Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had too many let offs in recent weeks, with results going our way. Tomorrow we need to do what we need to do, and not rely on others dropping points.

Early kick off, win the match and have our season next year already sorted. It’s as simple as that. The players shouldn’t need any more motivation than they are playing to be able to play in the Champions League again next season.

Totally right.

Bournemouth have strikers who can hurt us but a squad that is thin. We have to deliver.

Nope. Still absolutely bricking it.

On an early morning flight to Spain. Sky Go at the ready for the 12:30 kick off once landed (( better fucking work ))

Feel as worried about this as I have done about any game in years, the magnitude of a fuck up, loss and 5th is haunting me.

We have been relegation standard for months, champions League aside, this game is as big as Wednesday. We can’t shit the bed again. Please Tottenham. Please.

Everton can't get Europa if Wolves beat Fulham tomorrow i think. We will win both league games i reckon.

Everton are in a much better state than us at the moment, our form is horrendous. Of the last 10 in the league, 6 defeats, 1 draw and 3 wins. We haven't beaten anybody decent in the league for months. They will rock up at WHL wanting to avenge the 6-2 from earlier in the season, Bournemouth will be a much easier game to wrap up top 4. Although having said that we haven't won an away game since January.

I've never been so nervous for such a boring fixture on paper, this is a massive game. If we can win then it will give us such a massive boost for Ajax, knowing that we are guaranteed CL next season whatever happens means we can play with freedom. Cock up this game and the players won't be able to focus properly.

Everton are in a much better state than us at the moment, our form is horrendous. Of the last 10 in the league, 6 defeats, 1 draw and 3 wins. We haven't beaten anybody decent in the league for months. They will rock up at WHL wanting to avenge the 6-2 from earlier in the season, Bournemouth will be a much easier game to wrap up top 4.

And how's Everton's away form?

4 wins since October isn't it?

Everton are in a much better state than us at the moment, our form is horrendous. Of the last 10 in the league, 6 defeats, 1 draw and 3 wins. We haven't beaten anybody decent in the league for months. They will rock up at WHL wanting to avenge the 6-2 from earlier in the season, Bournemouth will be a much easier game to wrap up top 4. Although having said that we haven't won an away game since January.

I've never been so nervous for such a boring fixture on paper, this is a massive game. If we can win then it will give us such a massive boost for Ajax, knowing that we are guaranteed CL next season whatever happens means we can play with freedom. Cock up this game and the players won't be able to focus properly.
Good time for our form to change.

Ppl will think I'm nuts but we won't win this game or against Everton yet we'll still get top four. Just don't see our players giving the PL the correct focus given their minds are on the CL.

'Cos they know it messes with our sleep patterns and preparations!

Can't have a well rested, fully prepared squad for SUCH an important game, now can we??
The 'Sky Top 4' need ALL the help they can get!! And *3 into 2 don't go!

* the '3' being Man Utd, Arse, Chelsea!!
The irony being this game was scheduled for Monday but we didn’t read the script and went and knocked Man City out of the champ lge!!

I don't think motivation is the problem right now. The players are just tired, and we are missing too many key players. Add to that the fact that we haven't really had a consistent, cohesive starting XI all season, it's really not surprising that we've lost so many games recently. It has nothing to do with motivation and desire, it's technical/tactical.

Back
Top Bottom