Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(little drunk so excuse random stuff)
Just finished watching the game. I was stupid and thought it started at 1am AEST instead of 12am. At least I got to watch it from the start and could skip half time.

We were so good throughout... well part from not shooting in the first half.

Scoring two quickfire goals has to be one of the best feelings in the game. And it happened TWICE! You're still on a high after the first goal and then BAM another one! My knee hates me but it was well worth it (kneed the desk after second goal).

Saar's ball in to Maddison was absolutely sublime! The finish was good too.

The Son to Johnson goal; great finish again. In real time I actually thought it was Johnson passing to Son for some reason.

Speaking of Son, I love the man (I know I'm not the only one). He doesn't excite me like prime Bale but there's just something about him that just cries Spurs. He's possibly my favourite player of all time. Goal and two assists. Our Captain!
Also so happy for Timo!

I don't hate McGinn. He's shit but he always plays with his heart. Udogie is fine so no harm done. And had to laugh when Bentancur took Cash out!

OMG i loved the "Are you West Ham in disguise?" I was delirious at that point. Best part is West Ham are losing 2-1 at home to fkn Burnley!

Edit: of cause west ham jsut score as I type this
Cracking post!

Anyone still think Bentancur should be starting over Sarr? I ask because I genuinely think behind Son he's our most important player. In transition he makes us so much better. It will be him and Udogie the big boys will covet .
Thought destiny was immense and Sarr not for the first time comes out 2nd have with rocket fuel. As he gets older his performance levels will become elite and consisten. We defo need his energy in their he great movement. His not too bad on the ball either. Let the other midfielders fight out for two spots. Or drop kulu and play MADDs further up front.

It's unlikely. He's 121 behind with 10 games of this season remaining.

What's more likely at this stage, Son catching Kane or Kane catching Shearer?

🤣
I'd say Kane catching Shearer. He could always move from Bayern to United or Newcastle (not going to think about other moves that might be on the table). He needs 47 goals, which towards the end of his career is probably 3-4 seasons. Even if it's at the very end and he's getting penalties for Fulham, I feel like he'll be back to collect that record.

So who's gonna complain about what after the game?
Levy.

Buster Keaton The Blacksmith GIF by Maudit

Didn't see that result coming before the match.
Though Emery was being tactical with that all our defence but it seems villa were /are absolutely spent. That garbage European thing has caught up with them
Funny thing is, there's you (rightly) saying this, yet others are moaning some of us are happy not being in it.

The ropey and paint trophy leagues are fucking awful. West Ham nearly got drawn into a genuine relegation battle last year and have been wobbling this, Villa and Brighton have tailed off as the games add up.

But we're gathering pace.
Not a coincidence at all IMO

Back
Top Bottom