Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm glad he's gone, the football was boring, rigid, uninspiring but mostly his heart was never into it.
However, Levy and Enic are the problem.
Welcome to the revolving door that is Spurs.
I’m no Levy/ENIC supporter but I fail to see what they could have done differently. I think we were all pleased when Conte and his huge team were taken on - for huge amounts of money. He was supported in the transfer market. We all thought he was the elite manager required to take us forward. Unfortunately he was fucking useless and his ridged tactics were a blight to anyone who likes football. Over the hill. Any successes he may have had were just luck. We are currently 4th despite him not because of him

Levy must of had to pay out on on conte and can’t stomach having to pay again for nagglesman most probably….
If the dynamic duo get fourth he will probably give them the job 😂😂😂😂

Poor old Antonio was burnt out and emotionally wrecked by illness and the loss of people dear to him. He's gone back to Italy to recouperate. His style of play was shit and his timing of substitutions was shitter. His treatment of players has been appalling (both continuing to play them when out of form and not giving others a chance). Definitely not Spurs, he went from Hero to Zero.

I see no evelebty.

Are you really blaming Sons poor form on Conté? Don't look at how many goals he has scored. Look at how many chances he has duffed up. Last season he'd have buried 20 goals by now. This season Son has been running straight into players believing he is going to get them to believe he will shimmy around them. Sorry but he hasn't been on form that's on him.
Not sure how you've come to your stunning conclusion from "neutered one of Son's biggest strengths."
I agree with you - he's been village and painfully bad to watch.

The only way he can redeem 6 months of turgid football is to stick the knife into levy

Correct pretty much.

Only the liars and those who think spending 500 million is the only answer would have foreseen us being so far behind Woolwich at this stage of the season, and that Chairmen dictate the tactics and style of play.

Nobody would have taken Saka, Martinelli and Jesus over our 3, plus Richarlison. And of they would, please show me where tnat was written..

Midfield - maybe but we had Bissouma to add to our 3.

Defensively it's arguable. Goalie, most would have taken Lloris..

So Conte has fallen short and while I am not going to say we will definitely be better as a result, Im glad the moaning, dsfensive fcuking lemon has gone.

The downside is that the spendaholics will view it through one lens of blame.

We should be improving the bench by improving the first 11. Not buying better bench players than we had. The overall squad might improve but the 11 remains unchanged and unchallenged.

we needed 6-7 new players, and they couldn't be all first XI because you can't spend 300 M in a session like our competitors do

Back
Top Bottom