Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DKrg2nNX0AAAuxu.jpg

DKrg2luX0AAFaEn.jpg
Its funny how Vorm always looks like that proud big brother.

From a progression standpoint, the 2 most important fixtures were probably these first 2. Dortmund at Wembley was a necessity to get the upper hand for 2nd, and away to APOEL is the banana peel sort of match that does many clubs in - including Spurs so often. Coming away with maximum points really puts us on the front foot and leaves anything from Madrid as a true bonus rather than required to climb back into the fight.

Been so nervous about this match, it's really a pleasant surprise sometimes when the gut punch never comes!

:kanegoal:

Can't really see us coming away with a win in Germany or Spain. Dortmund looked good today even with a loss. If we could snatch a point at either of these fixtures, or against RM at Wembley we'd be sitting pretty for second in the group.

Can't really see us coming away with a win in Germany or Spain. Dortmund looked good today even with a loss. If we could snatch a point at either of these fixtures, or against RM at Wembley we'd be sitting pretty for second in the group.
We will raise our level for these games whether that's enough we will have to see.

Former Leicester defender Pontus Kåmark nailed it regarding Kane. "He already is world class. People just don't think it because he doesn't act like how we expect a world class striker to act. He's so humble". (Paraphrased for translations sake)
Probably because he doesn’t have ridiculous sleeves with religious figures or wolves, no gelled-up ridiculous hair or a WAG slag with fake norks

Last edited:
it was a win, but many players didn't play well,
Trippier is not a left sided player, we saw that last week and again tonight
why does Aurier run 30yds from half way line to pressure a defender who before Aurier gets there, hits a long ball and its one-on-one attacker with Toby, Aurier has done that a few times already this season

Was great to see Winks getting a full game, was so worried by his injury last year in his critical break-though season but he is looking very sharp. He is a tidy player, he zips the ball about with great effect, gets around the pitch and really adds to the team. Sissoko had his best game yet for me, barely put a foot wrong, was a machine constantly running the length of the pitch, great assist for Harry and unlucky not to have been picked out when he was clearly through. Also nice to see the confidence to have a shot and on target.

Sissoko had an ok game (for me that price tag means he must be better)
really wished Poch let him finish the game, and taken Son off instead
if Sissoko got a few 90mins think that would help him alot

An almost weekly occurance nowadays

Yes i'm starting to feel the same. My old man has moaned about his distribution and 'messing about' for a while and i've always said he is fine but i'm starting to see it becoming a problem. I get quiet nervous when there is a pass back.

I'm not sure how they can overcome this?

In training do they ever put keepers as outfield players to improve their control and passing?

Back
Top Bottom