Basel (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Still waiting to see Spurs win a penalty shoot out.

Friedel - 6

Walker - 8
Dawson - 9
Vertonghen - 6
Naughton - 5.5

Holtby - 7
Parker - 6
Dembele - 4.5
Sigurdsson - 7

Dempsey - 7.5
Adebayor - 6

Subs:
Carroll - 7.5
Huddlestone - 6.5
Assou-Ekotto - 6

Friedel - 6

Walker - 9
Dawson - 8
Vertonghen - 6
Naughton - 5

Holtby - 7
Parker - 6
Dembele - 6
Sigurdsson - 7

Dempsey - 7
Adebayor - 6

Subs:
Carroll - 8
Huddlestone - 7
Assou-Ekotto - 6

Good enough performance to beat most teams - coming to the realisation that Basel aren't "most teams". They play in an unfashionable league without any superstars, but they are a very strong, experienced and talented unit.

Friedel - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 9
Vertonghen - 7
Naughton - 6

Holtby - 7
Parker - 6
Dembele - 6
Sigurdsson - 8

Dempsey - 8
Adebayor - 6

Subs:
Carroll - 6
Huddlestone - 6
Assou-Ekotto - 6

January inactivity fucked us.

Friedel - 6 - Not terrible, but if had Lloris started we'd currently be discussing who we wanted in the semi final

Walker - 8
Dawson - 9
Vertonghen - 7.5 - A very good performance marred by the sending off
Naughton - 5.5

Parker - 6.5
Dembele - 6

Siggy - 6.5
Holtby - 6
Dempsey - 8

Ade - 7.5

Friedel - 7

Walker - 8
Dawson - 8.5
Vertonghen - 7
Naughton - 6

Parker - 6
Dembele - 6.5

Dempsey - 7
Holtby - 7.5
Siggurdsson - 8

Adebayor - 7

Carroll - 8
Huddlestone - 7.5
BAE - 7

Friedel - 5

Walker - 9
Dawson - 9
Vertonghen - 6
Naughton - 7

Holtby - 6
Parker - 6
Dembele - 4
Sigurdsson - 8

Dempsey - 8
Adebayor - 6

Subs:
Carroll - 8
Huddlestone - 7
Assou-Ekotto - 6

I'm not blaming Freidel... he made some saves that helped us out...
Verts got caught out on one bad decision....
THudd could've been expected to score, simply 'cos of how hard we know he can hit a ball... for some reason, he didn't... and put the pressure on Ade...
...who as we all know is as cool as fuck and thumbs his nose at pressure... oh, no hang on, he doesn't do that at all... he buckles, and belies the fact he's supposed to be a World Class striker on £DISGUSTING AMOUNT OF WEDGE A WEEK, and fucking skies it... fucking lazy Gooner prick... good luck when your name is read out over the tannoy against Man City in a fortnight... I'm not sure who's set of fans will give you the most abuse!
I was genuinely willing you with ALL MY BEING to prove us 'know-fuck-all numpties' wrong tonight by thumping home your penalty... but sadly, you proved us ALL right in doubting your ability, and commitment to THFC, which seems to be sadly lacking in both departments!

THudd could've been expected to score, simply 'cos of how hard we know he can hit a ball... for some reason, he didn't... and put the pressure on Ade...
...who as we all know is as cool as fuck and thumbs his nose at pressure... oh, no hang on, he doesn't do that at all... he buckles, and belies the fact he's supposed to be a World Class striker on £DISGUSTING AMOUNT OF WEDGE A WEEK, and fucking skies it... fucking lazy Gooner prick... good luck when your name is read out over the tannoy against Man City in a fortnight... I'm not sure who's set of fans will give you the most abuse!
I was genuinely willing you with ALL MY BEING to prove us 'know-fuck-all numpties' wrong tonight by thumping home your penalty... but sadly, you proved us ALL right in doubting your ability, and commitment to THFC, which seems to be sadly lacking in both departments!

Spot on. I have stuck up for this prick ALL season. What the fuck kind of run up was that? I knew before he'd even thought about the kick that he'd missed. Absolutely abysmal. He must be a spy. Sent to do well in first season to lull us into security and fight tooth and nail to sign him up and waste a shit load of money on him, and then do fuck all from then on.

Good team performance overall (especially considering how many important players were missing. Walker, Siggy, Holtby and Dawson were great, but fuck me, anyone up front or anyone else to take that pen and we could be talking about a semi final with Benfica. The Lane would have been buzzing. Shoulda woulda coulda. Now we probably have to watch those blue cunts go and win it. Not that I will be watching at all.

Focus is now on top 4 where our fate is no longer in our hands. I hope Bale gives us the chance to sign some world class players over the summer whatever happens.

COYS

Friedel 6 - Love the guy but every time he plays he looks more inflexible and slower, time to accept you can't go on forever.

Walker 8 - Decent
Dawson 10 - #captainspursy
Vertonghen 7.5 - Played better but seen worse
Naughton 7 - Not bad for the other half of 2 lads from Sheffield in a Big Euro game.

Holtby 7 - Finally finding his feet, have a feeling this kid is going to come good.
Parker 6 - Can't fault his effort, but where's the result????
Dembele 6 - Poor by his standards, looked very, very tired obviously not fit.
Sigurdsson 7 - Looks to have some confidence, has ability and played well.

Dempsey 8 - For a player I don't rate to score 2 goals and run his balls off not bad.
Adebayor 7 - Ok despite his "show pony" trot before his penalty miss.

Subs:
Carroll 8 - Impressed, thought it would be a little too much for him.
Huddlestone 7 - Frustrates me as he has so much untapped talent.
Assou-Ekotto 6.5 - C'est fin.

Friedel - 5

Walker - 8
Dawson - 8
Verts - 6
Naughton - 5

Sig - 7
Holtby - 7
Parker - 6
Dembele - 5
Dempsey - 7
Ade - 5

BAE - 4
Hudd - 7
Carroll - 7

You've found your scapegoat then......really hope you can't make the city game (same goes for anyone else planning boo our striker who clearly has confidence issues.....)

Plus the last 8 windows

Wrong. Vertonghen, Lloris, Dembele, Parker, Adebayor (even if you don't like him permanently, without his goals last season we'd have been fucked), Van Der Vaart, Caulker. Not to mention Friedel, Gallas, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Kane, Holtby, and a host of youth players who may yet come good.

Our inactivity this January was much more costly than our "inactivity" the last 4 years.

Anyway today:

Friedel: 5.5

Walker: 9
Daws: 8.5
Vertonghen: 7.5
Naughton: 6.5

Parker: 6.5
Dembele: 5.5

Holtby: 7.5
Dempsey: 8
Siggy: 7

Ade: 6.5

Penalty miss aside, Ade should have squared for Sigurdsson in that break late on. I understand he may have been time wasting but can't risk pens with a clear goal opportunity. Many many individual mistakes today though, can't blame one player.

Friedel - 5

Walker - 8
Dawson - 9
Vertonghen - 7
Naughton - 5

Parker - 6
Dembele - 6

Dempsey - 6
Holtby - 8
Siggurdsson - 8

Adebayor - 1 (this is because when it comes down to it he doesn't give a flying fuck - that is anti-Spurs)

Carroll - 8.5
Huddlestone - 8
BAE - 8

Sorry, mate - must have watched a different player

The BAE, I saw had the body language of a person so couldn't give half a fuck, got beaten by his man every single time, comitted silly fouls around the box, misplaced passes and generally looked like he didn't want to be there

Back
Top Bottom