Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last nights game-was job done-regardless of performance individually or as a team-you move on.

We are now in a position where we can seriously challenge for qualification-I cant understand why anyone would choose to question a players ability at this stage. Its not what we've done, its what we can do?

Yes but it's a forum where we discuss the good and bad points in each game. You can bet your bottom dollar Poch and the team are doing the same – it's not all Wine and steaks. It's very much about what you've done and how you did it in order to improve for your next game.

We had a good result there is no denying but we don't have to pretend it was flawless. We constantly discuss the attributes of players, good and bad. Lloris made some cracking saves but looked dodgy at times under pressure. Just an observation...

Yes but it's a forum where we discuss the good and bad points in each game. You can bet your bottom dollar Poch and the team are doing the same – it's not all Wine and steaks. It's very much about what you've done and how you did it in order to improve for your next game.

We had a good result there is no denying but we don't have to pretend it was flawless. We constantly discuss the attributes of players, good and bad. Lloris made some cracking saves but looked dodgy at times under pressure. Just an observation...
of course coach and the players will go over the evenings game but I don't feel that we need to scrutinise every little action .overall it was a decent performance and a brilliant result and we are where we need to be in a position to qualify from this group . There will be perfect performances from players and those performances will be against the better teams Lloris will know he got away with it last night and I'm sure, will try to make sure it doesn't happen again . Taking him out of the equation is not the way forward. The way forward is looking to playing Madrid and putting on a big performance good enough to qualify from this group. Personally I can't be doing with scrutinising players on every move and kick .

Last edited:
Can't really see us coming away with a win in Germany or Spain. Dortmund looked good today even with a loss. If we could snatch a point at either of these fixtures, or against RM at Wembley we'd be sitting pretty for second in the group.

Agreed - which is why it was vital that we get maximum points from these first 2 fixtures.

i really think we need to be at least a point ahead of dortmund after match day 4 to have any hope of qualifying for the knock out stage...probably an obvious thing to say, but we have done all we can do now

it was a win, but many players didn't play well,
Trippier is not a left sided player, we saw that last week and again tonight
why does Aurier run 30yds from half way line to pressure a defender who before Aurier gets there, hits a long ball and its one-on-one attacker with Toby, Aurier has done that a few times already this season
it was a win, but many players didn't play well,
Trippier is not a left sided player, we saw that last week and again tonight
why does Aurier run 30yds from half way line to pressure a defender who before Aurier gets there, hits a long ball and its one-on-one attacker with Toby, Aurier has done that a few times already this season

He's learning.

i really think we need to be at least a point ahead of dortmund after match day 4 to have any hope of qualifying for the knock out stage...probably an obvious thing to say, but we have done all we can do now
After match two we are 6 points ahead.
Great keeper and ambassador for our club but surely one of the worst kickers in the league
Does it matter?
We finished second with one of the best defensive records in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom