Azza Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sell Azza ?

• Total voters

PhillyHotspur

High for so long fell asleep on the fucking plane
With the arrival of the new pacey LW Chadli & Bale's likely spot on the RW in AVB's starting 11, is it time to think about moving Aaron Lennon ?

The club would clearly get top shelf price (approx 13 to 17M) for the accomplished Midfielder w/ the English roots which then can be re-invested for a complete Striker to lead the line.

However, Lennon is obviously a fan favorite & brings a certain dynamic to Spurs Midfield that is irreplaceable to a certain extent. Plus, he clearly loves the club and has very good relationship w/ the fan-base.

Personally, I would definitely love to keep Lennon and see him compete for that starting spot which he is clearly worthy of. But, part of me thinks this would surely create the immediate funds available to lock down that complete Striker to fill out the starting 11 for next the new campaign. What to do ?

You need to think about the 25, not just the 11. First see if Chadli actually does take Lennon's starting spot, and second, see if Chadli is as injury prone as some have said. No reason to sell Lennon yet.

stupid thread... we are building a SQUAD we have three senior players for two positions with one more looming in the offing to make four for two... That's just about enough cover. The only place in on the pitch it's worth talking about selling players is CM where we have three positions and over ten players and hopefully that'll be cut down with the sales of Parker, Hudd and Livermore to make it just about the right amount...

You need to think about the 25, not just the 11. First see if Chadli actually does take Lennon's starting spot, and second, see if Chadli is as injury prone as some have said. No reason to sell Lennon yet.

Fair point.

I'm just weary of the club being able to come up with the needed funds for that Striker and dropping a size able sum on Chadli does imply the likelihood of his inclusion in the line-up next year. And I do rate him highly with his overall ability and current starting 11 selection in Belgium's national team. I really just cant see Chadli/Bale/Lennon all being selected in the starting 11.

stupid thread... we are building a SQUAD we have three senior players for two positions with one more looming in the offing to make four for two... That's just about enough cover. The only place in on the pitch it's worth talking about selling players is CM where we have three positions and over ten players and hopefully that'll be cut down with the sales of Parker, Hudd and Livermore to make it just about the right amount...

I guess we'll see how stupid this thread it. But I think it has merit and worthy of some different POVs. This is called a "Forum" for a reason.

Fair point.

I'm just weary of the club being able to come up with the needed funds for that Striker and dropping a size able sum on Chadli does imply the likelihood of his inclusion in the line-up next year. And I do rate him highly with his overall ability and current starting 11 selection in Belgium's national team. I really just cant see Chadli/Bale/Lennon all being selected in the starting 11.
And so what if they don't start together? The fact we'd have players of that calibre on the bench would prove more than ANYTHING how much we have progressed since the late nighties early noughties...

And so what if they don't start together? The fact we'd have players of that calibre on the bench would prove more than ANYTHING how much we have progressed since the late nighties early noughties...

Well, I think your making (2) assumptions:
A) Lennon would be fine w/ not being an automatic selection into the starting 11 which he has had in the past.
B) Spurs already have the sufficient funds to purchase that 18M to 22M Striker

Don't rate Chadli as a Lennon replacement until I have seen him play in the Premier League and have been convinced he is better than Lennon.

Until that is the case, Lennon is in my preferred first XI.

Well, I think your making (2) assumptions:
A) Lennon would be fine w/ not being an automatic selection into the starting 11 which he has had in the past.
B) Spurs already have the sufficient funds to purchase that 18M to 22M Striker
Who ever said Lennon would be the one on the bench? Lennon might step up his game with the added competition and starting on the left, make him more direct and aggresive on goal and then we'll all be laughing...

I never quite understand the 'one in means one out' logic, ESPECIALLY when you're talking about someone with Lennon's quality!
Surely BUILDING a squad doesn't mean shipping a winger out the moment a new one arrives (unless we're talking about Bentley!)

We ARE allowed to have more than one quality player in each position!

We should be totally confident that whoever plays in any one position on any given day, is as good a choice as his alternative...
rather than a first choice, and then someone whose matchday inclusion draws Spursy groans and wondering 'what's wrong with...?' when the teams are announced....

Back
Top Bottom