Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It looks to me like over the last 2 matches we are being a bit more patient in our build up and exerting a bit more control which is what I asked for. This has led to reducing the turnovers and the opposition not getting many attacks on our goal, if you've noticed over the last two matches Vicario hasn't been as busy as he previously was.

This is a good strategy against bus parkers because as we've seen over the last 2 games you can't keep up parking the bus and containing for 90 mins, you get tired chasing the ball and staying in shape, looks like we've found a way to counter that tactic.

The media don't win games of football. They can and do help accelerate the process of a manager getting sacked or create narratives that keep them in a job. They can and do create narratives around players that create reputations which influence officials. They also amplify narratives and superstitions about clubs that fliter into the fans.

Ultimately if the manager and players are good enough mentally and on the pitch they can't do anything but are you honestly trying the media have no impact on football?

OK but explain to how that has happened, specifically between Us and Woolwich the last 5 years. where they have finished above us one time.

Surely then you must accept that AFTV undid all the good work any one in the main stream media did which is why they were such a laughing stock for so many years towards the end of the wenger years and up till last season?

The media don't win games of football. They can and do help accelerate the process of a manager getting sacked or create narratives that keep them in a job. They can and do create narratives around players that create reputations which influence officials. They also amplify narratives and superstitions about clubs that fliter into the fans.

Ultimately if the manager and players are good enough mentally and on the pitch they can't do anything but are you honestly trying the media have no impact on football?

If that's the case then why aren't Liverpool getting every decision go their way then?

It looks to me like over the last 2 matches we are being a bit more patient in our build up and exerting a bit more control which is what I asked for. This has led to reducing the turnovers and the opposition not getting many attacks on our goal, if you've noticed over the last two matches Vicario hasn't been as busy as he previously was.

This is a good strategy against bus parkers because as we've seen over the last 2 games you can't keep up parking the bus and containing for 90 mins, you get tired chasing the ball and staying in shape, looks like we've found a way to counter that tactic.

That can't be right.

We were told Ange can't adapt?

OK but explain to how that has happened, specifically between Us and Woolwich the last 5 years. where they have finished above us one time.

Surely then you must accept that AFTV undid all the good work any one in the main stream media did which is why they were such a laughing stock for so many years towards the end of the wenger years and up till last season?

What is it that you understand I am saying?

View: https://x.com/thespursweb/status/1766896234332098872?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Watkins talking about the way our players kicked off for the McGinn hack and forced the official to pull the red.

Have been saying we are soft on things like this for weeks. Finally saw the right amount of nasty in our team. Credit Johnson who was first at it in McGinn but also Maddison who was already kicking off with Luiz earlier in the game. No ref wants a brawl on their watch, they are judged on controlling the game.

Totally agree. Johnson will eventually be a leader in this tean. It will take time but keep seeing a little more each time I see him. High hopes

I think the clean sheet can't be underestimated enough... even when Mickey went off.

Villa have scored in EVERY home match since October 2022... That's coming up for a year and a half! (16 months in terms of football played!)

That's INCREDIBLE!!

...and the fact we put FOUR past them... (That's only 1 & 2 less than the Arse scored against relegation certainties Burnley & Sheffield Utd... and everyone is wanking on about them as TITLE contenders!) is equally as impressive!

Sure but it was far from boring for me anyways. I found it incredibly engaging and loved the way we defended during their 15 mins of dominance and wrestled control.of the game back from them.
The difference between the first half at Villa and the first half against Palace, was there was actually less chance to attack Villa.
With Palace, we could easily have opened them up, multiple times, if we actually tried. That's why that was so boring and frustrating.

Quite amusing one or two pundits mentioning the midweek game at Ajax as if they had been to Azerbaijan. To change your system in a home game against your biggest champ lge rivals was surprisings
They will miss McGinn badly he is the heartbeat of their team. Our games v the top 3 will give us a good idea where we are , and what we need to have a good go next season.
Now is the time Daniel.

Emery: "We lost so, so easily in the second half, conceding two goals and [we lost] our moment to take the game on calmly, by playing and trying to come back to get a result. The red card changed the match completely.”

Personally I'd say it was going down 0-2 before the red card is what changed the match completely.

Totally agree. Johnson will eventually be a leader in this tean. It will take time but keep seeing a little more each time I see him. High hopes

All the doubts he had are fading quick and you can see that extra confidence in his eyes.

For good reason too. Every single game he’s in good positions to score or assist. The system is clicking in his head and the game is slowing down and getting easier. Field of vision wider as he relaxes as well, seeing the play before the play like the Werner assist after Sons movement

I think the clean sheet can't be underestimated enough... even when Mickey went off.

Villa have scored in EVERY home match since October 2022... That's coming up for a year and a half! (16 months in terms of football played!)

That's INCREDIBLE!!

...and the fact we put FOUR past them... (That's only 1 & 2 less than the Arse scored against relegation certainties Burnley & Sheffield Utd... and everyone is wanking on about them as TITLE contenders!) is equally as impressive!
Its not incredible when you were irrationally scared of them on Friday . I said we would beat them. Did you actually watch the win the 'mighty ' Villa pulled at the Lane? We were playing them with Royal Davis Hojbjerg and the lesser spotted Bryan Gill. Half our team was in Africa and the Skipper was in Asia. They still got battered and fluked a one goal win. It was such a heist Thomas Crown was impressed. I could not understand the terror some held of them.

Back
Top Bottom