AVB - A reminder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the moment it looked like Harry might go I was desperate for us to get this guy. I want him to be the manager for 20-30 years! I hear a lot of bollocks about how easy it is to manage a team like Porto in portugal, but I don't think people realise quite how succesful he was.

At age 16 convinced Bobby Robson to give him a job
At age 21 International manager of British Virgin Islands
Youngest manager ever to win a European trophy
Second manager ever to manage a portuguese team to the league unbeaten
His Porto team conceded only 13 goals in that season and won by more than 20 points
Chelsea paid £13 million to activate his release clause

Have faith this guy is seriously the bollocks! :avblol:

I just think lots of people will not swallow a transitional season. Hopefully Daniel Levy will - he should be prepared for it since he brought in AVB.

Blanchflower said:
Thelonious said:
None of those points will convert the non-believers tbh.

Are there really people unwilling to give him at least a bit of a chance?

I think some people look at his Chelsea days, never wanted him at all, and then we start the season like this. From their point of view, why would they give him a chance?

They dislike him, dont think he's good enough and dont like the way we are playing. Its not right to get on his back, but alot of people should at the very least understand where these fans are coming from;

Blanchflower said:
Thelonious said:

Take a glance at some of the comments on Spooky's last post on DML, if you have the stomach. Shameful stuff being said. It looks like RAWK. Just awful. So many idiots in the fan base.

If those unwilling to give AVB a chance thought about it... over the summer we've lost 1) our manager of 3.5 yrs, 2) our talisman & captain :ledley: , 3) our most creative midfielder, and 4) one of the most prominent senior members of our squad, also a big crowd favourite. Throw in 5) the fact that :adestare: wasn't with us for most of the pre-season too. AVB was only responsible for one of those decisions (rafa?), but they're not willing to give him the time to work with his squad - no wonder that AVB is all :avbfacepalm: and :avbshock:

Still, most of those booing/anti-AVB probably can't count to 5 anyway, so wouldn't appreciate that it might actually take some time to work his magic. Once :baletroll: :dembele: :dempsey: :sigg: :adegrin: get some time together and start to gel, the goals will be flying in :gazza2: :coys:

Don't think he was even responsible for Rafa either. The man wanted to go home to be with his family. Can't blame him or our management.

Also I want to give the lot of you a giant hug. All of this anti-AVB shit the last two weeks and the booing has been a positive. It's made me love AVB that much more. Shit I even defended Jenas. ARE YOU HAPPY BOO BIRDS?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AVB-Out-and-Harry-to-come-back/110523209097449
don-draper-disgusted-face.jpg

JDK said:
Blanchflower said:
Thelonious said:

Take a glance at some of the comments on Spooky's last post on DML, if you have the stomach. Shameful stuff being said. It looks like RAWK. Just awful. So many idiots in the fan base.

Again, I see nothing different to last year. Why is everybody so angry now?

We have people calling Spurs fans "cunts" and "glory hunters" who "demand success, and want too much".....yet some of those people were acting the same way last year, but that was ok. Because in their opinion, they were right.

Im behind AVB for the long run, not November, not one season, but until we see his final product, and what he is trying to achieve.

Its going to be tough, and long, and there will be many heated arguments with people who want his head on a stick. But right now, I do understand some of the anti feeling, or at least why they feel that way.

This super fan attitude (not you, and certainly not everyone) is more sickening to be honest than the boo boys anger, considering how people were behaving last year. This was the norm, or has everyone forgotten?

The reason why I "booed" Harry and not AVB has to do, simply, with sample size. There's your fundamental difference between last year and this. Last spring was déjà vu of the spring before. AVB has no similar history at Spurs on which to fall.

Then again, I wanted Harry gone and AVB in 14 months ago...

Éperons said:
The reason why I "booed" Harry and not AVB has to do, simply, with sample size. There's your fundamental difference between last year and this. Last spring was déjà vu of the spring before. AVB has no similar history at Spurs on which to fall.

Then again, I wanted Harry gone and AVB in 14 months ago...

I didnt have a problem with people wanting Harry gone, I had alot of reservations too (which were largely ignored as the lynch-mob accused anyone defending him a "Harry Lover", which was responded with everyone with concerns about him being labelled a "Harry-Hater"....Unfortunately 3 games in, and we are well on the way to that that road again)

It was the intolerable, vile and downright disgusting venom being spat at him, for no reason, and then justified by the fact he talks in the press too much, and wanted the England job. Some of these people want Berbatov back, and have love for Modric by the way.

Wheres the consistency in peoples values?

You say the "Harry Out" thing was different because of the de ja vu, but thats just your own justification. It wasnt a reason for the level of vitriol and hate aimed at him.

Regarding AVB, I dont agree with the boo boys, but I dont think its any different just because he's new. These are people that never rated him, and didnt want him. In their eyes, he's sold Modric and VDV, and is not playing the right players in the right formations, and our football is looking woeful.

There is actually truth in that, which is why I understand where the anger comes from. But its a bit rich for people who did the same thing, and worse last year, to start calling these fans cunts, and talking about loving the shirt etc.

Last year they claimed "I love the shirt and support the club....I just despise the manager"........Pot, Kettle etc etc

I think this is where the expression "knee-jerk" comes into play?

I haven't read the AVB vitriol simply because I can't be arsed. I already had a friend at a bar drunkenly yell at me that AVB was going to sell Parker before the deadline, and I'm not interested in reading that kind of nonsense. So instead, I changed the subject to Assange. :harryfacepalm:

I might be wrong, but I think even the biggest Harry slaters grant that he did something useful at Spurs, even if it's "just" taking a good, Jol-built team and giving them their mojo back. I'll give Harry a bit more credit than that, of course.

Yet the AVBout crowd seems to, from your description, have nothing whatsoever positive to say about AVB. To me, that's simply unhinged.

I wanted Redknapp out in the end, despite having supported him since he came in. The reason was that he had made it clear he wanted to jump ship, stepped up the self serving deflections, whether that meant disparaging the players' intelligence or fanbase's intelligence, and had, IMO, abandoned the club's season as if our success was no longer important since he no longer needed a reference for his new employer.

I think there is a big difference between that situation and AVB having managed three games.

However, I do agree with you on a couple of things Sammy, some of the vitriol aimed at Redknapp was excessive. But similarly, anyone calling for AVB to be sacked is clearly taking it too far.

Anyway, can we make a distinction please. Debating online is different to booing the team in our stadium. I think that's when you truly are acting like a proper cunt.

how people can honestly boo and knee jerk this much after 3 games i'll never know. Heard some twattish comments flying around online and at the West Brom game. We have the wheels in motion now to start something new and exciting under AVB. Those fans that aren't willing to support him and are expecting instant success are no better then chelsea fans in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom