Astropay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just started the Spurs Astropay card. Received my TFL spending back the next day and it promises 20% off food and drink in the ground. Seems to work just like an Oyster card. Anyone using it and have any other comments?

Just started the Spurs Astropay card. Received my TFL spending back the next day and it promises 20% off food and drink in the ground. Seems to work just like an Oyster card. Anyone using it and have any other comments?
"On signing up for a prepaid card, fans will instantly receive a 20 per cent discount to use in the Spurs Shop (online and in-store)". Sounds interesting. What's the catch? Is it a single-use 20% voucher or something?

I might get it to use on food and drink in the ground. However, when you get the 20% is a bit vague, which kind of puts me off.
Sounds too good to be true TBH. I can’t believe it’s a blanket 20% discount on F&B. It also mentions the discount in the club shop, which sounds very unlike Danny boy.

Is it owned by a Nigerian prince?

Sounds too good to be true TBH. I can’t believe it’s a blanket 20% discount on F&B. It also mentions the discount in the club shop, which sounds very unlike Danny boy.

Is it owned by a Nigerian prince?
yes, just send me your banking deets and I will not only set it up for you but get you an extra 10%

money-nigerian.gif

Last edited:
Been using it since the Burnley game and it's been pretty good, barring one slip on paying cashback.

The 20% on food and drink works and that does take the price of it all down, but you only get a maximum of £10 back per month on this promotion, so after the first £50 spent it stops, So you can easily use the full allowance pretty quickly after a couple of games.

The same applies to travel, you get the money back but the maximum is £12 per month, so it will cover some of your costs but not necessarily all of them.

The deal runs until the end of March - so not sure if it's going to be a long running deal but so far it's definitely saved me money. My theory is that they will offer some kind of renewal deal on season tickets or OH memberships after March.

Astropay were pretty bad when I needed them to respond when I wanted the train money back though on the first time I used it, in fairness everything else has worked properly. The bad side is that when there's an issue there is no phone number, the web chat didn't respond and I had to send a contact form, which took over 2 weeks for them to reply to, but ultimately, it was only a tenner I was chasing and it got paid back.

I would recommend it though, it does work, but I only use it for going to the match, not sure I trust it on bigger purchases quite yet.

Been using it since the Burnley game and it's been pretty good, barring one slip on paying cashback.

The 20% on food and drink works and that does take the price of it all down, but you only get a maximum of £10 back per month on this promotion, so after the first £50 spent it stops, So you can easily use the full allowance pretty quickly after a couple of games.

The same applies to travel, you get the money back but the maximum is £12 per month, so it will cover some of your costs but not necessarily all of them.

The deal runs until the end of March - so not sure if it's going to be a long running deal but so far it's definitely saved me money. My theory is that they will offer some kind of renewal deal on season tickets or OH memberships after March.

Astropay were pretty bad when I needed them to respond when I wanted the train money back though on the first time I used it, in fairness everything else has worked properly. The bad side is that when there's an issue there is no phone number, the web chat didn't respond and I had to send a contact form, which took over 2 weeks for them to reply to, but ultimately, it was only a tenner I was chasing and it got paid back.

I would recommend it though, it does work, but I only use it for going to the match, not sure I trust it on bigger purchases quite yet.
Ah so that's it - max £10 per month discount. I spend £40-50 per match and definitely over £50 per month, so I reckon I'd save £90 over a season. That's better than a poke in the eye I so I thought I may as well sign up. And then I read TrustPilot reviews and decided not to bother.

Regarding bigger purchases I would definitely recommend against it, the main reason being that you would not have recourse to Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if anything went wrong with a purchase. Stick to credit cards for anything over £100.

Been using Astro since the Everton home match. 20% off food and drinks in the stadium when brought with Astro.
You get 100% cash back when using TFL up to £12 on match days too, although I’ve not actually used it on the trains so I’m not 100% how that works.
Worth getting imo

Did anyone use the Astropay on Saturday for the Wolves game ? I dont seem to have had any cashback for the purchase at a bar in the ground.

I did contact them and ask when the cashback would show and got this response.

"Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to check this further, Could you please provide us with the promotion banner that you questioned?

Regards,"

Did anyone use the Astropay on Saturday for the Wolves game ? I dont seem to have had any cashback for the purchase at a bar in the ground.

I did contact them and ask when the cashback would show and got this response.

"Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to check this further, Could you please provide us with the promotion banner that you questioned?

Regards,"

I looked at the terms and conditions and apparently it is only for the first 2000 registered users. It could well be the case that has been met

If you use Ctrl+F and look for Spurs you can see the various offers.

They have replied to me and said it is only valid for the Spurs Restaurant.

"Thanks for writing back!

Please note that the cashback applies for purchases at the Spurs restaurant."

I have asked them to specify which of the hundred outlets is classed as the Spurs restaurant. :roflmao:

Ah, so the 20% discount is for a limited period and is limited to the first 2,000 applicants anyway.

Are there any other benefits to it all all if you don't qualify for the F&B discount?

Last edited:
They have replied to me and said it is only valid for the Spurs Restaurant.

"Thanks for writing back!

Please note that the cashback applies for purchases at the Spurs restaurant."

I have asked them to specify which of the hundred outlets is classed as the Spurs restaurant. :roflmao:
I bet it's only valid in Danny's private restaurant. :levylol:

I looked at the terms and conditions and apparently it is only for the first 2000 registered users. It could well be the case that has been met

If you use Ctrl+F and look for Spurs you can see the various offers.

It's only valid on certain dates then: 1 December 2023, 5 January 2024,
30 January 2024, 10 February 2024, 17 February 2024, 2 March 2024 and 30 March
2024 (the “Promotion Dates”)

And on two of those dates there weren't even matches due to TV changes.

Back
Top Bottom