Away to Villa - 13 March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3-0 win

At least

Can't see anything else

Fill your boots boys and improve that goal difference!

:akabusi:

A long while since I've posted on here rather than stalked the edges & observed like Wenger at a primary school disco...

Is anyone else really REALLY fucking worried by this game?? It's got season ender written all-bloody-over it. I was chatting to a mate earlier who brought up the fact we seem to always go to shit after the scum game in Feb/March (Pretty sure the fixture generator has a glitch - we ALWAYS get them at his time of year?!?)

Aside from that, personally I hate playing the sides fighting relegation at this stage of the season as opposed to the ones near the top (Why I still think that Leicester won't finish top-2) - you never know when they're gonna wake the fuck up & play total blinders (Andros cutting inside & scoring a 97th minute, 35 yard winner for Benitez to keep the Zebras up on the last day of the season anyone??) . The law of averages (not to mention Murphy's law - I've been a Spurs fan for too long...) says Villa have to win sometime, and it would be oh so fucking Spursy for us to cock it up around now, after we've all just about reluctantly accepted that WE ARE IN THE MOTHERFUCKING TITLE RACE (Huge achievement, all credit to he who is magic... But again - I was a massive pessimist regardless of what the media said)

After the AIDs that was the midweek game, Poch's team selection against Dortmund is made or broken upon this result & the Bournemouth game. Six points & he was right to focus on the league - pressure will be on those Far-Eastern gangbang wankers. Of course you'd fancy us on paper, but the last 25 years of following our glorious (yet utterly fucking heartbreaking) club have taught me to panic like Adam Johnson's defence team.

Of course, on paper we should batter the slurred-accent, "Island"-instead-of-roundabout wankers. My best friend is a Brummie who never forgave us for Pav's screamer sending Birmingham City down & I still feel we owe him some consolation. Not since Martin O'Neil fought us for forth has this game been more important. I'm just scared. Proper bloody 'I can take the the failure, just not the hope' scared.

I bet Hutton scores. Or crunches someone really important to the remainder of our season like Ashley ChocIce crunched him at the Lane in years yonder..

Maybe I've been a Yid for too long for optimism. Maybe I'm coming down off a night of the naughty Bolivian marching powder & am looking at a glass half empty. Either way, fucking COYMFS. This is more important than finding out how good our strongest side actually is in terms of the European elite. Let's prove Poch right & find that out on Tuesday/Wednesday nights next season, yeah?

(Did I mention I'm petrified we'll lose this & finish fifth? It'd be Spursy like the West London Racist Cunts winning on fucking penalties to the best team in Europe at the time. Spursy like Pedro Mendes at Old Trafford. Spursy like Ballotelli stamping on Scotty Parker's face, then scoring a penalty in the 95th cunting minute. Spursy like fucking Lasagne. FUCKING DIRTY WOOLWICH FUCKING SCUM LASAGNE.)

A long while since I've posted on here rather than stalked the edges & observed like Wenger at a primary school disco...

Is anyone else really REALLY fucking worried by this game?? It's got season ender written all-bloody-over it. I was chatting to a mate earlier who brought up the fact we seem to always go to shit after the scum game in Feb/March (Pretty sure the fixture generator has a glitch - we ALWAYS get them at his time of year?!?)

Aside from that, personally I hate playing the sides fighting relegation at this stage of the season as opposed to the ones near the top (Why I still think that Leicester won't finish top-2) - you never know when they're gonna wake the fuck up & play total blinders (Andros cutting inside & scoring a 97th minute, 35 yard winner for Benitez to keep the Zebras up on the last day of the season anyone??) . The law of averages (not to mention Murphy's law - I've been a Spurs fan for too long...) says Villa have to win sometime, and it would be oh so fucking Spursy for us to cock it up around now, after we've all just about reluctantly accepted that WE ARE IN THE MOTHERFUCKING TITLE RACE (Huge achievement, all credit to he who is magic... But again - I was a massive pessimist regardless of what the media said)

After the AIDs that was the midweek game, Poch's team selection against Dortmund is made or broken upon this result & the Bournemouth game. Six points & he was right to focus on the league - pressure will be on those Far-Eastern gangbang wankers. Of course you'd fancy us on paper, but the last 25 years of following our glorious (yet utterly fucking heartbreaking) club have taught me to panic like Adam Johnson's defence team.

