AVB - A reminder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has any tabloid run with the headline "Andre Villas Boo-as" yet?

Only a matter of time if not.

Booing your own team is a special kind of cuntishness which I thought was reserved for the red lot.

S.L.R said:
I wanted Redknapp out in the end, despite having supported him since he came in. The reason was that he had made it clear he wanted to jump ship, stepped up the self serving deflections, whether that meant disparaging the players' intelligence or fanbase's intelligence, and had, IMO, abandoned the club's season as if our success was no longer important since he no longer needed a reference for his new employer.

I think there is a big difference between that situation and AVB having managed three games.

However, I do agree with you on a couple of things Sammy, some of the vitriol aimed at Redknapp was excessive. But similarly, anyone calling for AVB to be sacked is clearly taking it too far.

Anyway, can we make a distinction please. Debating online is different to booing the team in our stadium. I think that's when you truly are acting like a proper cunt.

I agree regarding Arry. Thought he was quality for us because his forte is to take players and give them so much confidence and encouragement they play their bollocks off for him.

Unfortunately the turbulent year he had plus obvious tactical issues and the fact that he wanted the England job way way too much at the expense of us clinched it for me.

I still think he's triffic except for his tendency to open his gob way too much.

I just think it was time to address the tactical side however I haven't yet seen any improvement in this area but its early doors. And just as long as it isn't being pushed at the expense of having happy players playing for the manager..

Burko said:
Has any tabloid run with the headline "Andre Villas Boo-as" yet?

Only a matter of time if not.

Booing your own team is a special kind of cuntishness which I thought was reserved for the red lot.

the mirror already has.

I heard unsubstantiated rumours that Harry went because of his off pitch activities. Had Chelski not won the CL, and pushed us out would he still be manager?

AVB deserves a chance, but I do wonder how many of the recent transfers were his decision given that we were ITK'd with both Dembele and Dempsey in previous transfer windows. Now that the window is closed he should theoretically have time to work with the players, but now there's an international break so we're probably going to be in almost the same state going into the next game.

I've heard that AVB likes to gather stats and know all about the opposition. He should the probably start with knowing us. As soon as I heard the substitution that signalled we were going to try to hang on to the 1-0 lead, I actually groaned out loud. If he knew his history he would have known it wouldn't happen.

I don't get people moaning about the sub - the top managers do it all the time and it doesn't always end in the oppo team equalising.

I cant remember where I saw it - it may of been here but apparently AVB has got only 3 wins from his last 15 games, circumstances and all that but surely thats a little more worrying...

theres a difference between wanting him sacked and thinking he will be. avb seems to resemble his teams to some extent, both invite pressure that they cant really handle.
i'd like him to win us the league and the champions fucking league but that aint gonna happen, so i'll settle for decent finish's and attacking football. there was no need to get outplayed by norwich but he chose a team that was easy to read and play against.
he has a lot to learn, and i hope he does but he should know enough by now surely ?
so , sorry, im not convinced, i wouldnt boo at the games just yet, if we were like this in febuary then possibly, yeah, why not ? cost a lot to get in at spurs and you want entertainment and at the very least, commitment from the team.
so the boo boys should fuck off and support chelsea ? well, those that dont feel the same passion should consider supporting watford or some other club whose fans dont demand as much as ours do, and have a right to, because we do have a right to expect certain things at spurs and we historically we have always demanded good attacking football above all else. gotta give avb the season at least though, be mental to fuck about now, whether he's a mistake or not, we'll all know by then and it would be fucking excellent if i get cunted off for not believing in him .

Dru said:
I don't get people moaning about the sub - the top managers do it all the time and it doesn't always end in the oppo team equalising.
In fact, the boo-birds should've been thrilled that AVB brought in "shut-out" THudd.

ArtyB said:
I know a Liverpool fan who wants Benitez back...

I know several, but then all Liverpool fans are deluded cunts anyway. They will argue till they are blue in the face that Gerrard does not carry them

Tucker said:
ArtyB said:
I know a Liverpool fan who wants Benitez back...

I know several, but then all Liverpool fans are deluded cunts anyway. They will argue till they are blue in the face that Gerrard does not carry them

Saw an ad for some show with Benitez on and they listed all the things he's won..

If I were Liverpool I'd probably want him back too...

Next the people will be getting out the bin bags. :avbfacepalm:

Seriously hate to have to do this, but last year over at Le Arse they had a bad start to the season too and people were calling for Wenger to be sacked. Where did they end up? In the easiest Champions League group of the lot. Those fucking cunts.

Why did they end up there? Because Harry fucked up at the end of last season and we only managed to finish fourth.

Now for a more positive comparison: Borussia Dortmund.

I'll spare the details of their torrid times during the beginning of this century, hampered by financial difficulties and close to doing a Leeds United, in 2008 they bring in Jürgen Klopp. Prior to this appointment he had only managed FSV Mainz 05, a tiny club who had spent most of their time in the 2. Bundesliga narrowly missing out on promotion, before finally being promoted in 2003. They managed to stay up until the 2006/07 season when they got relegated, while Klopp was their manager. He stayed for one season in the 2. Bundesliga, where again they narrowly missed out on promotion. You look at his record and to be honest, it's not great is it? But Dortmund decided this was the man they wanted. In his first season in charge he finished 6th. Missing out on the European football that the club wanted. Did they sack him? No, they backed him and his philosophy. And this has paid off big time. In his second season they finished 5th, in his third season they won the title and last season they won the title with 81 points, the first time in the 49 year history of the Bundesliga that a club managed more than 80 points and followed this up a week later by absolutely dicking on Bayern Munich in the German Cup final. (Once again that cunt Arjen Robben missed a penalty, actually he missed this penalty in the deciding match of the title race. My bad for getting it wrong, but he's still a cunt and one of the reasons we aren't in the Champions League. And you can add penalty miss Messi to that list too.)

Unless you do a Man City or Chelsea and chuck money around you don't get instant success, managers need time to build their teams. Ferguson didn't win the league immediately, but if you listened to the Sky pundits and read the newspapers you'd think this guy has never lost a game while managing United.

People who are calling for AVB out just make me :parker:

But if :levystare: does decide to sack :avbshit: then he better fucking replace him with the only man good enough for our club: :chicco:

tumblr_m914kaF4TQ1qbkin0o1_400.gif

I know a Liverpool fan that wants Kenny back!!

I really, really struggle with the mentality of a fan who wants the manager sacked less than 24 hours after he secured his new signings, but apparently starting Livermore over Dembele is a sackable offence to some people, regardless of any reasoning behind it!

Back
Top Bottom