Away fans in Paxton last night

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm all for that mate, but I don't agree with mixing away fans into the home sections. It's only going to antagonise people and cause issues. If you want to have banter with away fans, sit near them in Park Lane.

More to the point, why were these tickets not sold to Spurs fans at a discount if they needed selling?

Oh wait. Discount? LOL :levyeyes:
What about when we go to Milan, Madrid etc and Hoover up tickets in the home areas? Bit hypocritical to whine about it when boot is on the other foot. They're a massive club with a massive following. At least they weren't Polish meat heads that we had few years back.

I thought they were great.

It just fucks me off the they put them in te park lane so when they get an extra allocation it's the traditionally vocal (though not so much these days) home supporters that get scattered aroun the ground. We should be like Barcelona or Newcastle and stick them up somewhere as far away from the pitch as possible

Also in such a small stadium it's a lot easier for a large amount of away fans to dominate noise wise.

It just fucks me off the they put them in te park lane so when they get an extra allocation it's the traditionally vocal (though not so much these days) home supporters that get scattered aroun the ground. We should be like Barcelona or Newcastle and stick them up somewhere as far away from the pitch as possible

Also in such a small stadium it's a lot easier for a large amount of away fans to dominate noise wise.
Damn right! When, or IF, the new stadium ever gets built that's exactly what we need to do - shove the away fans into some remote corner and leave our new 'park lane' vocal section completely in tact.

Benfica should have had a traditional allocation, Give them a couple of upper tier blocks but kick them out of 35/36. That would have given them more tickets and been fairer on our support (more cheaper tickets).

Their support was great last night. Obviously difficult to know how many are London fans and how many are over from Portugal but ultimately it doesn't matter.

Perhaps the game should have been "Restricted General Sale" like they do with Bingo.

For the record I have been in the home end at the San Siro. I knew what I was doing. Didn't act like a massive cunt during the game although it was obvious I was Spurs. To be honest the whole block that night was Spurs. We'd deliberately purchased slightly more expensive seats (30 Euro) at the side. The only place it kicked off was in the lower tier beneath our away support that night. More choice in a massive stadium though!!

Walking to the ground last night I couldn't believe the number of half and half scarves being worn, literally thousands and thousands. I hate these things and have never understood why anyone would wear a scarf with the oppositions colours on.
Forward 90 mins I know understand who wears them and why. They were all Benfica fans that were in home end seats. I was completely surrounded by them (within a radius of 10 seats). All well behaved, respectful of home supporters by not signing or cheering, but what I did notice was all of them had the Spurs half of their scarf tucked out of sight with the Benfica half proudly on display. If you are gonna take over a stadium in today's plastic era, this is how you do it.

Us Brits are so lazy compared to well organised, passionate continental supporters.

Many going we got mugged off etc by Benfica fans in our end, that's not altogether true. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if they're foreign, simply because the culture of football support is different in those countries and it's understood to be less likely that you'll get in trouble for supporting the away team unless you're among a club's ultras. Seen it happen at many games abroad in France and Spain, people used to (probably still do) wear Marseille kit in the home end at AC Arles, also remember Hazard setting up the winner when they played Lille and a kid in front of me started screaming in support of Lille.. A bigwig Chelsea acquaintance of mine was giving it the biggun about how at the World Club Cup final in Tokyo he lamped a Japanese Corinthians fan for being in their end. Nice one son, aren't you hard starting on someone in their own country with a completely different footballing culture.

That's not to say I was happy there were pockets of Benfica in our end. Club should have made GS tickets restricted, and stewards should have called them out on it when they celebrated. But to be honest it's not something I'm massively concerned about; at the moment the state of the club makes every other problem pale in comparison.

No such concessions for an English fan, mind.

Last edited:
Just another example of the corporate side of the club not giving a fuck. Hike up ticket prices because it's Benfica, subsequently not all Spurs fans can afford to attend. No worry, they'll go on general sale and all the Portugese who live near me (Stockwell) can snap 'em up on general sale and take over our ground. But tickets sold, bums on seats, money in the bank. Makes me sick.

Nothing specifically wrong with away fans getting in the home stands (done it myself) but:

1) You don't wear colours
2) You don't sing for the away side
3) You don't celebrate goals

Stewards should have chucked out every obvious Benfica fan, although seeing all the empty blue seats afterwards might have been just as embarrassing...

Just another example of the corporate side of the club not giving a fuck. Hike up ticket prices because it's Benfica, subsequently not all Spurs fans can afford to attend. No worry, they'll go on general sale and all the Portugese who live near me (Stockwell) can snap 'em up on general sale and take over our ground. But tickets sold, bums on seats, money in the bank. Makes me sick.
Take over the ground?

3k tops from 34k. Less than 10%. They had the usual lower tier only Euro away allocation plus a few blocks of them dotted around.

Bigger things to worry about than a dick waving contest.

Take over the ground?

3k tops from 34k. Less than 10%. They had the usual lower tier only Euro away allocation plus a few blocks of them dotted around.

Bigger things to worry about than a dick waving contest.
OK, maybe an exageration, but my main point was more about continuing corporate indifference, ticket pricing, and issues concerning away fans in home areas not a 'dick waving contest'.

OK, maybe an exageration, but my main point was more about continuing corporate indifference, ticket pricing, and issues concerning away fans in home areas not a 'dick waving contest'.
The Benfica fans don't concern me at all. Ticket pricing (though I thought pricing last night was reasonable in context) and corporate indifference does.

Ticket prices for all the EL games were £20 up to last night. It just angers and annoys me that they hiked the price up for this game because they knew they could get away with it, regardless of who actually sat on the seat.

If it had kicked off last night, the club would only have themselves to blame. It's never bothered them what the fans think before and they weren't about to consider how the fans felt last night..
We only got offered a percentage of the tickets we should have when playing Woolwich away, which was a big deal to our fans, what did the club do about it?????? Jack Shit, that's what they did.

Can all you cunts stop complaining about lack of segregation and safety and just give us all your disposable income. And don't forget – you're not allowed to lend your season ticket to anyone – even a trusted friend or family – it could be dangerous. Or say the word "yid" – that might cause a plague or something. Oh and don't forget to buy a £5 hotdog (which will probably go through you like a porche) and £3.50 shiny programme. Enjoy yourselves! (But not too much.)

:levylol: Hehe! Mugs.

i dont understand how this is such a big deal their fans are obviously more excited to see their team then we are, the club wont pass on extra cash we all know that

i dont understand how this is such a big deal their fans are obviously more excited to see their team then we are, the club wont pass on extra cash we all know that
as someone frontwheel mentioned you arent allowed to sell your ticket on away from stub hub for fear it will fall into opposition supporters hands, yet the club will sell them to them.

Back
Top Bottom