Are we lacking a world beater?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the scum having Ozil, Manpoo with Rvp, Scousers have Suarez and City/Chelsea with massive names, it has made me hate the sale of Bale even more. Bale was the man to turn to when everything seemed bleak, the man who could pull a rabbit out of his hat with that left foot which seems more like a magic wand the more I see his past goals. Barely a scrappy goal, more like a thunder bolt each time.
Before we signed anyone, there was no one I craved more than Soldado but as games go on he seems to be out paced and out muscled. We have a great squad however every team needs that special player..who is ours?

We have some brilliant young players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamela bag 20 goals as a 20 year old. I wouldn't be surprised to see Holtby or Eriksen light it up at the CAM role. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandro, Paulinho, or Capoue become the best CDM in the PL. Our squad has indredable potential. As others say, we probably have best squad we have had in the last 10 years, and almost all of our players are below age 27. We are going to be relying upon many guya under age 24. I wouldn't be shocked to see Eriksen/Holtby/Lamela go taking a huge step up and becoming a star.

Well, honestly can't really point it out ... yet.
But in the meantime, I sincerely believe our special ... are the 3 amigos: AVB, Baldini, and Daniel Levy
I am starting to have great faith in them; they really have done (and will continue to do) some magic!

It's going to be a long 2 weeks before I regain some faith in our club... Its true that we have the best squad we've had in a very... very long time... but the magic that has now left with the wizard... I honestly feel gutted... it does feel like we are missing that one key ingredient but who knows... maybe (hopefully) my worries will be squashed when we play norwich... not that I ever want to set us to the standards of the scum down the road... but they didn't have an "IT" player (Unless you consider the FA/Refs to be players) last year and they finished fourth... we have twice the squad and depth they had the year before... Woolwich is stronger... but not really that much stronger with Ozil... Manu clearly not as strong as last year... Chelsea is Chelsea... and Man City while stronger still have the same inconsistencies as last year only club I'm worried about is Liverpool... they're at the top of the table and Suaraz hasn't even been playing and now with their new additions at the end of the transfer table... they looked primed to tare shit up for the rest of the season... whatever... I'll cut the negativity out... we're winning the league this year:adeohshit:

At this precise moment, yes, it's not clear if we have a world beater. Then again, I'm sure no one expected Bale, when we first signed him, to become the player he is now. Hopefully, one of these many talents we've just signed will flourish and be the next superstar but in the meantime, let's believe in the TEAM.

I think AvB is looking more for a team than 1 individual , obviously only time will tell if we have world beaters in Lamela, Erikson,Paulie or Defoe & it'll be great if we do but I think Avb's philosophy is " team work "

Yellow

LOL....starting to feel like doomsday because they signed Ozil

My biggest concern is not the squad. The squad is immense.

Its AVBs tendency to stick stubbornly to formations despite it not working, like he did at Chelsea, and for periods last season. And the fact that alot of fans would rather play Soldado on his own (even though he does less than Ade ever did) than play him alongside Defoe or Ade, just feeds the nonsense.

442 is outdated....I couldnt give a fuck, because thats what we have the players for right now. People think Holtby or Eriksson will come in and fix the problem. They might, but not overnight, and then they will be written off as shit after two games by the people who are demanding they start..

This squad has enough players who will become world beater's. Paulinho tops the list for me, and Im interested to see Lamela and Townsends progress.

We've got player's like Sandro, Lloris, Dembele and Vertonghen, and people are suddenly pining about The Scum, and Liverpool...as I said, I dont think our players are our biggest issue.

Im just so cut about losing to the scum and ten days is too long of a wait to redeem ourselves. We need to win 3-0 from open play

Agreed. We need 'to be having' em at The Lane in 10 days. But lets make sure that we sing our little cotton socks off for the boys. At risk of sounding cheesey, with our squad we can make our fans and the ground world beaters.

:freundgoal:

I know we are a all a little bit squeaky bum sometimes (#spursy) but we need to get behind the team at home, especially so early in the season. Last thing we need is nervous (new) players and fans.

:soldadowatch:

We cant afford this open play thing to become a.....thing.

COYS

Agreed. We need 'to be having' em at The Lane in 10 days. But lets make sure that we sing our little cotton socks off for the boys. At risk of sounding cheesey, with our squad we can make our fans and the ground world beaters.

:freundgoal:

I know we are a all a little bit squeaky bum sometimes (#spursy) but we need to get behind the team at home, especially so early in the season. Last thing we need is nervous (new) players and fans.

:soldadowatch:

We cant afford this open play thing to become a.....thing.

COYS

We'll eventually hammer someone when it clicks into gear and the goal in 'open play' will be forgotten. We did put 8 past a poor Tiblisi side and those were all open play, we know we have the players to do it. I do feel the craft, guile and magic will mainly come from the likes of Eriksen, Lamela and to a lesser extent Holtby.

Forget the negativity about the tight result against the Goons, they were at home and they are always fired up against us, even more so with the signings and noise we had made prior to the game. Yes they have signed Ozil, but they are still very thin on the ground and a few injuries and they will be back to square one.

We have signed 7, yes 7 new players. I think once they've had a few games together I am convinced we'll come good. This time last year we had 2 points from three and it was very negative towards AVB. This year we already have 6 points from three so if we can maintain similar form across the season we should be breaking the 72 points record from last year.

Don't let one result and another teams signing get you down, lets just concentrate on what we're doing.

Was at that friendly, that place was like heaven, to be able to drink on the stadium, think I paid โ‚ฌ7 aswell. Opposite 'the wall'. Beats my trip to Colchester

Yup one of the best stadiums I've been too

Back
Top Bottom