Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte got us top 4 and CL last 16 so it hasn't been pointless. Not sure our fan base will respond well to a project manager either.
I think with Lloris 35, Son 30 and fading and Kane 29 and 18 months on his contract, Perisic 34 not to mention clearing out the dross like Emerson, Tanganga Doc, Dier, Sanchez, Moura its going to be a project whoever is manager. Do you give that to Conte who will want Hakimi, Bastoni and Barella but probably wont get them or someone that can build?

we won't get top 4 this season with these tactics we are already 4th after newcastles win today we will end up in 6 or 7 th place by the end of season if this continues! :wall::wall::wall:
Really feels like 20/21 under Mourinho. Strong start, top of the league but overall poor, negative performances before imploding largely due to individual errors and lack of attacking play and falling to 7th.

Last edited:
Emerson > Doherty(*) is a complete head-fuck.

(*Look at how Conte greeted him after the Everton game.... Where did that love go?)

Last 15 with points to rescue; I don't wanna see 3CBs remaining.

Emerson > Doherty(*) is a complete head-fuck.

(*Look at how Conte greeted him after the Everton game.... Where did that love go?)

Last 15 with points to rescue; I don't wanna see 3CBs remaining.
So true about the 3 at the back chasing a game. I mean what manager does that? Throw on Gil, try something different and try and cause a bit of chaos. But no, rigid shape at all times.

We'll be all for a project manager if we show promise, right now we look like a stereotypical Italian team.
The stereotypical English team involved long ball at the tower and large scrums with forbidden shots. The real problem is the absentees: try to remove the decisive players from the various teams ...

If he's going to stick with the tactic of defense first then attack second. Bring the attackers on at HT. Waiting until 68' only gives 20' to do something. Give them a full half to go at the defense and we have a better chance to win.

So true about the 3 at the back chasing a game. I mean what manager does that? Throw on Gil, try something different and try and cause a bit of chaos. But no, rigid shape at all times.

Emerson/Sess <> Doherty/Kulu was fine, but essentially like for like (352)... Bit earlier would have been nice, but stil....

Biss <> Lucas = 343, but at that point with 88mins on the clock......? Why give up a man in MF....? Go 253 or 244 and do it by the 80min mark.

He had a great impact last season but i really dont see what he's done this season. We havent beaten anyone you wouldnt expect to beat and the football has been stone age.

I'm willing to give the style a pass ATM due to the fact son has been so poor the WC schedule and the frontline injury crisis.

If this is still happening after the WC and Kulu, Richy and Son are back firing with Kane then we have issues

His big mistakes this season is his stubborn behaviour insisting on playing Royal not changing things fast enough when they ain't working.

This Jan transfer window is huge need a RWB a CB and a creative mid minimum to have a proper run in the CL and PL otherwise we will piss him off and struggle for top 4

All this “the players let go down today” shit is bollocks.

The way HE sets the team up puts our shite defence under even more pressure. He knows that they aren’t the best defenders in the world so why the fuck would you set your team up in away that puts your greatest weakness under even more pressure. You’re just asking for them to fuck up.

Stop this wank brand of negative, Stone Age football and take the game to the fucking opposition. It’s an absolute embarrassment that we have players like Kane, Kulu, Richarlison, Son and Perisic, all very good attacking players yet we set our teams up to make the least possible fucking use out of them week in, week out.

Conte needs to fuck off.

Newcastle are better than us. Fucking Newcastle.

We werent that bad today but said in the match thread its just all so old fashioned. A lot of huff and puff but no real tactical outsmarting of other capable managers. Its just all really undewhelming and it would help if we could see him building a team. The Emerson/Spence thing now is just beyond weird, like he's trying to just wind people up, including the board.
We are a very strange side. It is really hard to think of anything that we do well apart from scoring from corners. We are not great at passing, crossing , shooting, countering at speed and we don’t seem to be able to concentrate for the full 90 minutes. Our movement up front is also a bit lacking- yet we are still 4th. It’s bizarre

I think with Lloris 35, Son 30 and fading and Kane 29 and 18 months on his contract, Perisic 34 not to mention clearing out the dross like Emerson, Tanganga Doc, Dier, Sanchez, Moura its going to be a project whoever is manager. Do you give that to Conte who will want Hakimi, Bastoni and Barella but probably wont get them or someone that can build?
I get what you're saying but we have Conte in the first place because things were toxic under Nuno after 10 games. After decades of under performance, no one is going to accept finishing 8th and trusting the process. We are as likely to appoint an AVB as a Poch in any case.

Back
Top Bottom