Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think with in form Kame we could have scored 1 or even 2, but at the same time we could been 1 or 2 down easily if it werent for Hugo on his game. Sufficiently satisfied with 0:0 at the half. Kane could always come clean with a header anytime. But won't mind seeing Lucas or Nando for him if he keeps lumbering and stalling the offence

I honestly think this is the Spurs that starts winning competitions. We’ve done the brilliant Spurs attacking football in the first leg.

We’ve been screaming for the ability to hold our nerve for years, and we’ve done it beautifully tonight.

This is the new Spursy.
I'd like to see this combined with some mature possession football as well and then we're really talking.

Missing the creativity of Dele, his movement is top class as well. Would love us just to get one cheeky goal to kill the tie. Got a feeling it’s gonna be a bit nervy though in the next half. COYS

:tobyarm:

Will Eriksen be more interested in TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR now that Real are getting played off the park by Ajax?

We didn't open up. We kept the ball which likely makes them more nervous with each passing minute. The more we have the ball, the less they have chances to score. Sounds obvious to me.

Juve had two chances and scored. Other then that a perfect game. Agree, why open up. Have you seen us defensively lately. Heroic defending so far but also they are cutting through us quite easily. Harry still not fit. Not sure he should play the whole game...

I thought we played well. We'll score second half, Son getting his goal.

We were absolutely excellent.

Some people seem to equate playing tippy tappy football as being the definition of good football. No. Putting in a defensive masterclass in the biggest cup competition in world football to see yourselves through to the quarter final is equally as fucking good.

Juve put in a performance like this and their lauded.

Back
Top Bottom