Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't afford to underestimate Apoel. I'm not even sure I'd put in Llorente for Kane. Aurier should start considering he's ineligible for Bournemouth, Son for Alli. Sissoko should start on the basis of recent performances. If he gains some confidence I think he could play a major part for us this season

I want 9 points from 3 games but I'm a greedy Bastard.
18/6.
giphy.gif

I am currently suspecting playing back 3 with Dier in the midfield is costing us the flow of passes we used to be doing. Dier is such an anchorman, very good at covering for the back but rarely leaves his spot. Vert is suspended anyway so no burst from the back an anchorman should cover for.
What if we go 4 at the back for this.
Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Davies
Dier Sissoko
Dembele Eriksen Son
Kane

Or

Lloris
Toby Sanchez Dier
Aurier Dembele Sissoko Davies
Eriksen Son
Kane

Want the points, to take 6 from 6 would give us a chance in this group.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Winks, Nkouduo, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

They're in shit form and their main striker pulled a hamstring at the weekend. No excuses for anything but a comfortable win. I'm hoping it's settled by half time and then I can watch the Dortmund Madrid game, which has big implications for us. Dortmund lose and we'll almost certainly progress if we get anything at all from the Madrid games.

They're in shit form and their main striker pulled a hamstring at the weekend. No excuses for anything but a comfortable win. I'm hoping it's settled by half time and then I can watch the Dortmund Madrid game, which has big implications for us. Dortmund lose and we'll almost certainly progress if we get anything at all from the Madrid games.
Let's not rush ourselves into predictions like that. Even if they lose against Real Madrid and we win our game against Apoel, we still have to play Madrid twice while they play Apoel twice which should get them 6 points and we got the direct game away at Dortmund, I wouldn't call that certain yet.

What I want to see:

[formation=3421, Lloris, Toby, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Aurier, Sissoko, Dier, Son, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

What I think we'll see:

[formation=433, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Winks (Dembele if fit), Dier, Sissoko, Son, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Should be comfortable but we should still be ready.

Lloris
Toby Sanchez Foyth
Aurier Dembele Winks Davies
Eriksen Son
Kane

Vorm, Llorente, Trippier, KWP, Dier, GKN, Sissoko.

I'd rather start with a back 4 with Dier as a DM and then have him drop back into a back 3 if needed, but Poch seems pretty committed to a back 3 right now. Also think that Trippier would have started it Aurier hadn't seen red, but now they will swap. Hoping for a professional 0-2 win.
[formation=3421, Lloris, Dier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies, Aurier, Dembele, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom