Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We done ok last night in midfield thanks to fantastic performances from Sarr and Skipp. But the number of actual attacks we set up is a fucking disgrace. Conte might have won in the past but it just isn’t working here so get rid asap. I’d get Poch back if we can’t think of anyone better

Unless its contract reasons it would be best to part ways now and i did suggest in a post in anger that would happen. I did say mason in charge probably for the last 6 games maybe this will depend on progress in both cups. But as it stands now with all the injuries at the club it just seems like its going to be the hardest watch for a long time for all the fans.

We done ok last night in midfield thanks to fantastic performances from Sarr and Skipp. But the number of actual attacks we set up is a fucking disgrace. Conte might have won in the past but it just isn’t working here so get rid asap. I’d get Poch back if we can’t think of anyone better
Most energetic midfield combo I've seen since Dembele and Wanyama.

May not offer the goal threat of Bentacur, but made the hard yards and offered nothing up.

Paratici tried to hire Gattuso and did hire Nuno. I'm afraid if Conte leaves Spurs will not look outside the managers who Paratici has connections with (or with their agents). That would put us back to the Italian style of play as opposed to being open to styles of play that are not typical of Serie A. I doubt Paratici would have considered managers like Tuchel, Rodgers, or Potter. I expressed it poorly, but my point is that if Conte leaves Spurs would be limiting themselves in choice of manager. I'd like it if Conte stayed, but if he left I shudder to think of what the man who hired Nuno would come up with as a replacement.

The reports of the Nuno summer definitely suggest this.

I keep seeing people say they don’t want Poch back, but why?

We all know why he left last time but there were so many reasons for that. I wasn’t enjoying the football the last 6 months but it was better than now.

It was pretty much the same. Slow, leaky and unproductive.... Just with more possession.

Also.... Needs a completely fresh squad. None of the old faces pulling at his heart strings.

it was alwayhs a short term appointment, and i suppose in a sense he kinda achieved his target by turning around a massively sinking ship.
Probably should've walked in the summer with his rep intact, just isnt a good fit for tottenham.

he's never getting sacked so i just hope there's enough about us to get to a FA cup final

it was alwayhs a short term appointment, and i suppose in a sense he kinda achieved his target by turning around a massively sinking ship.
Probably should've walked in the summer with his rep intact, just isnt a good fit for tottenham.

he's never getting sacked so i just hope there's enough about us to get to a FA cup final

I suspect top 4 is more achievable than a cup win....... Anything less that a winning effort in a final will only be more heart-break anyway and at least CL next year provides a nice platform to attract whoever takes over.

I keep seeing people say they don’t want Poch back, but why?

We all know why he left last time but there were so many reasons for that. I wasn’t enjoying the football the last 6 months but it was better than now.
The football in his last 6 months was the same as we are seeing now. It was awful.

If we're going to delve back into the old managers market I'd much rather Martin Jol to be completely honest.

No idea, but I was pondering the other day.... Would Poch signify to Kane a reason to stay or a lack of imagination/vision ?
I think would give kane a reason to stay. By all accounts they were very close and remained in contact since after we got rid of Poch. We’ve ran out of those big big name managers that Harry will feel he can learn a lot off by staying to appoint. I think it would have to be Conte staying (which isn’t happening) or Poch back that would help convincing kane to stay.

The football in his last 6 months was the same as we are seeing now. It was awful.

If we're going to delve back into the old managers market I'd much rather Martin Jol to be completely honest.

The players downed tools. Funnily enough, 11 of them are still at the club, on loan or otherwise.

Levy has his role in all of this with a lack of suitable transfers in, Conte with his fucking stubborn tactics. But the constant is the players.

Poch coming back only works with an (almost) complete clear out.

Wonder if there's a connection.

For all the pissing and moaning, Conte isn't going anywhere this season.

Levy won't sack him and he shouldn't. Conte won't quit.

The summer is a different matter but for now how about just sucking it up and riding it out. Never know, the team could fuck around and win something.
Well teach the cup final and a week before it Levy will sack Conte and put Ryan Mason in charge until the end of the season.

I think would give kane a reason to stay. By all accounts they were very close and remained in contact since after we got rid of Poch. We’ve ran out of those big big name managers that Harry will feel he can learn a lot off by staying to appoint. I think it would have to be Conte staying (which isn’t happening) or Poch back that would help convincing kane to stay.
I could live with Poch coming back as i think he has the basis of a young, hard running, ego free side that he needs (although we need to shift a lot) but we shouldnt continue to appoint managers to keep Harry Kane happy.

Back
Top Bottom