As I said, our defence is in tatters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People didn't believe me, I even got a neg rep for telling the truth, so what's new.:)
Before we sold Caulker, it was threadbare as I said, now it's in tatters.
Title challengers, yeah right.

Kaboul and Sandro in our 'first XI', don't think so at Palace, nor v Swansea or Woolwich.

I'm just praying that Daws is being kept back, cos if he's injured, then it's looking like embarrassment at Selhurst.
chill-out-slut.jpg

Some people on this forum are the most reactionary, media-led, over the top worriers I've even seen.
If we start the season with that defence I'll join you and congratulate you for your hindsight but I doubt very much that's going to happen. We don't turn out against Palace for another fortnight FFS. One or more of Dawson, Kaboul or Vertongen will likely be back and we'll likely have another CB in to partner them - I accept it's still not ideal but 7 days ago we had two less injuries in defence, so give the club a chance for FFS.

People didn't believe me, I even got a neg rep for telling the truth, so what's new.:)

Kaboul and Sandro in our 'first XI', don't think so at Palace, nor v Swansea or Woolwich.

I'm just praying that Daws is being kept back, cos if he's injured, then it's looking like embarrassment at Selhurst.

Kill yourself. Just not under the tube and make me late or I'll kill your miserable ghost.

Wow, no wonder we get all this "get along gang" shit. Why have you dumped on this guy so much?

I am not convinced by the argument that the defence is in tatters, but there is certainly a debate to be had that with Caulker gone, Walker sometimes being wobbly, Vertonghen out and Kaboul not yet ready, that there may be a problem.

Since when did it become a crime to offer such an opinion??? Not getting the huge dumping of neg reps on this guy.

I dunno what this place is becoming, but it's weird. :(
Greaves is getting the neg reps because he is saying the same thing over and over again in almost every thread, even if it doesn't have to do with the thread. He seems to have some idea that we all hate "OUR CAPTAIN" Dawson when we don't put him in our best 11 lineups over Kaboul or Vertonghen. I love Dawson but, when fit, Kaboul is better than him.

And I don't think our defense is in tatters. Sure with the Caulker sale, its a little thin at the moment, but nobody could've anticipated that Vertonghen and Dawson would be both out right now and that Kaboul would still be having problems. If things would've worked out, we would have Chiriches right now, but their dumbass owner is said to have blocked his move from jail. I still think that we'll get him soon and our defense looks solid if we do get him. Dawson will back, Vertonghen will be back within the first couple weeks, and then we'd have Chiriches. It would be no different from last season except we'd have Gallas, but we hated him anyways, and Caulker is replaced with Chiriches.

@ greaves357
You claim that people hate on Dawson - I have never seen anyone hate on Dawson. If your perceived "hate" is not including him in your "starting XI" then that's bullshit. Going into this season I don't think many people will have Siggy, one of Chaldi or Lennon, Holtby, one of BAE or Rose, and many others in their "starting XI." What has separated Spurs from City or Chelsea or primarily United in recent years is that they have a much, much deeper squad. Maybe our "starting XI" was close to as good as theirs, but their "second XI" would be much better. This year might be an exception, because we could have a player of Dawson or Kaboul's ability in the "second XI." To play 38 games of the PL and to play in various cups all going through the same time period your going to need more players than just a "starting XI" and more players than a "second XI" also.

We're not the only team to get injuries fella, the problem is our transfer policies

Bad mood today CB? We've broken our transfer record twice already, in fact I recall you saying you'd give Levy a handjob for getting your primary target Soldado this season. What's changed?

Wow, no wonder we get all this "get along gang" shit. Why have you dumped on this guy so much?

I am not convinced by the argument that the defence is in tatters, but there is certainly a debate to be had that with Caulker gone, Walker sometimes being wobbly, Vertonghen out and Kaboul not yet ready, that there may be a problem.

Since when did it become a crime to offer such an opinion??? Not getting the huge dumping of neg reps on this guy.

I dunno what this place is becoming, but it's weird. :(

Back
Top Bottom