Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well ten points is enough to get to the knock out round, can't really afford any slip ups...these guys managed to frustrate Madrid for 45 minutes so we can't go in thinking they'll be pushovers.

Well ten points is enough to get to the knock out round, can't really afford any slip ups...these guys managed to frustrate Madrid for 45 minutes so we can't go in thinking they'll be pushovers.
Exactly. We really do need 3 more points here & all of a sudden, progression starts looking possible. If we can beast these home & away (IF) & get a draw against Dortmund at their place, were through regardless of the Madrid games. That said, imagine getting a result in one of our games against that lot? Scenes.

So much more up for the CL this season....the draw of the big clubs in our group has even made me start feeling nervous already for the Apoel game. In short, a must win.

I genuinely feel we can nick something off Madrid over two games. I dont see two defeats honestly, but the Apoel games are the banana skins

So much more up for the CL this season....the draw of the big clubs in our group has even made me start feeling nervous already for the Apoel game. In short, a must win.

I genuinely feel we can nick something off Madrid over two games. I dont see two defeats honestly, but the Apoel games are the banana skins
We've got to work on the basis that Madrid & Dortmund will get maximum points against them & they will see us as their best hope of grabbing points in the group. No fucking about for this one. Get it right & we still have our own destiny in our hands.

Agree on all that. Madrid are blowing hot and cold at the minute, hoping for a cold night in three weeks time.

Just seen tickets go on sale on Friday morning here, which has racheted my excitement up another level

Watched most of their game against Madrid. They're not bad - clearly a class below Madrid, but if they had a bit more quality in the final third they could have had a goal or two.

They also took many of their set pieces short and most of them didn't end up going in the box. While obviously bad for them, it was very strange and something to definitely watch out for.

It won't be a walk in the park I don't think

Injured: Rose; Lamela; Wanyama; Dembele
Suspended: Dele; Jan

Pick the team from the rest.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Davies
Dier Winks Sissoko
Eriksen Son
Kane

4-3-2-1 with sissoko moving forward with the ball

Came out to Cyprus on Friday for this, watched the Pikey game in the sports bar in Protaras watching a few of the knuckle dragging gypseys getting the right hump with the number of spurs over here!!

Looking forward to this but just hope we don’t expect to win as we play war worse when expected to get a result!! COYS

This game is by far more 'must win' than the Madrid game...
ANYTHING we can get out of Real would be a bonus... but we're not expected to win... especially away at the Bernard Bow!

If we can win this week and give ourselves a cushion going to Spain, then at LEAST we could afford to lose over there... and OBVIOUSLY take our revenge on them at Wembley!!!!

Despite appearances, this game will most likely be a tough one.
I don't know, but guessing they will have crazy hostile crowd, the pitch might be crap, all these little things can add up.
Just need to keep our intensity up, and don't take them lightly please.

We win this and we have no pressure going into Madrid game, it will be a free hit.

Win this it gives us something to build on when we play RM. drop 2 or even all 3 points - we are out.
It would he a shame to slip up now after the BVB result. We will grow with confidence if we win and RM better watch out.

Must win and I want Madrid to beat Dortmund too... Madrid will most likely top this group so the bigger the gap on Dortmund the better, however you never know we could nick something off Madrid with a bit of luck.

We need to go strong here without a doubt and make sure of it, id go with

-------------------Lloris---------------------
---------Toby--Sanchez--Foyth---------
Aurier------Dier-Dembele------Davies
----------Eriksen----------Son------------
-------------------Kane---------------------

No guarantee 10 points will get you through, especially if everyone takes 6 points from APOEL but agree 3 points on Tuesday is vital if we are to get through the group.

Back
Top Bottom