone would think he was a pretty good signing - its just the British Tax inflating the fee - I like him a lot, Ange wanted him and the club backed him, we've been asking for that kind of support for a long time (although lets see what happens in the summer... its still ENIC here)

Back
Top Bottom