Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who here has finally got their mojo back a little with Spurs ? Make no mistake there’s still major problems at this club, but this Conte is a massive coup. A fabulous manager, one of the best in the world and we have appointed him. Considering we are currently a Europa conference team, we done extremely well to convince him. I finally feel slightly excited with Spurs for the 1st time in 3 years. Welcome Conte!!!!!! COYS!!!
Couldn’t agree more , got a slight tinge of excitement myself. COYS,

would conte sign, he doesnt strike me like mourinho and to be honest he wouldnt sign if he didnt get full backing and ill be the first to bash levy if he fucks this one up
If he signs, we're definitely getting very good players in.

Whoever they are.

And no way Levy will dare try and play him. Not now.

If it's on - it's on.

Who here has finally got their mojo back a little with Spurs ? Make no mistake there’s still major problems at this club, but this Conte is a massive coup. A fabulous manager, one of the best in the world and we have appointed him. Considering we are currently a Europa conference team, we done extremely well to convince him. I finally feel slightly excited with Spurs for the 1st time in 3 years. Welcome Conte!!!!!! COYS!!!
It's comments like this that make me automatically check BBC Football to see if its been finalised even though im confident it hasn't been done yet :avbcringe:

would conte sign, he doesnt strike me like mourinho and to be honest he wouldnt sign if he didnt get full backing and ill be the first to bash levy if he fucks this one up
Levy will sell it to him, just like he sold it to Mourinho. It's just verbal, it doesn't mean anything. Every manager we've had complains about transfers, Conte won't be any different.

Antonio'll come, tomorrow...
Betcha Bottom dollar that tomorrow.... he'll meet Son....
Just thinking about, Antonio,
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
'Til there's none

When I'm stuck a with team that's shit and losing...
I just dream of that win, and grin, and say.... oh
Antonio'll come, tomorrow
So you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow
Conte may...
Antonio, Antonio
I love ya Antonio
You'll play in the Tottenham way...
tomorrow-annie.gif

If this comes to pass and he’s our new manager he wont stand for any shit from the players or Levy he doesn’t have to he’s in pole position and we as fans should back him 100% what ever he sees fit as good for the team then that’s fine crack on.

If this comes to pass and he’s our new manager he wont stand for any shit from the players or Levy he doesn’t have to he’s in pole position and we as fans should back him 100% what ever he sees fit as good for the team then that’s fine crack on.
hes a proven winner, we as fans need to stand with him, could be the first manager who doesnt take shit from levy

Not going to say anything until its actually official.

We've been burned too many times (well at least in the Summer).

Exciting prospect though and especially if he was promised certain things.

Bit I've not heard focused on. It strikes me intresting that Conte wants 'This' job why. He could wait for United, for Newcastle even. For the Juventus job again...but he clearly wants the spurs job and did in the summer why?
Here's why we must do the deal.Conte is loaded he is an obscenely rich man. He is not a busted flush like Jose in a death spiral. He is a winner obsessed with winning.....and what are Spurs we are Sports biggest bridesmaids. Even an inspirational leader like Pochettino won nothing better yet a man he hates Jose couldn't do it...Conte is coming for his own ego he is coming to prove his greatness. The man is here to swagger into the best stadium in world football and prove he is the real deal. Spurs fans should be very very happy.

conte is different tho, he will walk if he doesnt get what he wants, will levy risk a fan revolt
Levy doesn't care too much about fan revolt, if he really cared what the fans think he would have sold up years ago. I also can't see where all this money for players is coming from. Uncle Joe isn't giving it, I know that.

Bit I've not heard focused on. It strikes me intresting that Conte wants 'This' job why. He could wait for United, for Newcastle even. For the Juventus job again...but he clearly wants the spurs job and did in the summer why?
Here's why we must do the deal.Conte is loaded he is an obscenely rich man. He is not a busted flush like Jose in a death spiral. He is a winner obsessed with winning.....and what are Spurs we are Sports biggest bridesmaids. Even an inspirational leader like Pochettino won nothing better yet a man he hates Jose couldn't do it...Conte is coming for his own ego he is coming to prove his greatness. The man is here swagger into the best stadium in world football and prove he is the real deal. Spurs fans should be very very happy.
and to prove he can win something with tottenham,

inter was stagnant till he came, he transformed them quick

Exactly what we need.

More excited by the prospect of Conte being Spurs’ manager then I was with Mourinho.
When Mourinho was hired, I was nervous with a minor hint of excitement/optimism.

I was mostly concerned about Jose’s recent performances and attitude. I remember saying to my friend “levy better know what the fuck he’s doing with this hire”. In hindsight, he didn’t.

I feel much different about Conte. Feels like we got (if it goes through) an actual top manager who’s not past it. Much more excitement and much less nervousness.

Tottenham are poised to appoint Antonio Conte as their new manager, talkSPORT understands. Spurs are confident they have reached an agreement with the former Chelsea boss after 48 hours of negotiations.

3rd June

Back
Top Bottom