Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I think its time to make a decision. Commit to Spurs and Levy commit to giving Conte some proper money or Conte just walk right now. This is all very pointless and boring now. No one wants to watch a slow death.

We’re not good enough to win anything short term, and if Conte isnt here for the long term, what the fuck was the point of appointing Conte?

His obsession with Royal is incredibly frustrating, although I could see why he started him today, Royal is usually decent in defense. But today wasn’t even on Conte, we had a plan and we were fucked by lack of luck and that donkey Dier costing us another goal.

Kulusevski back should give us a boost too, I just hope Doherty makes that RWB spot his and we finally fuck Royal off to the bench.
Royal isn't decent at defense, stop this bullshit please, since minute 1 Liverpool was playing in his back

We werent that bad today but said in the match thread its just all so old fashioned. A lot of huff and puff but no real tactical outsmarting of other capable managers. Its just all really undewhelming and it would help if we could see him building a team. The Emerson/Spence thing now is just beyond weird, like he's trying to just wind people up, including the board.

From what I’ve seen, the goals didn’t come from his side or him fucking up in defence, did they?
First goal he was nowhere near Robertson and he should be marking him. Second nothing to do with him. But Liverpool targeted his side and that was undeniable. Also even If he wasn't responsible today he had a lot of fuck ups in defense this season.

I miss peak DESK tearing holes through defences with Toby and Jan parked on the halfway line suffocating the opposition into submission.

How have we gone from that to Kane feeding off scraps and boring predictable shite week in week out?

Poch went toe to toe with every big side. We went into every game believing 3 points was ther for the taking. Cunte isn't fit to lace his boots.

We've seen when the tactic comes together, we can really blow teams up. And for whatever reason we really haven't got going this season. End of last season was some fantastic stuff, albeit some lacklustre results in the mix.

The thing we are significantly better at is not completely bending over. We still give it our best effort to fuck it, but for some reason we've found something to come back in games.

We really should be beating that Liverpool team, but again, we come up short.

As Conte has said, we need a few windows. And as always, we can only judge the period of each manager when they are no longer at the club.

I'm still hopeful of doing something under Conte, but much depends on if he is backed, and if he starts making better decisions with the starting line up and subs.

I do seem to age during each 90 minutes....im not sure how long this can go on for before I look like a wrinkly old ball bag.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm in the Conte out camp now.

His stubbornness is ridiculous now, week after week we got behind in games from a super negative start then he's FORCED to play more attacking in the 2nd half.

Today showed that you simply can't do that against the big sides, and against most of the smaller ones you can't either IMO.

Also Emerson should never play in a Spurs shirt again, he needs to be OUT THE DOOR on New Years Day.

Playing 5 at the back with shit defenders is never going to be successful. The results are evening out now and we're dropping away as many of us suspected which is why I've personally been so pissed off because its been coming and it was avoidable. The persistence with certain players that make the same mistakes over and over is getting borderline idiotic and he needs to swallow his pride and make the changes. Every time we play a big side we get fucked.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm in the Conte out camp now.

His stubbornness is ridiculous now, week after week we got behind in games from a super negative start then he's FORCED to play more attacking in the 2nd half.

Today showed that you simply can't do that against the big sides, and against most of the smaller ones you can't either IMO.

Also Emerson should never play in a Spurs shirt again, he needs to be OUT THE DOOR on New Years Day.
Yeah i'm fed up with it. Kept hoping it would improve this season because i enjoyed the back end of last season but its just too negative for my tastes and his stubborness around Gil/Spence/Emerson is starting to look like petty point scoring. I'd be stunned if he leaves during the season unless the wheels fall off completely but i'm convinced we need a change in the summer.

From what I’ve seen, the goals didn’t come from his side or him fucking up in defence, did they?
No but the number of times his mistakes cause unnecessary pressure when we’re defending or lose momentum when we’re attacking is become unbearable.

He seems like a good egg and likeable character but needs to go.

Last edited:
I wonder if Levy’s picking up in the reaction of the fans.

He was quick off the mark with Nuno and ruthless with Poch and Jose despite their successes.

Well I think its time to make a decision. Commit to Spurs and Levy commit to giving Conte some proper money or Conte just walk right now. This is all very pointless and boring now. No one wants to watch a slow death.

We’re not good enough to win anything short term, and if Conte isnt here for the long term, what the fuck was the point of appointing Conte?
Conte got us top 4 and CL last 16 so it hasn't been pointless. Not sure our fan base will respond well to a project manager either.

Back
Top Bottom