Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur (26 dec 2012)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually think Ade is working quite hard, as I believe he often does.

However, when he's working the channels and wings, keeping possession and laying the ball back to Walker or Lennon, he's not in the middle to get his head on the cross. Pointless knocking in high crosses for Defoe, we need Ade in the middle, not out wide.

Overall though, fuck knows why we aren't several up by now. Villa are shocking.

Bale and Vertonghen playing well

Sandro and Dembele ok

Lennon, Defoe, Gallas indifferent / slightly out of the game

Adebayor, Naughton and Walker have been poor

Lloris has been a spectator

Sigurdsson isn't the answer IMV

I would take Gallas off, drop Sandro back, and move Lennon inside, and put Townsend on wide right

Its a lack of penetrative drive from central midfield that we are suffering from, although Ade has been poor, and it is a bad sign when he is knocking the ball back to our keeper, in our half - thats not his role.

Dembele is causing a traffic jam on the left - he needs to move more central and run directly at the back line

This game reminds me of the same fixture from last season. Knocked on their door for the whole game and destroyed them even when we had ten men - but we only scored from a penalty and let one in from a deflected shot (one of about three they had on goal for the whole game).

Were getting into good areas, just need some better service and movement from the front two. If that doesn't happen, then we should think about subbing one 10/15 minutes into the second half.

Sigurdsson isn't the answer IMV

I would take Gallas off, drop Sandro back, and move Lennon inside, and put Townsend on wide right

Its a lack of penetrative drive from central midfield that we are suffering from, although Ade has been poor, and it is a bad sign when he is knocking the ball back to our keeper, in our half - thats not his role.

Dembele is causing a traffic jam on the left - he needs to move more central and run directly at the back line
Have you ever seen Sandro play at Center back? And lennon on the inside......

This isn't football manager

I swear to God, if we don't win this, there IS no God! But first I have to start believing in the fucker, THEN I can renounce my belief in him!

It was so obvious they were gonna start this half like a tomcat during mating season ... just hope we don't pay for our first half profligacy

This isn't championship manager mate. :king: Why should we drop arguably our best central midfielder back into defence, where he would get less touches of the ball?

no shit, thanks for pointing that out, I only started watching football on Christmas eve.
:)

Gallas is superfluous and is likely to get caught out on a break, less likely to happen with Sandro - who can defend and move up to cover Lennon. We are lacking creativity, and Lennon running at speed through central midfield will put the impetus into the team. He is also a bloody good defensive midfielder.

Sandro doesn't have his attacking threat or his creative abilities.

no shit, thanks for pointing that out, I only started watching football on Christmas eve.
:)

Gallas is superfluous and is likely to get caught out on a break, less likely to happen with Sandro - who can defend and move up to cover Lennon. We are lacking creativity, and Lennon running at speed through central midfield will put the impetus into the team. He is also a bloody good defensive midfielder.

Sandro doesn't have his attacking threat or his creative abilities.

Superfluous

being more than is sufficient or required; excessive.
unnecessary or needless.

Fail to see how either of those definitions apply to Gallas ...

Back
Top Bottom