Of course, on paper we should batter the slurred-accent, "Island"-instead-of-roundabout wankers. My best friend is a Brummie who never forgave us for Pav's screamer sending Birmingham City down & I still feel we owe him some consolation. Not since Martin O'Neil fought us for forth has this game been more important. I'm just scared. Proper bloody 'I can take the the failure, just not the hope' scared.

I bet Hutton scores. Or crunches someone really important to the remainder of our season like Ashley ChocIce crunched him at the Lane in years yonder..

Maybe I've been a Yid for too long for optimism. Maybe I'm coming down off a night of the naughty Bolivian marching powder & am looking at a glass half empty. Either way, fucking COYMFS. This is more important than finding out how good our strongest side actually is in terms of the European elite. Let's prove Poch right & find that out on Tuesday/Wednesday nights next season, yeah?

(Did I mention I'm petrified we'll lose this & finish fifth? It'd be Spursy like the West London Racist Cunts winning on fucking penalties to the best team in Europe at the time. Spursy like Pedro Mendes at Old Trafford. Spursy like Ballotelli stamping on Scotty Parker's face, then scoring a penalty in the 95th cunting minute. Spursy like fucking Lasagne. FUCKING DIRTY WOOLWICH FUCKING SCUM LASAGNE.)
TLDR but read up to 3rd para and not worried at all. They're fucking shit and we're fucking sick and we'll smash them to absolute bits. We're 2nd for a reason and they're 20th for a reason.

Although the result against the Scum was disappointing we did play well. The occasion was massive, the result was very important and losing was unmanageable. Today we need to apply the same urgency, inportance and hopefully the performance. BIG GAME.

This is NOT the tone I wanted to wake up to this morning...
I hope to fuck they're not letting you give the team talk!!!

We can afford to feel optimism for once...
And, may I say, don't mistake optimism for over confidence, arrogance or lack of respect...
I fully respect Villa... after all, I grew up with them being one of the best teams in the Country for about 2-3 years!
I'm confident in OUR ability to overcome a team out of form, not for us to capitulate 'cos we suddenly forgot how to play football in a little over a fortnight!

Kids, don't do drugs, just say no!

Maybe I've been a Yid for too long for optimism. M aybe I'm coming down off a night of the naughty Bolivian marching powder & am looking at a glass half empty. Either way, fucking COYMFS. This is more important than finding out how good our strongest side actually is in terms of the European elite. Let's prove Poch right & find that out on Tuesday/Wednesday nights next season, yeah?

You are all gloom and doom on his fine day. This is the attitude that needs to disappear from THFC. Whilst stating the Spursy cliché s you neglect the positives. We have achived so much this season so far, I dont feel we will throw it away so easy. Today we will get the result, we are a god side and Im sure with players rested we should go on and win this. Scrape a 1 nil for me.COYS

I hate the way you write.

I'm taking nothing for granted today. Painfully aware that what we should do is not necessarily the same as what we will do.

That said, the team this year gives me more confidence than any other in recent memory has that we will do what we should do.

"Will do" and "should do" are very different things..

We SHOULD win this by a country mile... the possibility/probability we won't DOESN'T mean we're still more than capable of winning... we really are a very goid side...
but I don't think it will be of Wigan/9-1 proportions!! That's just being greedy... 3 points is what we need now... +GD has only ever been a bonus!

We've never had 2nd in OUR HANDS... in MARCH... SECOND... IN OUR HANDS!

Just think about that some of you, before posting anything TOO negative that lowers the tone of this fine fine season so far!!!

If we can't be positive NOW, in this position, when CAN we be?
'cos I certainly won't be confident this time next year when we've got the CL semi-finals on the horizon, and the title within our grasp!!!!!!!!

Just take a gooood look at how far we've Come...On You Spurs!

Back
Top Bottom