Azza Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sell Azza ?

• Total voters
Agreed. It may be a radically different opinion than yours but you should never have to insult the OP to get your own views across.

My first thoughts when I saw the headline were maybe, he is very injury prone, would fetch a high fee and we do have loads of midfielders now. However while a lot of those midfielders may have the potential to be better than Lennon, (I'm thinking Sigurddson, Holtby, Chadli, Paulinho and maybe even Townsend here) no one has proved so far that they are. It's great to have a speedy attacking winger who actually defends too.

Also it's always forgotten just how long he has been with us, he's a Tottenham legend entering his ninth(!) season.

My problem is mainly the fact I find it hard to understand what the fuck he's on about.

Plus I'm really tired and all fucking day this royal baby bollocks has been going on and it's quite grating.

Aaron is one of my favourites. He's one of those players who can sometimes be a bit out of games, but when he doesn't play, we miss him terribly and the balance of the side is all askew. He seems to be happy with us so why would we get rid? The modern game is not about a First Eleven anymore, our squad needs to be strong in all areas, as there is no way we will get through a season without key players losing form or getting injured. If we are playing well and are successful, players won't mind warming the bench up, if they get enough playing time that makes them feel part of the success.

Chadli isn't a "pacey" winger
Bale will most likely be starting behind the striker
Why would he compete for a starting spot, it's his starting spot.
Why would we play both our remaining out and out wingers on the same fucking side.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with your grasp of the English language??

Chadli has pace to his game and can operate on the left side

I think Bale will operate on the right side and not in the middle which is one of my points of Lennon becoming possible surplus

Looks like it might be that time of the month for you with your petty personal digs at me for simply adding a forum topic. There 's a fix for that. Hit up your local drug store. I'll even cover the costs

Looks like it might be that time of the month for you with your petty personal digs at me for simply adding a forum topic. There 's a fix for that. Hit up your local drug store. I'll even cover the costs

There's only room for one dubious medical professional on this forum.

Unless you're offering to fuck his pain away. In which case, have at it.

Sorry guys but I have to agree with Philly here. When Lennon isn't on the right (which I don't think he'll be most of this season with bale there), I don't see what he'd bring to this team. I'd rather have Gylfi on the left. He's a much better passer and seems like he knows where to be in the box with some of the goals he scored. I don't know enough about Chadli to mention him so ill withhold my judgement for now. Lennon could be a good squad player though, i don't know if he'll like that role though.

Aaron is one of my favourites. He's one of those players who can sometimes be a bit out of games, but when he doesn't play, we miss him terribly and the balance of the side is all askew. He seems to be happy with us so why would we get rid? The modern game is not about a First Eleven anymore, our squad needs to be strong in all areas, as there is no way we will get through a season without key players losing form or getting injured. If we are playing well and are successful, players won't mind warming the bench up, if they get enough playing time that makes them feel part of the success.
I agree with your point

Us one day I hope you turn up at my door for some hanky panky

Chadli has pace to his game and can operate on the left side

I think Bale will operate on the right side and not in the middle which is one of my points of Lennon becoming possible surplus

I just can't stand bad English.

I just can't stand bad English.

Back off dude, it's the internet.

back to the OP - Lennon won't see much of the right side this season due to Bale, presumably. There are three obvious choices at LW then - Chaldi, Townsend, Lennon and then Siggy can play there. Lennon, in my mind, is very clearly the least attacking option out of the three. that is being based off him playing as a natural winger. I haven't been a spurs supporter for that long, in terms of years, so I might and probably am wrong but I haven't seen Lennon put into a position when he is a clear attacker. Lennon might have been told to be more defensive minded having Bale on the other wing being more attacking minded, for most of Lennon's recent years. I am very intrigued at how Lennon will play with more of an attacking mindset. I do think he will adjust and he will bag a good amount of goals but many Dempsey like goals. I think he will be more forward and getting into the positions for knock ins and finishing the rebounds.

Lennon has many seasons as a traditional winger to back his career and still faily young, he won't lose value having one sub par season and if it doesn't work we can ship him out next season. Lennon could be very useful this season.

Much needed competition for Lennon - well pleased

Hopefully we can see the best of both players now - keep at all costs - one of the best 'pure' wingers in the PL

Those polls I did a back in May had Lennon as 69% first team, 31% squad. Nobody wanted him sold. I think the posts here seem to back that up no?

Also 53% wanted a new first team Attacking Midfielder/Winger and 28% wanted a new squad one. This was based on a 4-2-3-1 anyway.

Favorite player but I would think about selling Lennon in the next year. This is the last window where you can get good value for him.

Edit: I meant window of time (year or 2) not literal transfer window

You have replaced TokyoSpurs TokyoSpurs as the best poster on here.

Favorite player but I would think about selling Lennon in the next year. This is the last window where you can get good value for him.

Edit: I meant window of time (year or 2) not literal transfer window

Why do you say that? Incredibly he's only still 26 and has a contract to 2016.

Back
Top Bottom