Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

D05IBsBW0AIJF0p.jpg

Winks is not a defensive screen, he is about as box to box as you can get nowadays.

Not sure I agree, Dele's a box-to-box AM. Winks is currently playing as the DM screen/recycler, about 10m in front of the CBs. Too close in my opinion, should be about 5-10m further forward. Occasional rush of blood sees him venturing forward, but he's there at the moment to screen/recycle the ball to WBs or Eriksen.

He's done a good job in this position. I hope he's fit for tonight.

Winksy has been a god send this season.

Not really surprising seeing criticism from someone who doesn't rate Luka Modric.

Good judge of a CM.

Winks has "no technical ability" apparently.

In all honesty, if he hasn't then he's even better than I thought. Must be fucking hard to control games without any technical ability.

Like every CL game I won’t enjoy one second of it until it’s over :walkercry:

I love our CL games. Maybe because, deep down, I’m not expecting anything. I like being the underdogs.

In contrast, every second of every PL game is excruciating until we’re two goals clear.

Back
Top Bottom