Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheer up everyone, he's back!

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

If im honest I had more faith in Mourinho at this stage. Atleast Mourinho still wanted to manage and win and was relatively happy to be at Spurs and was respectful

You just get this sense of Conte never really wanted to be here, never been fully committed. An air of superiority like hes too good for Spurs. Constantly talked about whether he was right for the club. Turned us down first time round. Took a small contract.

Maybe he genuinely just took the job knowing full well he wasnt going to be here long and the pay was good, almost a stop-gap. and from his latest interview he looks completely checked out. Just waiting to be sacked or these last few months to be over.

Son's been played with his back to goal, if you play him off the shoulder then he's fine - I don't know why Conte continues to use him like that.
If poch comes back and he wants to press if you have 2 wide players with say Maddison in the 10 role they can do the press. Maddison is a hard worker. What we could then do is use son and Kane as the main striker. They would in effect be fighting for the same position. So instead of looking for Kane replacement just use Son.

If poch comes back and he wants to press if you have 2 wide players with say Maddison in the 10 role they can do the press. Maddison is a hard worker. What we could then do is use son and Kane as the main striker. They would in effect be fighting for the same position. So instead of looking for Kane replacement just use Son.
But if we do play Maddison (or some such) in a 10 position, Harry is going to have to genuinely lead the line and stay high.

TFG is like a blissed-out Yoda during media day, but a fucking raving lunatic on the touchline in the trenches on match day.

Sack this bald fraud!

Didn’t he ask fir the same in another home gane this season ? The crowd have always been up for it most games like the OM game yet his tactics was to just let them have the ball. We created f all and only won bocs they had a player sent off. How about away ganes like last week v SU. There was 6k there making a great noise but didn’t seem to inspire our couldn’t give a fuck players. Even stellini didn’t draw on the away support.

Didn’t he ask fir the same in another home gane this season ? The crowd have always been up for it most games like the OM game yet his tactics was to just let them have the ball. We created f all and only won bocs they had a player sent off. How about away ganes like last week v SU. There was 6k there making a great noise but didn’t seem to inspire our couldn’t give a fuck players. Even stellini didn’t draw on the away support.
I bet Levy wont sack him at half time.

To dare is too dear.

Obvs didn’t learn from last season or the Forrest game where contes tactics were shite. How many lessons do they need to learn. It his job to make sure they don’t need to learn from these defeats in the first place.
Sane with SU we didn’t look like scoring. His subs, team selection and tactics didn’t exactly help.

Took a small contract.
I think we were happy with that.
I think that Nuno’s contract (and then Conté’s not including the option) were designed to coincide with Poch’s termination at PSG. Conté, like Nuno, was never more than a stop-gap. Maybe if the 18 months had brought some pots there might have been a longer extension but this was always going to be a short marriage.

I think we were happy with that.
I think that Nuno’s contract (and then Conté’s not including the option) were designed to coincide with Poch’s termination at PSG. Conté, like Nuno, was never more than a stop-gap. Maybe if the 18 months had brought some pots there might have been a longer extension but this was always going to be a short marriage.
I think that's a bit of revisionist history, the club likely would've given Conte a longer deal but he never really trusted them from the start, which I guess further proves this wasn't going to work out long term.

Why wait until the summer? Poch is a positive and a breath of fresh air, we should have done it yday whilst we still have things to play for

There is no sense bringing him in with just a handful of games left and our form is unpredictable. There is no time to change the system of play and he will need a full pre season to prepare his squad with the system of football and discipline he wants to inject.

There is no sense bringing him in with just a handful of games left and our form is unpredictable. There is no time to change the system of play and he will need a full pre season to prepare his squad with the system of football and discipline he wants to inject.
Of course it won’t be optimal Poch but just by playing three midfielders and getting players enjoying themselves will see an improvement vs this negative shit

Of course it won’t be optimal Poch but just by playing three midfielders and getting players enjoying themselves will see an improvement vs this negative shit

The issue is, that this 'negative shit' currently has us sitting in 4th place, with Us, Liverpool, United and Newcastle looking to challenge for the 3rd and 4th spots.

Liverpool have been quickly improving, with 13 of 15 points gained from the last 5 games. They have City, Chelsea and Woolwich up next in the EPL - which could see them either leapfrog us or drop further down.

Newcastle seem to have run out of steam, picking up just 3 points from a possible 15.

Liverpool dropping out of the Champions League will likely see them hit form in the league and secure top 4.

United have pretty good fixture list going into the end of the season - if they can keep the dressing room together I'd favour them over us to get the top 4 spot.

Assuming we go out of Champs League tonight, do you think Poch could turn the team around and pick up the points in the tougher fixtures of Newcastle / United / Liverpool / Brentford? Thats what it will take for Top 4.

The issue is, that this 'negative shit' currently has us sitting in 4th place, with Us, Liverpool, United and Newcastle looking to challenge for the 3rd and 4th spots.

Liverpool have been quickly improving, with 13 of 15 points gained from the last 5 games. They have City, Chelsea and Woolwich up next in the EPL - which could see them either leapfrog us or drop further down.

Newcastle seem to have run out of steam, picking up just 3 points from a possible 15.

Liverpool dropping out of the Champions League will likely see them hit form in the league and secure top 4.

United have pretty good fixture list going into the end of the season - if they can keep the dressing room together I'd favour them over us to get the top 4 spot.

Assuming we go out of Champs League tonight, do you think Poch could turn the team around and pick up the points in the tougher fixtures of Newcastle / United / Liverpool / Brentford? Thats what it will take for Top 4.
No but greater chance than Conte and at the very least, may give the crowd a shot in the arm and the players enjoying it. Who knows. There’s more to football than top 4 vs suicide. You pay £100 for a ticket, you deserve to see us trying to win games and score goals

We might be 4th, but even Stevie Wonder can see this is temporary

Back
Top Bottom