Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually wouldn't have been surprised if Dier had been sent off, and between him and Son I know who I'd prefer to lose if one had to go. Who knows what the outcome of the match might have been had Dier been sent off instead.

In any case, I'm not sure where you want to go with this. Again, it's not that big a deal and if it makes you happy, it's not spursy, just a bad thing, a bad outcome, shit happens, whatever you feel you're willing to live with.

A lot of us just don't like the term "Spursy".

Same way we don't tend to honor St. Totteringhams Day.

No. It’s not.its significance is dwarfed by the Sky money for Premier League.

It’s desireable to have because it’s the best competition to be in. The financial gains are a bonus.
So you are saying CL is over rated?!
Come on, to start with you can not attract decent players, the income from CL is tens of millions of pounds plus gate receipts and the gain form sales of food, drinks, merchandise....... Club status in the elite.
Playing Thursdays in unknown places is horrible.
It is like going back.
We are not manure or woolwich, we just built a new stadium on debt and need income.
I doubt Levy will sign players. It will be a huge huge loss.

Come on, to start with you can not attract decent players, the income from CL is tens of millions of pounds plus gate receipts and the gain form sales of food, drinks, merchandise....... Club status in the elite.
It is like going back.
We are not manure or woolwich, we just built a new stadium on debt and need income.
Might have been a better idea to build the team first

it all comes down to one thing

ZERO FUCKING SIGNINGS. TIME AND TIME AGAIN LEVY REFUSES TO BACK THE MANAGER, REGARDLESS OF WHO THAT MANAGER IS. ANY TIME WE’VE BEEN IN A PIVITOL MOMENT IN OUR HISTORY, LEVY REFUSES TO BACK THE MANAGER. HOW CAN A TOP 4 CLUB ONLY HAVE ONE RECKONISED STRIKER?? IT’S A CON JOB FOLKS, SUCKING YOUR MEAGER MONTHLY WAGES
Poch backed off the signings not Levy.
:townhmm:

Careful what you wish for

On second thoughts; you're right.... Is it too late too pull out of the tie?

:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm:

Show some spine... It's only a game of football for fucks sake!

SPOILER: The worst that can happen is we lose.

If one can't enjoy the ride then get off.

On second thoughts; you're right.... Is it too late too pull out of the tie?

:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm:

Show some spine... It's only a game of football for fucks sake!

SPOILER: The worst that can happen is we lose.

If one can't enjoy the ride then get off.
I know, I know. The pressure's making
me senile

Might have been a better idea to build the team first
We had the success in the last 6 years or so being in the CL league. If and God forbids we don't make it next season then it is down to Levy alone. We did not recruit in 2 transfer windows. We did not replace Dembele. Chelsea, manure and woolwich bought players and over took us. mancity and liverpool spent money and the gap got bigger.
Levy's aim is top 4 and top 4 only. His priority is not winning trophies. He thinks we can achieve top 4 by what we have and that is the only reason he did not spent any penny in 2 windows. He will be proven either way by 5.00pm next Sunday.

It is like going back.

Not at all. I’m saying the financial bonus is not as significant as PL Sky money. It’s why teams getting relegated this season have a higher wage bill than Ajax.

You seemed to be implying that failure to qualify would see us go broke, which is patently nonsense.

It doesn't matter does it. We lost. Fatigue and tiredness are excuses. We've lost 13 times. And we've had plenty of chances to secure top 4. Lucky to beat Brighton and deserved to lose against West ham. Yes fine the attitude from those on the field was ok until the very last minutes but we have fucking bottled it. Only we could turn an easy 3rd place finish into this.

....Only Spurs could blow a ten point gap?

Weren't the Dippers 10 points clear this very season?

I very much think they were.

Besides: "It doesn't matter does it. We lost."

it all comes down to one thing

ZERO FUCKING SIGNINGS. TIME AND TIME AGAIN LEVY REFUSES TO BACK THE MANAGER, REGARDLESS OF WHO THAT MANAGER IS. ANY TIME WE’VE BEEN IN A PIVITOL MOMENT IN OUR HISTORY, LEVY REFUSES TO BACK THE MANAGER. HOW CAN A TOP 4 CLUB ONLY HAVE ONE RECKONISED STRIKER?? IT’S A CON JOB FOLKS, SUCKING YOUR MEAGER MONTHLY WAGES

Someone is brave enough to post the truth
One 'reckonised' striker? They may not be world beaters but last time I looked Llorente and Jansenn were both strikers. And I think I would reckonise them if I saw them in the street. Perhaps not quite the truth that Spaniel thought then eh?

Not at all. I’m saying the financial bonus is not as significant as PL Sky money. It’s why teams getting relegated this season have a higher wage bill than Ajax.

You seemed to be implying that failure to qualify would see us go broke, which is patently nonsense.
Not broke but will take us back few seasons. We lose what we built and achieved with no guarantee when we will be back in the CL. Loss of fan base and more. It is disastrous.

One 'reckonised' striker? They may not be world beaters but last time I looked Llorente and Jansenn were both strikers. And I think I would reckonise them if I saw them in the street. Perhaps not quite the truth that Spaniel thought then eh?
Llorente can barely walk let alone run...

Back
Top Bottom