Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. Our squad doesn't have a winning mentality and this stretches back to their entire tenure.

There isn't a winning culture at our club and this stems from the top.

If we'd won loads of stuff before Conte took over then I would be laying all the blame on the manager. But we haven't so it's clear that he wasn't the issue, hell he wasn't even in the country when we lost that game!
Absolutely. Our best and most ambitious players have always wanted to leave under Enic and that has always been the right decision for them, starting with Campbell, to Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale and Kane (Kane is still here but he wanted to go to City and will probably get a move away somewhere). We only kept Ledley due to his injuries.

The culture set at Spurs, by Daniel Levy, is that not only is winning hard, but it doesn't really matter. Trophies are not important, making top 4 every other season or so is the aim. Players who continually fail are allowed to stay and continue as starters, year after year. I wouldn't say the club has a loser mentality but it's certainly not a winning one.

FsLaCE1WcAQLCAp

You can hate Conte all you want, but he hasn't been the problem at Spurs for the last 20 years
No, but he's been the immediate problem this season.

Stubborn refusal to change the tactics and negative playing style resulting in a disastrous season only lessened in the league by slightly more useless Liverpool & Chelsea sides.

You can blame Levy all you like, but he's not the one picking the team and working out the tactics for matches.

There's a reason he never lasts very long in jobs, despite any success he has.

Briefly scanned that, but not really interested in what they have to say.

Personally, I think THST needs to go fuck off alongside ENIC. We're in dire need of both better ownership and better representation. They really add nothing besides getting a good moan in from time to time. They really seem broadly incompetent.

Briefly scanned that, but not really interested in what they have to say.

Personally, I think THST needs to go fuck off alongside ENIC. We're in dire need of both better ownership and better representation. They really add nothing besides getting a good moan in from time to time. They really seem broadly incompetent.

I don't really follow the trust, the only time I hear about them is when people moan about them lol

Why don't people like them?

You don't think the players that we had in that game should have won?
The history of these players says no. We have, over many years, seen us go out of cup competitions to lesser opponents when we have prioritised league games instead. We have no right to expect to rotate in players (many of whom aren't THAT much better than our lesser opponent) and expect an away win under the lights, infront of a crowd who are bang up for it as the biggest game of their season.

Yes. Our squad doesn't have a winning mentality and this stretches back to their entire tenure.

There isn't a winning culture at our club and this stems from the top.

If we'd won loads of stuff before Conte took over then I would be laying all the blame on the manager. But we haven't so it's clear that he wasn't the issue, hell he wasn't even in the country when we lost that game!

We haven't won loads of stuff since 84 or even earlier, but you seek to blame all that on the most recent ownership, so what's the difference in logic?

39 years of "failure".... Not "20".

I think it's more telling on Conte. This is quite unprecedented when a manager gets canned, it's usually the whole staff (they are his, he brought them in). It feels like that's him done in football now????.

The situation in Italy is bleak as he walked out on Inter. Maybe Milan is an option by there is NO money and they couldn’t be set up more differently from what he expects. And he absolutely trashed his relationship with Juve presumably still can’t eat at the famous €100-a-head restaurant. And Roma too with zero money and burnt on strict FFP limits.
Well he can earn his money until the end of the season when his contract expires, rejoining conte after gaining a bit more experience. It’s only a few weeks, can’t see that massively impacting their relationship. conte had checked out weeks ago and wanted to be in Italy. Don’t see any more to it than that tbh.

Back
Top Bottom