Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele is one of my favourite players and now I'm being hounded out as a hater because i said good performances against West Brom and Sheffield United aren't enough to warrant a guaranteed starting place against Woolwich.

If he was as good as some people are making out he wouldn't have been subbed off in all 3 of those games. Ridiculous conversations to be having after a win like that.

Not match fit enough to play 90 minutes. Maybe you think a PL footballer not training for a couple weeks has absolutely zero effect on their match fitness?

Again, no one is saying he was injured, just not ready to be fully up to pace....and that was highlighted by the fact he was benched. And off the pace when he did come on.
I didn't realise he hadn't trained for 2 weeks. Is this true? Also J is an advocate of resting players who have been pretty much ever present as Chadli has been. When does 'rested' cross the line into a lack of match fitness? But I don't want to get in a fight over this, as I said, he played - not that anyone was right or wrong.

Dembele is one of my favourite players and now I'm being hounded out as a hater

You are not being hounded out as anything. You were extremely patronizing and being a total cunt before the game when you claimed that...

good performances against West Brom and Sheffield United aren't enough to warrant a guaranteed starting place against Woolwich.

.....so I for one am simply rubbing it in your face about how very wrong that statement was.

What was it you tried to say to me about not understanding football and the intricate nature of our formation when I said Dembele should start?

Made yourself look a mug, thats all....we all do it, I did after the subs during the game....so what, stop feeling sorry for yourself.

I didn't realise he hadn't trained for 2 weeks. Is this true? Also J is an advocate of resting players who have been pretty much ever present as Chadli has been. When does 'rested' cross the line into a lack of match fitness? But I don't want to get in a fight over this, as I said, he played - not that anyone was right or wrong.

So he was only rested straight after he went home for his dads funeral....where Im pretty sure he wasnt doing much football training. Maybe his head isnt 100% yet either...thats also match fitness.

Or maybe you are right...and he was simply rested for a lesser player....even though he didnt need resting, because he was match fit. Odd, but you never know.

If Chadli had never gone away for family reasons, I doubt very, very much he would have been dropped for Lamela for tactical reasons for this game.
Opinion. Like an arsehole. We all have one. All 11 players out in a great shift on Saturday. The manager deserves the credit for outwitting the longest serving manager in the league & making them look truly poor. Only Poch knows whether he didn't start Chadli due to his absence & lack of match fitness, or whether he just fancied Lamela more on the day. Curiously, Chadli didn't replace Lamela, who stayed on the pitch until injury time. That suggests Lamela was not a direct replacement for Chadli on the day, no?

Only Poch knows whether he didn't start Chadli due to his absence & lack of match fitness, or whether he just fancied Lamela more on the day.

Maybe stop talking like you have all the facts then

Curiously, Chadli didn't replace Lamela, who stayed on the pitch until injury time. That suggests Lamela was not a direct replacement for Chadli on the day, no?

Well if you believe the 75th minute of a game is the same as the 1st, then some might think you have a point. I dont...maybe Dembele was knackered by then, and Lamela wasnt.

Maybe stop talking like you have all the facts then

Well if you believe the 75th minute of a game is the same as the 1st, then some might think you have a point. I dont...maybe Dembele was knackered by then, and Lamela wasnt.
And you happen to have all the facts? Oh dear. Our man in Sweden has all the facts from his intensive Internet research. Did Dembele look knackered to you? He didn't to me. I didn't see any letting up in what he was doing. It was tactical, at the appropriate time , from a top
manager who gets paid lots of money to make such decisions. IT WORKED A TREAT. is that really something to keep arguing about? How about, Poch got it spot on??

And you happen to have all the facts?
Nope. Just making a logical assumption that an in form, first choice player wasnt dropped for tactical reasons, coincidently just after he had missed a few games for a family berievement.
I think he wasnt match fit. I dont really care what you believe, Im just having a debate on a forum.

It wont follow me around all night. I only give a shit, while Im typing, and then I dont. So take this post to bed with you, fuming til the morning if you want, or just move on. Up to you.

Nope. Just making a logical assumption that an in form, first choice player dropped for tactical reasons, coincidently just after he had missed a few games for a family berievement.
I think he wasnt match fit. I dont relly care what you believe, Im just having a debate on a forum.

I wont follow me around all night. I only give a shit, while Im typing, and then I dont. So take this post to bed with you, fuming til the morning if you want, or just move on. Up to you.
You're still a very funny guy

This place has become more about who is right and who's wrong than an actual football forum. Pretty disappointing.

You know that silly point is the most stupid thing people say on here......when you have a debate, are you arguing your case to be wrong? Are you arguing something you do not believe?

OF COURSE any argument is two sides discussing why they both think they are correct. Is that news to you?

OH MY GOD HE THINKS HE IS RIGHT AND BELIEVES WHAT HE IS SAYING!!!!!!!!!

:llorishuh:

You know that silly point is the most stupid thing people say on here......when you have a debate, are you arguing your case to be wrong? Are you arguing something you do not believe?

OF COURSE any argument is two sides discussing why they both think they are correct. Is that news to you?

OH MY GOD HE THINKS HE IS RIGHT AND BELIEVES WHAT HE IS SAYING!!!!!!!!!

:llorishuh:
You make a good point but its one thing to believe in your opinion strongly and argue for it. Its another to start attacking somebody's intelligence because of it. I'm not blaming anybody, mainly because I stop reading when up stumble upon a heated argument. There comes a point when agreeing to disagree is the better option for everyone though.

You make a good point but its one thing to believe in your opinion strongly and argue for it. Its another to start attacking somebody's intelligence because of it. I'm not blaming anybody, mainly because I stop reading when up stumble upon a heated argument. There comes a point when agreeing to disagree is the better option for everyone though.
Here here

Last edited:
Nope. Just making a logical assumption that an in form, first choice player wasnt dropped for tactical reasons, coincidently just after he had missed a few games for a family berievement.
I think he wasnt match fit. I dont really care what you believe, Im just having a debate on a forum.

It wont follow me around all night. I only give a shit, while Im typing, and then I dont. So take this post to bed with you, fuming til the morning if you want, or just move on. Up to you.
You make a lot of good points on here & then go fishing for arguments on the most absurd things. Pat Jennings is a cunt, for example. If anything is going to put a smug grin on your face as you sit at your computer, then do your worst. Some people just love to sit there & draw out a reaction. Then you start calling people out. I'm not trying to be a "face" on here. You are the great pretender to that particular throne on this forum. & if you only give a shit about what you say while you are typing it? Then stop typing shit.
It's bereavement by the way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom