Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No but greater chance than Conte and at the very least, may give the crowd a shot in the arm and the players enjoying it. Who knows. There’s more to football than top 4 vs suicide. You pay £100 for a ticket, you deserve to see us trying to win games and score goals

We might be 4th, but even Stevie Wonder can see this is temporary
if you finish 4th and you can offer UCL's football, then it will be easier to attract good players.
and with good players it will be easier to make this thing stable and not temporary

Assuming we go out of Champs League tonight, do you think Poch could turn the team around and pick up the points in the tougher fixtures of Newcastle / United / Liverpool / Brentford? Thats what it will take for Top 4.
I would say nobody has a better chance of getting this under invested mess of a squad into the top 4 than Antonio Conte.
He knows the players and what he has to work with and somehow achieved the impossible last year. So who knows

if you finish 4th and you can offer UCL's football, then it will be easier to attract good players.
and with good players it will be easier to make this thing stable and not temporary
I agree it’s hugely relevant and why we should refresh when it’s still achievable but my point is based on current form, we won’t be fourth for long.

I would say nobody has a better chance of getting this under invested mess of a squad into the top 4 than Antonio Conte.
He knows the players and what he has to work with and somehow achieved the impossible last year. So who knows
Agree but then you look at his blind spots of two man midfield, late subs, PEH, Persic, Son and fucking Lucas and have to think that ship has sailed

I agree it’s hugely relevant and why we should refresh when it’s still achievable but my point is based on current form, we won’t be fourth for long.
we can't know. in this season many teams had ups and downs not only us.
if we manage to fix the defence we have possibilies.
another problem are the away matches: we totally lack of personality

we can't know. in this season many teams had ups and downs not only us.
if we manage to fix the defence we have possibilies.
another problem are the away matches: we totally lack of personality
I don’t see it as the defence at all. We make mistakes defensively but root cause is we never control the tempo of a game so come under pressure. Players like PEH, Persic and Son are not comfortable on the ball and are erratic

To be fair to Levy, he didn't let Ramos, AvB or Nuno drift by. He seems to act when we look in danger of no Europe at all. Or worse.
At the moment, we're in 4th and in control of our own destiny.
I've no doubt we'll fuck it up, and a big part of that is persistence with out of form players and refusing to use others desperate to prove themselves. That's the biggest issue IMO, not the formation or even tactics. Just putting dross out there game after game and watch them do what we fully expect them to do.
Not quite, mate... Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton all leapfrog us if they win their games in hand. Even Brentford would be just 1pt behind us if they win their games in hand.

Not quite, mate... Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton all leapfrog us if they win their games in hand. Even Brentford would be just 1pt behind us if they win their games in hand.
They all have to play us. We beat them, we stay above them, whether they win their game in hand or not (although it may not play out in that order due to fixture dates)

Yep if its Poch or someone else we're looking at a 14/15 style rebuild, it took 3 windows and a lot of good coaching. I hope people don't expect instant results but we have to rid ourselves of this dour football even if it means going back a step to eventually go forwards.
Similar to before, we need energy and effort. Absolutely sick of Son tiptoeing about and Persic jogging around with PEH the pointer

Video was better than I thought it was going to be.

plays down that woolwich considerably outspent us for the last 3 seasons.

Does say we need a top class CB and top class CM with some creativity and the ability to play with Kane.

Most of us agree with that. Personally not sure Conte hasn't tried Richarlison #9 with Kane #10 more and Kulu as an AM. Have a feeling that Poch might try that.

3 and 1/2 seasons of turgid football will be over soon.

Already looking forward to front foot attacking football under new gaffer next season.

The bigger worry is if we are going to successfully going to get rid of all rubbish players that are stealing wages and making us no better footballing outfit than the likes of Wolves and Villa.

Get rid of all those garbage players at any cost.

Yep if its Poch or someone else we're looking at a 14/15 style rebuild, it took 3 windows and a lot of good coaching. I hope people don't expect instant results but we have to rid ourselves of this dour football even if it means going back a step to eventually go forwards.

That's the problem ditching Conte if we lose tonight. Any new manager coming in wanting to impose a new style might make results suffer. Performances are turd under Conte but recently we've been picking up wins. Levy has to weigh up what is best, sticking with Conte and hoping that with one game a week he can repeat last season and get top four or twist and bring in another manager who may not hit the ground running if he starts changing formation etc.

It isn't as easy a decision as is being made out.

Back
Top Bottom