As I said, our defence is in tatters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, what can I say? Our defence is indeed in tatters, and the sound of pennies dropping on other forums will doubtless be deafening as they contain the worst of the 'la la landers' with their Kaboul and Vertonghen all is well 'first XIs.' I can also smell the coffee as people begin to wake up. But I don't expect to hear the rustle of hands being held up to acknowldege how wrong so many people have been. Not the way of forumites I'm afraid.

I note incidentally the key reason a team newly promoted from the French second division is able to buy the likes of Falcao and Moutinho is because they are backed by a billionaire benefactor.

But of course most Spurs fans don't want that. They're happy to miss out on players of that calibre (not that I expected us ever to get Falcao under our current regime, despite so many spurs fans thinking we had a chance over the last couple of years).

So one Lge Cup in 13 years it is, and will it get significantly better? I'm not holding my breath.:)

Well, what can I say? Our defence is indeed in tatters, and the sound of pennies dropping on other forums will doubtless be deafening as they contain the worst of the 'la la landers' with their Kaboul and Vertonghen all is well 'first XIs.' I can also smell the coffee as people begin to wake up. But I don't expect to hear the rustle of hands being held up to acknowldege how wrong so many people have been. Not the way of forumites I'm afraid.

I note incidentally the key reason a team newly promoted from the French second division is able to buy the likes of Falcao and Moutinho is because they are backed by a billionaire benefactor.

But of course most Spurs fans don't want that. They're happy to miss out on players of that calibre (not that I expected us ever to get Falcao under our current regime, despite so many spurs fans thinking we had a chance over the last couple of years).

So one Lge Cup in 13 years it is, and will it get significantly better? I'm not holding my breath.:)

You smell like potpourri

how i imagine people getting all worried over pre season freindly performace
tumblr_li2p8vpB9e1qh60c8o1_500.gif

Can_t+Tell+if+Trolling.jpg

Some people on this forum are the most reactionary, media-led, over the top worriers I've even seen.
If we start the season with that defence I'll join you and congratulate you for your hindsight but I doubt very much that's going to happen. We don't turn out against Palace for another fortnight FFS. One or more of Dawson, Kaboul or Vertongen will likely be back and we'll likely have another CB in to partner them - I accept it's still not ideal but 7 days ago we had two less injuries in defence, so give the club a chance for FFS.

People didn't believe me, I even got a neg rep for telling the truth, so what's new.:)
Before we sold Caulker, it was threadbare as I said, now it's in tatters.
Title challengers, yeah right.

Kaboul and Sandro in our 'first XI', don't think so at Palace, nor v Swansea or Woolwich.

I'm just praying that Daws is being kept back, cos if he's injured, then it's looking like embarrassment at Selhurst.

Kill yourself. Just not under the tube and make me late or I'll kill your miserable ghost.

Some people on this forum are the most reactionary, media-led, over the top worriers I've even seen.
If we start the season with that defence I'll join you and congratulate you for your hindsight but I doubt very much that's going to happen. We don't turn out against Palace for another fortnight FFS. One or more of Dawson, Kaboul or Vertongen will likely be back and we'll likely have another CB in to partner them - I accept it's still not ideal but 7 days ago we had two less injuries in defence, so give the club a chance for FFS.
It's not hindsight, it's foresight, something so many of the 'la la landers' don't possess.

I know I'm right about this, and when one of Kab or JV don't line up against Palace that will show I'm right.

And all this nonsense about about Spurs fans being our 'own',as I read in the ticket thread, so much romanticism, the amount of vitriol one spurs fan will hurl at another shows that any talk of such unity is completely wrong.

Last edited:
Wow, no wonder we get all this "get along gang" shit. Why have you dumped on this guy so much?

I am not convinced by the argument that the defence is in tatters, but there is certainly a debate to be had that with Caulker gone, Walker sometimes being wobbly, Vertonghen out and Kaboul not yet ready, that there may be a problem.

Since when did it become a crime to offer such an opinion??? Not getting the huge dumping of neg reps on this guy.

I dunno what this place is becoming, but it's weird. :(

Perhaps I'm reading this all wrong through the interweb filter, but I get the sense that greaves357 would derive more satisfaction from being proven right, if we start out short on defenders and have a mare against Palace, than from a win off the blocks with the team managing to get 2 proper CBs in place:balesnarl:

Wow, no wonder we get all this "get along gang" shit. Why have you dumped on this guy so much?

I am not convinced by the argument that the defence is in tatters, but there is certainly a debate to be had that with Caulker gone, Walker sometimes being wobbly, Vertonghen out and Kaboul not yet ready, that there may be a problem.

Since when did it become a crime to offer such an opinion??? Not getting the huge dumping of neg reps on this guy.

I dunno what this place is becoming, but it's weird. :(
Greaves is getting the neg reps because he is saying the same thing over and over again in almost every thread, even if it doesn't have to do with the thread. He seems to have some idea that we all hate "OUR CAPTAIN" Dawson when we don't put him in our best 11 lineups over Kaboul or Vertonghen. I love Dawson but, when fit, Kaboul is better than him.

And I don't think our defense is in tatters. Sure with the Caulker sale, its a little thin at the moment, but nobody could've anticipated that Vertonghen and Dawson would be both out right now and that Kaboul would still be having problems. If things would've worked out, we would have Chiriches right now, but their dumbass owner is said to have blocked his move from jail. I still think that we'll get him soon and our defense looks solid if we do get him. Dawson will back, Vertonghen will be back within the first couple weeks, and then we'd have Chiriches. It would be no different from last season except we'd have Gallas, but we hated him anyways, and Caulker is replaced with Chiriches.

Greaves says the same thing again and again, so fucking what. People say the sun shines out of AVB's arse time and time again and they don't get heavily shat on.

I don't agree with everything Greaves says (in fact I strongly disagree with a lot of it) but there does seem to be a clique mentality here.

Anyway Greaves, how can you say all this Caulker is shite, glad to get rid, yet still moan about our CB situation, you old grundig :chicco:

Back
Top Bottom