Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation="433, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Kane, Son"]
[/formation]

Bench: Vorm, Trippier, KWP, Foyth, Oakley-Boothe, Nkoudou, Llorente

Looks like Dembele is out so I would go with this, Dier can drop between the centre halves if need be.

Can see this being quite a nervy tricky affair, very much like Moscow last season. A win would put us in a great position but we can't afford to treat this game like the league cup

3 matches is a joke for what he did. 1 match would have been fair.

Actually I just looked at it again. 3 matches was fair.

Yes he was a silly boy but tackle wasn’t in same league as Luiz who also received a 3 match ban

That was a shocker with real intent

-------------------------Lloris--------------------
Aurier---Alderweireld---Sanchez---KWP
--------------------------Dier---------------------
--------------Dembele------Winks------------
Eriksen-------------------------------------Son
--------------------------Kane-------------------

[formation="433, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Kane, Son"]
[/formation]

Bench: Vorm, Trippier, KWP, Foyth, Oakley-Boothe, Nkoudou, Llorente

Looks like Dembele is out so I would go with this, Dier can drop between the centre halves if need be.
I like the look of this. Winks would pull the strings whilst Sissoko drives us forward. Dier dropping in when the fullbacks offer width.

I'd go with this.

So we're missing Rose, Vertonghen, Dembele, Wanyama and Dele . 5 genuine first teamers so early into the campaign. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 now but fancy it'll be 2-0.

Winks and Sissoko in the middle of the park for me with Dier dropping from DM to centre back as and when the full backs bomb on

Glad to see people on here are not taking it lightly. It's a massive game and has 'potential fuck up' written all over it. As I understand, they are a defensive side and we all know that's what we struggle against. They once had a good run in the CL playing very defensive football and getting to (I think) the QF's. I know also that their fans are very passionate and it will be a hostile environment. This is the sort of European game where experience comes in handy and we don't have bags of it at this level, though hopefully the players can draw on the win in Moscow last year. I can remember similar games when we ended up with draws, though mostly at the EL level so maybe motivation was a factor there. We need to be patient and wait for opportunities to come, and not panic if it takes us until the later stages of the game before we get our goal. We also need to stay disciplined and alert at the back.

I fancied going to this game, as I thought it would be the most interesting both in terms of the atmosphere in the ground and as a place to visit, but in the end I am going to Dortmund instead of this one. Anyone going off here? Hope all yids going stay safe and give us good and loud support.

I fancied going to this game, as I thought it would be the most interesting both in terms of the atmosphere in the ground and as a place to visit, but in the end I am going to Dortmund instead of this one. Anyone going off here? Hope all yids going stay safe and give us good and loud support.

I had exactly the same thoughts as you but ended up doing Dortmund as well especially as its a damn sight cheaper

Hope not too many changes need this win. It will keep our CL qualifications alive . We are capable in getting a result in one of the 3 big games I so sure of this .

Lloris
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Aurier
----------
Rose
Eriksen
----------
Dele Alli
Kane

Vorm
Davies/ Trippier
Foyth
Dier/ Wanyama
Winks/ Dembele
Lamela/ Son/ Sissoko
Llorente

I see only two genuine areas in our first XI that we can improve, in CM and AM.

A bit (Well completely) off topic but I can see DM and CM/AM being next on Poch's list for a serious assault, especially as Dembele seems to be too injury prone these days to rely on him. A big shame really.

As you were ladies and gents

Just put out on Twitter that Eriksen is out too. Is Nkoudou ready to start? Maybe we will go with two up top? Narrow diamond

[formation="41212, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Winks, Son, Llorente, Kane"][/formation]

Really down to the bare bones for this one, who else will even go on the bench, I imagine Oakley-Boothe will be one of the youth players there. Sterling or Shashoua too?

Pretty much the spine of our team (Dele, Eriksen, Wanyama, Dembele and Jan) is out of this game. Such a blow. We're going to have to start at least two players who've barely played this season, hope they'll be ready for it.

Would revert back to a back 4 for this game.
Without Wanyama we need Dier in midfield and without Jan the thought of 3 recent signings forming the back 5, in Aurier, Sanchez and Foyth, who are still adapting to the way we play. Well that scares me a little.

These are fixtures we need 6pts from to get out of the group so no unnecessary risks.

Would revert back to a back 4 for this game.
Without Wanyama we need Dier in midfield and without Jan the thought of 3 recent signings forming the back 5, in Aurier, Sanchez and Foyth, who are still adapting to the way we play. Well that scares me a little.

These are fixtures we need 6pts from to get out of the group so no unnecessary risks.

The problem with 4 at the back is we need 1 more in midfield, and we are very thin in there now. Unless we change to a formation we haven't used much before, it's essentially a choice between Foyth or GKN.

Eriksen out is a game changer. Be interesting to see what Poch does now.

Whether it's Dier and Winks in CM and Sissoko moving forward, or Kane into number 10 with Son and Llorente up front?

Holy shit, we are thin. Eriksen is the most important player for me so i dont know how we will fare without him. The players might step up or they might have no confidence in hostile crowds.
442 diamond it is then, Sissoko and Winks need to be working hard up and down. Son needs to do a free role.
Wanting to see how Llorente fits in with Kane but am crossing my fingers here.

Back
Top Bottom