Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who the fuck is Eddie Newton? Lol

It's a simple basis of who signed when, who left when and which other players were already established in the same positions at the time.

It's a myth that has been successfully debunked on numerous occasions.

Who the fuck is Eddie Newton? Lol

It's a simple basis of who signed when, who left when and which other players were already established in the same positions at the time.

It's a myth that has been successfully debunked on numerous occasions.
Debunked by who? Eddie Newton was a coach at Chelsea and far more credible than your fecking imaginary debunkers . You can't pick and choose stories to suit your narrative

Last edited:
Debunked by who?

Not who....... Dates and other factual info.

Do a forum search if you see fit (or cobble it together via wiki, BBC etc,).... I've provided this data on a number of occasions. I don't feel inclined to so it again, but in brief.

When Jose arrived, one of the 2 (Salah; who hadn't taken well to the football here) was already on loan and made the move perm in the very next window. The other (KDB) quickly grew frustrated with a lack of consistent starts and instigated a move; but why would a manager rip up a title-winning line-up to placate a young player's desire for personal growth?

Both made moves that suited them, but there's little more to it than that.

I'm not Jose fanboy, but it's just something concocted by his detractors to make him look bad and feed into the 'Jose won't play kids' narrative.

Well everything is an assumption at this point..your assumption is that he isn't good and others saying he is good and the manager has other factors to consider.

It is all suppositions.
I'm saying that he doesn't think Spence is ready yet, especially defensively, which I think is Conte's priority as a pragmatic manager. I don't think Conte thinks he's ready but is refusing to play him because he was a club signing.

Conte is certainly not perfect, every manager makes mistakes, probably a large amount of the time, but willfully not playing Spence even though he thinks he's great is highly unlikely.

When Jose arrived, one of the 2 (Salah; who hadn't taken well to the football here) was already on loan and made the move perm in the very next window. The other (KDB) quickly grew frustrated with a lack of consistent starts and instigated a move; but why would a manager rip up a title-winning line-up to placate a young player's desire
This pretty much confirms that your debunking is just bullshit . Why don't you take a look at the dates yourself and see both have had enough time training under Mourinho.

The ceiling both the players have achieved at their respective clubs as well as Mourinho getting his arse fired half a season after winning the title also shows the price he paid for his ego in letting players "he didn't like" to leave

Scottish reindeer Ferguson did the same with Pogba.

So many examples of managers having made bad decisions in judging a young player.

This pretty much confirms that your debunking is just bullshit . Why don't you take a look at the dates yourself and see both have had enough time training under Mourinho.

I have crunched the dates thanks.... 2 or 3 times.

Where have I said that neither did any training under Jose? Nope..... Nowhere.

The ceiling both the players have achieved at their respective clubs as well as Mourinho getting his arse fired half a season after winning the title also shows the price he paid for his ego in letting players "he didn't like" to leave

It really doesn't....... Jose got himself fired cos he lost the dressing room (irnically the players he backed; not those he didn't!) and the whole Eva Canero situ didn't help either.

Nor is there any suggestion from either player that he "didn't like" them.

Scottish reindeer Ferguson did the same with Pogba.

Fergie ditched Pogba cos he thought between PP & Raola they were not worth the trouble; not because he didn't think Pogba was any good.

Pretty sure United wish they'd stuck with that line of thinking the 2nd time around!

So many examples of managers having made bad decisions in judging a young player.

Ergo Jose is guilty of it in this instance? I'm affraid the burden of evidence doesn't work like that, mate.

Last edited:
Who? I think they tried unless Para is completely useless....do you think you knew this and they didn't?!

It’s not for me to say who, we have people that are employed to do this and are much more qualified that the average supporter.
I think conte thought we were ok in that position it’s the only plausible reasoning for not buying someone. I’m not buying there is nobody bettter in world football we could have got to improve

It’s not for me to say who, we have people that are employed to do this and are much more qualified that the average supporter.
I think conte thought we were ok in that position it’s the only plausible reasoning for not buying someone. I’m not buying there is nobody bettter in world football we could have got to improve
You could be right.

I have crunched the dates thanks.... 2 or 3 times.

Nor is there any suggestion from either player that he "didn't like" them
When a coach from Chelsea making a statement isn't good enough for you and you'd rather listen to voices in your head and some imaginary dates then there really is no debating.

This is like some coach from spurs coming out and saying that Conte is right Spence isn't good enough yet, but people still decide to stick to their tangential theories on why Spence is not playing ("who the fuck is coach xyz lol")

When a coach from Chelsea making a statement isn't good enough for you and you'd rather listen to voices in your head and some imaginary dates then there really is no debating.

This is like some coach from spurs coming out and saying that Conte is right Spence isn't good enough yet, but people still decide to stick to their tangential theories on why Spence is not playing ("who the fuck is coach xyz lol")

There's nothing imagined about my comments.

Jose didn't send Salah on loan and KDB himself spoke of having a meeting with Jose about gametime cos he wasn't prepared to stall his development.

Happy to absorb the coaches theory on things, but there's a generic, non-commital slant to his singular quote about not seeing eye to eye........ About what? .....Their futures? .....World peace?

If the OG criticism is that Jose didn't recognise their fledgeling talent; I see no evidence of that.

Back
Top Bottom