As I said, our defence is in tatters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ greaves357
You claim that people hate on Dawson - I have never seen anyone hate on Dawson. If your perceived "hate" is not including him in your "starting XI" then that's bullshit. Going into this season I don't think many people will have Siggy, one of Chaldi or Lennon, Holtby, one of BAE or Rose, and many others in their "starting XI." What has separated Spurs from City or Chelsea or primarily United in recent years is that they have a much, much deeper squad. Maybe our "starting XI" was close to as good as theirs, but their "second XI" would be much better. This year might be an exception, because we could have a player of Dawson or Kaboul's ability in the "second XI." To play 38 games of the PL and to play in various cups all going through the same time period your going to need more players than just a "starting XI" and more players than a "second XI" also.

I honestly didn't know that people stilled used the term "fortnight" in serious conversation.

I know it's rarely used in the US if at all but I suspect the words "tracksuit", "gear box" or "queue" are also alien to you so having a serious conversation was always a non-starter

: ostrich:

As I said in the Caulker thread, from the outside looking in it's a very strange sale. And I doubt we would have sold if we really needed him.

I've hovered over the dislike button, but mainly because I get the impression that greaves365 would get more pleasure out of Tottenham doing badly and him being proven right, than out of Tottenham winning. I sense too much of a personal agenda going on there.

I don't see how our defence is in tatters. We are one CB short and a top top left back would be a nice addition, but the only one I can think of who fills those requirements who is even slightly available is Leighton Baines, however the cost would be disproportionate to the added success he would bring.

People didn't believe me, I even got a neg rep for telling the truth, so what's new.:)
Before we sold Caulker, it was threadbare as I said, now it's in tatters.
Title challengers, yeah right.

Kaboul and Sandro in our 'first XI', don't think so at Palace, nor v Swansea or Woolwich.

I'm just praying that Daws is being kept back, cos if he's injured, then it's looking like embarrassment at Selhurst.

Sandro is a midfielder.

Lock this shit.

Perhaps I'm reading this all wrong through the interweb filter, but I get the sense that greaves357 would derive more satisfaction from being proven right, if we start out short on defenders and have a mare against Palace, than from a win off the blocks with the team managing to get 2 proper CBs in place:balesnarl:
that's exactly what the mongs that think Levy is King are saying on Twitter. Anyone that doesn't like him apparently wants to be proven right and we sell Bale and don't spend the money on replacements. Load of bullshit of course but just cos people have a different opinion it doesn't mean they want to be proven right and see our team go down the shitter.

Wow, no wonder we get all this "get along gang" shit. Why have you dumped on this guy so much?

I am not convinced by the argument that the defence is in tatters, but there is certainly a debate to be had that with Caulker gone, Walker sometimes being wobbly, Vertonghen out and Kaboul not yet ready, that there may be a problem.

Since when did it become a crime to offer such an opinion??? Not getting the huge dumping of neg reps on this guy.

I dunno what this place is becoming, but it's weird. :(

In fairness, the huge dumping of neg reps isn't one persons doing, it's a case of many like-minded people disagreeing with his opinion. I'm sure most wouldn't usually bother with the button when disagreeing, but he does have a tendency to state his opinion as, 'it's a fact because I said so', which is always likely to attract negativity.

that's exactly what the mongs that think Levy is King are saying on Twitter. Anyone that doesn't like him apparently wants to be proven right and we sell Bale and don't spend the money on replacements. Load of bullshit of course but just cos people have a different opinion it doesn't mean they want to be proven right and see our team go down the shitter.

I have no issue with differing opinions, but using "As I said" makes one come across in a certain light.

Back
Top Bottom