Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This has pretty much been every one of our signings though. And what % of them make it to genuine top 4 first teamers? Would be nice if we just bought someone who was already great for once. These sorts of transfers were a bit more palatable when you could buy some prospect for 10-15m. At 50m it's not for me.

We don’t buy players that are already at the level that they believe as Johnson can reach.

hell never be devastating until he grows a pair. he needs to have an epiphany or something and completely change in that regard. if that can somehow happen then he really could be a force. but all the time hes constantly dodging any physical contact and out on the pitch looking all meek and scared you can forget it. if messi was as meek as him he would of been nothing either, but he willingly put himself in danger.

At 24 Jarrod Bowen was still at Hull City. At 24 Ivan Toney was at Peterborough United having done 6 loans in 3 years before that.

Johnson is still 22. He might take a couple of years to mature and improve but he will get there. He will probably be more of a Bowen than a Bale but I worked at the club when Bale was first bought and fans were on him as well (weak, not good enough defensively or going forward etc) but the club had a plan and it worked out.

I know fans don’t have this but he just needs a bit of patience.

Didn't want to post this in the Kulu thread because some people would start crying but Johnson doing pretty well.

GDPvpDbWAAAnGpm

This has pretty much been every one of our signings though. And what % of them make it to genuine top 4 first teamers?

Porro, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Sarr, Kulu. - 6 of our first XI

Would be nice if we just bought someone who was already great for once.

Maddison, Vicario - Another 2 of our first XI

We thought Ndombele would be but yeh, that didn't end too well.

These sorts of transfers were a bit more palatable when you could buy some prospect for 10-15m. At 50m it's not for me.

The market is fucked..... It has been for years now........

Just seen you have had spence sent back and have put him up for sale. As a forest fan would love to see him a brenan back on the wing together they had an unbelievable connection, hope you guys give them some game time time.
We would like Gibbs-White, in the summer if that’s OK?

You can have Spence and a few Million. Plus Veliz on loan.

Seriously though, are you in FFP trouble? Guess Nuno should keep you up which will help.

At 24 Jarrod Bowen was still at Hull City. At 24 Ivan Toney was at Peterborough United having done 6 loans in 3 years before that.

Johnson is still 22. He might take a couple of years to mature and improve but he will get there. He will probably be more of a Bowen than a Bale but I worked at the club when Bale was first bought and fans were on him as well (weak, not good enough defensively or going forward etc) but the club had a plan and it worked out.

I know fans don’t have this but he just needs a bit of patience.
Bale was a lot younger think 17, never really played much and cost £5M. Not the same as a 22yr old with good champo and EPL experience who cost £50M. Other players younger than him and new to the league like Sarr destiny VDV have hit the ground running. We need creativity other than MADDs and players like BJ and Kulu are meant to provide it by beating players for pace or skill and put in good balls.

Bale was a lot younger think 17, never really played much and cost £5M. Not the same as a 22yr old with good champo and EPL experience who cost £50M. Other players younger than him and new to the league like Sarr destiny VDV have hit the ground running. We need creativity other than MADDs and players like BJ and Kulu are meant to provide it by beating players for pace or skill and put in good balls.
There are differences but Johnson didn’t choose to have 50m spent on him. I think if there were a bale today then he’d be going for 20+ million today.

Sarr was around for a while last year before being trusted to play. VDV - fair enough he did well straight away.

I think BJ has shown flashes and some of his dribbling stats going around were impressive - already one of the best dribblers in the PL.

He’ll need a couple of years to start hitting his peak. That’s the player’s development and he can’t help if fans want someone to hit the ground running. He’s on course to get 10 G+A this season. If next season he puts together 15 goals and assists then that would be one of the most productive wingers in the league. Not bad for a 24 year old, home grown player with room to improve even further.

Back
Top Bottom