Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was pretty decent to be fair. We have been poor in first half for some time.
We definitely need an upgrade on Kulu, or the Kulu of 2 years ago. Maddison hasn't been the same since his injury but there's some good signs there.

Good 2nd half please. đź‘Ť

Unfortunately, Bissouma looks to be a very inconsistent player. He had a good first 8 games & has pretty much done nothing since. We really need to bring in a top quality number 6 on the summer

Porro, Biss & Kulu are clear weak links in this team in my humble opinion. And I ain't just talking about this game.

Udo and Madders don't do enough either...the latter should stop contesting every ref decision & focus on creating something, anything.

Son too much of a passenger.

Rubbish.

Villa played on Thursday and are containing us really easily.

We don't look like scoring.

I would take Maddison off for Lo Celso.

Loads of ball, in control mostly but everything breaks down when we get to their box. Familiar story.

Timo unlucky to be dropped after the last game, Johnson and Kulus final ball has been shite and Son has had a bumble day so far. Mad still doesn't look right to me.

We're a better side than Villa and I'll be super pissed if we lose today but I'd take Watkins and Bailey over Son (as a centre forward) and Kulu.

Not sure what role Kulu is playing at times. I'm really baffled by him sometimes.

I like him more than most but I think we really miss someone with pace in that position on the right. I think he will be better suited as a backup to Maddison centrally in the future. He can just be so slow in everything he does at times.

Villa are a seize of the mistakes team. They have no real guile or imagination. We need to be more incisive. Maddision needs to step up. Part of me thinks hes too cosy in his position. Need to wind up mcginn as well. Red card waiting to happen that bloke.

Romero started well but fell off as the game went on, that last pass was almost suicidal. BJ has been our biggest threat this half, Deki and Son almost inexistent. Really positive showing from Bissouma as well. Madders less so. Don't know why we're not targeting runs on Lenglet as well, we all know Sonny eats him alive in a pace race.

I hope the players don't say they are playing the Ange way already, because Ange way is not just defending with a high line. Ange way doesn't pass sideways or backwards.

Safe passes will bring us nowhere, so every thing looks like Conte ball with Ange ball defence, and that will kill us if we concede.

Porro, Biss & Kulu are clear weak links in this team in my humble opinion. And I ain't just talking about this game.

Udo and Madders don't do enough either...the latter should stop contesting every ref decision & focus on creating something, anything.

Son too much of a passenger.
Surprised to see Porro included here.

Madison has been average as well. As much of an argument to hook him, move Kulu inside, Werner left and Johnson right

Johnson is playing well and by far our biggest threat.
Mate,watch how many times madders makes runs in behind when there’s space to make the pass and we don’t do it. We need a fucking player that can pass further than 10 yards.

Johnson really bright but need more of an end product.

Sonny making great runs too but they are getting ignored.

Deki might as well be in the house.

Our slackness from Romero and Biss gave them a wee lift but they haven’t threatened at all from general play.

VDV is the best defender I’ve seen in years.

Similar patter from previous games which we’ve went on to win so still positive we will win.

Back
Top Bottom