Back to basics Match Thread:. LIVERPOOL FC v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC: Sunday, 4.30pm (aka: Tea-time) Deal with it!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today I leave the ground so proud of supporting spurs.

Our travelling support was nothing short of incredible. Their support was diabolical, not a pip squeak, not sure why the media are all over it.
I hope you could all hear us on the TV!
Gallows humour when we were down, to total backing of the team. The players took it personal when we were singing you're not fit to wear the shirt.

I went to the game wanting them to show some fight and spirit. Not bothered about the score, they showed that. Can't complain much.

Absolute limbs when richy equalised to the point my glasses broke, in trying to find them somewhere in the terrace I missed their winner. So in my mind we drew 3-3. 😂

Great away day all in all!

I've not bothered posting in a match thread for so long now because with the bottler Conti was just a boring coward on a never-ending cycle of repeat.

Today (and also the comeback vs Man U) Mason has me giving a fuck about my team again! I'm fuming but I'm fuming because I care, this wasn't the case at all this season.

We should have won that today, score 3 goals at Anfield, hit the post x3 times (I know one of those was offside but trust me had that gone in there would have been lines drawn, it was fucking close offside call), Alisson tipping over, Kulu's miss in first half, Van Dick off the line from Son, a stone wall penalty not given with Konte already on a yellow he would have picked up another and have them with 9 men on the pitch for the last 15mins, because Jota should have been sent off.

We clearly have issues and these issues aren't gonna be addressed by 2 or 3 training sessions but the last two games under Mason we've not played this well at all season under the bottler. We do have a team that can blow teams away and an attacking coach will get us doing this again.

We do have fight, we can compete, Liverpool aren't a great side at the moment, but they did have momentum with them as they had won their last 4(?) on the bounce, meaning they had addressed some of their shitness, Mason hasn't had this luxury yet.

But I'm gonna take the positives from now on, Mase has brought something back that we haven't seen for nearly 4yrs playing utter cowards football. What he's been able to do with just Son has been a massive change, who would have thought it a manager actually improving a player!!!

Last edited:

What an absolute wretched fucking arsehole this man is.

His team wins the game thanks to a player that should've been sent off and he still fucking complains about the referee.

Fuck this complete douche.

Our travelling support was nothing short of incredible. Their support was diabolical, not a pip squeak, not sure why the media are all over it.
Gallows humour when we were down, to total backing of the team. The players took it personal when we were singing you're not fit to wear the shirt.

I went to the game wanting them to show some fight and spirit. Not bothered about the score, they showed that. Can't complain much.

Absolute limbs when richy equalised to the point my glasses broke, in trying to find them somewhere in the terrace I missed their winner. So in my mind we drew 3-3. 😂

Just got home, absolutely gutted, but like you said our support today was brilliant. Never stopped singing all game.

If or when the bin dippers score, I hope klopp goes running down the touchline, trips over a shell suit or discarded job offer and lands on his face with his Turkish teeth flying in all directions like a German nail bomb, showering the job shy spitters in enamel

That Moura sub will haunt us for a long time. Porro was doing fine as an attacking threat. Just absolutely mind boggling from Mason.

Also, that was an absolute stone wall penalty on Richarlison. To not even check it properly is an absolute farce. If that was Dier on Salah it would be a wholly different story.

Lol Klopp with the brass kneck to say that Tierney was against Liverpool?

Unfucking real, to be that shameless

Klopp is a man who the media are desperate to portray as a really nice, happy, passionate bloke, but really he's an absolute prick and you see that every single time something goes against him. Absolutely terrible loser and gets very nasty/intimidating towards officials.

Hate him.

Last edited:

Definitely heard you guys on the tv . You put those scousers to shame . Done us all proud , respect to each and every one of you . COYS

As I haven't got the time or heart to watch even the highlights of this game or even read through the match thread, all I have to say is that our support at this game was phenomenal, so kudos to deadleyledley , Spurshaker Spurshaker and anyone else who made the journey.
Kamala Harris Applause GIF by The Democrats
You would have loved it mrs P proper roller coaster of emotion that typifies being a spurs fan
Optimism before kick off quickly evaporated and at 3 nil there were a few levy out chants and you’re not fit to wear the shirt chants then Romero for the 3rd time under no pressure kicked the ball straight to a Liverpool player - he tried to blame Porro but got quickly jeered and left in no doubt it was his fault

Then a bit of gallows banter - we want our money back we’re shit and we know we are - and then to the Liverpool fans how shit must you be ? It’s only 3 nil

Then from the back of the spurs fans came Tottenham till I die - and that was it - we remembered who we were and why we were there and supported our team (as shit as some of them may be) as best we could - not sure it was because of us but the team responded in style
1 goal gave a glimmer of hope and when the 2nd went in game on - and the scenes when richy scored unbelievable- of course quickly followed by the devastating 4th goal - but in the grand scheme of this shit season who cares ? The players were warmly applauded off the pitch - all in all an amazing day and why I still go to football matches COYS

Fucking idiot cunts.... ANY other club, ANY other game... an annoying, hated, ex-rival player equalised in the 94th minute, that's 3-3... Job done.

But not our stupid pricks... Too busy doing the fucking Pigeon dance and planning the fucking statue to fucking concentrate for 30 seconds more...

We fucking deserved that.

Fucking idiot cunts.

We didn't even deserve to be in with a shout... but when we were given a lifeline, we STILL pissed it away!

I genuinely think the players are fucking retarded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom