Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur (26 dec 2012)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That could also have something to do with Villas-Boas managing instead of Harry. There seems to be so much more movement up from with Ade especially going out wide more often. It has opened up a ton of space Bale to exploit like he did today. The players have said that AVB has emphasized tactics much more than Harry did and maybe its starting to pay off.
Exactly what I was inferring.

Adebayor naturally prefers to drift into open space, but there wasn't any rhyme or reason under Redknapp's FRAAB system. With a bit more focus and structure we're apt to see a slightly more productive system with a roaming Bale.

tumblr_mfnn7mTKAQ1rweizno1_400.gif

tumblr_mfnmpy8gdx1rn7qago1_400.gif

tumblr_mfnp79IUjt1rdg4zpo1_400.gif

'A' for Adam. My middle name. Merry Christmas to you too Gareth

LOLZ.........nice billy madison quote

Either way

Defoe is as one dimensional as it gets, but is a clinical finisher

Ade is great at holding ..........bollocks at finishing and creating chances

Bale is great at both

Replace one with Bale........i think we would see more goals

But by drifting in he lost his marker and thus had the chance to score the goals. If he starts in the middle, then there's a guy there who knows that Bale is his man to mark and he wouldn't have the space.

What works best is flexibility during the 90 minutes, as we saw today.

I think it would work.........would be an interesting proposition

Home from Villa. No detailed analysis from me as you all do that before I get here :adegrin:

Quality to see 4 goals!

Thought the atmosphere was poor but I'm hearing we came across well on TV, which is good!

I'll be there on Saturday so bring on Sunderland! COYS

LOLZ.........nice billy madison quote

Either way

Defoe is as one dimensional as it gets, but is a clinical finisher

Ade is great at holding ..........bollocks at finishing and creating chances

Bale is great at both

Replace one with Bale........i think we would see more goals

have you seen his first touch this season? Unless the ball is tapped to him from 2 yards he doesn't get a chance to hold on to the ball.

I said last week that once we score the first goal against teams who sit very deep and defend at all costs we are excellent at counter attacking and ripping into them. Point proven today. Lambert looked embarrassed a the overwhelmingness of our attack and look to attack a bit more himself which played right into our hands. A team like Stoke however are set out from the strikers to the defenders to the fans to the tea lady to defend at all costs and unashamedly take a draw by sticking ten men behind the ball all game.

Our away form as a result this year has been excellent, but we need a Rafa type player to break em down at home. Siggy could be that player

First ever away game - absolutely brilliant. Analysis done to death & felt that we were always on top - felt at times that we could go behind but it never felt like we'd have trouble pulling them back.

Also, I was on MotD! I got a picture on my phone of me in shot with JD and Gareth.

All in all, I believe in Christmas again.

have you seen his first touch this season? Unless the ball is tapped to him from 2 yards he doesn't get a chance to hold on to the ball.
Sorry, I disagree. I've always been critical of Adebayor's finishing, but your wholesale criticism of Adebayor is so thorough that you discredit yourself.

He was quality for us last year. Anyone that discredits that really shouldn't be listened to.

Back
Top Bottom