AVB'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs said:
Fair enough regarding Luiz. I honestly believe AVB was naive at you lot (deploying a system without the players), but I dont think his cause was helped by those players unwillingness/inability to adapt.

thing is im not even convinced that was his idea. either he was incredibly naive and played a team completely unsuited to the tactics or he was told to play a certain way from the higher ups on the board. who knows

I think Bobbi D will really struggle at Chelsea...he is not up to the job- they will expect sexy time football plus winning football and I canniot see him providing that- I thuink a cheeky bet that Harry will be there manager pre Xmas would have Triffic value....

Not saying AVB is the messiah far from it..and I think early doors Tottenham will not take advantage of the fixtures which are kind and this may caise them to struggle to get in top 4 but fact is...12 mths ago- having AVB- the next big thing..the potential GOAT as the manager with Chelsea having Bobbi D and a "promise" from Pep.... good times i think.

Smoked Salmon said:
onebelo said:
i watched every chelsea game last year including preseason. as a comment purely on how the team played under AVB, it was rubbish football. the worst things were the 2 CBs and GK would see more of the ball than any other player, constantly playing the ball between them all match with absolutely zero penetration..... it was terrible to watch, the midfield movement was non existant to link up defence to attack and so NOTHING game through the centre of the pitch... it all got pushed out the wings every attack and no meaningful penetration came through the centre.........AVB is an interesting character with his record at porto and relations with Sir bobby and Jose etc, so im very curious to see how he gets on with other clubs which is why ill be watching spurs games this season.... but these are some warning signs spurs fans should look out for in preseason...
Are you a Chelsea fan?

onebelo said:
ArtyB said:
There's no real point speculating about it all anyway...we'll see soon enough how things shape up...

this is exactly the point of a forum

But it's out of season...all we are able to do is speculate...we won't know how our squad is going to respond to AVB until they actually play a game.

Stanners said:
Smoked Salmon said:
onebelo said:
i watched every chelsea game last year including preseason. as a comment purely on how the team played under AVB, it was rubbish football. the worst things were the 2 CBs and GK would see more of the ball than any other player, constantly playing the ball between them all match with absolutely zero penetration..... it was terrible to watch, the midfield movement was non existant to link up defence to attack and so NOTHING game through the centre of the pitch... it all got pushed out the wings every attack and no meaningful penetration came through the centre.........AVB is an interesting character with his record at porto and relations with Sir bobby and Jose etc, so im very curious to see how he gets on with other clubs which is why ill be watching spurs games this season.... but these are some warning signs spurs fans should look out for in preseason...
Are you a Chelsea fan?

Attacks coming from the wing rather than the centre of the pitch? Don't see why that's a bad thing.
The reasons it would work for us: Bale, Lennon, BAE, Walker
The reason it didn't work for Chelsea: They have no wingers.

ArtyB said:
onebelo said:
ArtyB said:
There's no real point speculating about it all anyway...we'll see soon enough how things shape up...

But it's out of season...all we are able to do is speculate...we won't know how our squad is going to respond to AVB until they actually play a game.
Case, lock the thread.

ArtyB said:
onebelo said:
ArtyB said:

To be fair thats like saying lock all transfer discussion threads until they sign, because its just speculation. See nothing wrong with discussing our manager with a fan from AVBs last club, and discussing reasons as to why it might work here, and didnt there.

To be fair I did think AVB was tactically naive at Chelsea, he messed the team about a bit but I guess he thought he was doing it with the Russian's blessing...I guess he was naive thinking that as well...

Rosie47 said:
sammyspurs said:
To be fair thats like saying lock all transfer discussion threads until they sign, because its just speculation. See nothing wrong with discussing our manager with a fan from AVBs last club, and discussing reasons as to why it might work here, and didnt there.

Agreed. As long as said discussion doesn't degenerate into petty childishness. Hard to see it not happening though.

It hasnt yet to be fair, and the only reason its gone off topic is because people are calling the thread to be locked and saying its a non issue. It was an ok debate up til then...

Back
Top Bottom