Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cunte on his future​

Again my future. In this moment, the most important thing is to be focused on the league. You know what is my opinion, what is my desire. I say to you a lot of times that the situation that I have found, and we are far to aspire to be competitive to fight to win. I repeat this for a long time. We need time and patience. I see the environment has no patience or the environment does not want to see the reality. The club knows very well what is my situation and they know what are my thoughts. We can't do miracles. If I am to take the people as a target. I am not this person. The reality is this.

We'll see what happens in the future. I'm not stupid to kill myself. Until the end though I am ready to die for this club but then we'll see, I'm not too stupid to keep killing myself.
The "environment" has no patience for being bored shitless 1, 2 sometimes 3 times a week by your dreadful tactics.

The "environment" isn't pissed off about being knocked out of the CL, even if Milan are decidedly beatable, it is pissed off at not even giving the illusion of putting up a fucking fight!

The "environment" isn't demanding absurd results, just the ability to beat a Championship side's reserves, to maybe threaten to score a goal at some point in the last 270 minutes of football!

The "environment" thinks you're a stroppy overpaid cunt and wishes you would do the decent thing and fuck off because, frankly, Ryan Mason would be an upgrade right now! This is especially impressive when you consider that the "environment" was almost entirely behind you just a few weeks ago and backed you over the board.

Cunte on that booed substitution​

We had three strikers, we continued to play with three strikers. We played with Porro. We played with a 3-4-3 [before], without [11 players], we played with 3-2-3.

But if you win the game it is because you only have strikers? We have to find in every moment to risk but not to lose the balance. Then we had the chance. If you think that we can play with four strikers, with 2-2-4 and if you think so with the counter attack and the space. well...

I think I do my job and everyone has to do their job. I think that I have a career behind me and the experience to try to make the best decision. Then I repeat and you can accept or not. The reality to risk to score and if you score one goal you go into 30 minutes with four strikers. I understand the fans but I'm the coach and I always have to find the best solution for the team.
He seems to think the team were down to 9 men. Is he just not counting Son?

They didn't ask about the Richi statement?
First of all I watched the interview of Richarlison. He didn't criticise me. He said his season was (swears) and he's right. His season has been not good. He had injuries, played and scored in the Champions League and then went to the World Cup and then had a serious injury. He's scored no goals for us. I think he was really honest to say his season was not good. His season has not finished yet. If he deserves to play I'll give him the opportunity.

For the rest of the interview, I think he made a mistake. When you speak of 'I' and not 'us' you are being selfish. I say to my players if we want to build something important and win a trophy we have to speak with 'we' not with 'I', because otherwise you're thinking of yourself.

He made a mistake and he apologised and it was good for me to clarify with the team again about this. In this aspect we have to improve. We have to be more of a team and show more spirit positive, especially in negative moments.

Sometimes it's not enough to be a good guy. You have to to show the right desire and fight to win the game and the duels, to be nasty. I think that sometimes we are a bit soft, but I'm the coach and I'm the first responsible for this to happen and it doesn't happen every time.

I have to improve the team and I have to improve the spirit of my team. It always happened in the past and I hope it happens here.

They didn't ask about the Richi statement?

Conte on that Richarlison interview​

First of all I watched the interview of Richarlison. He didn't criticise me. He said his season was (swears) and he's right. His season has been not good. He had injuries, played and scored in the Champions League and then went to the World Cup and then had a serious injury. He's scored no goals for us. I think he was really honest to say his season was not good. His season has not finished yet. If he deserves to play I'll give him the opportunity.

For the rest of the interview, I think he made a mistake. When you speak of 'I' and not 'us' you are being selfish. I say to my players if we want to build something important and win a trophy we have to speak with 'we' not with 'I', because otherwise you're thinking of yourself.

He made a mistake and he apologised and it was good for me to clarify with the team again about this. In this aspect we have to improve. We have to be more of a team and show more spirit positive, especially in negative moments.

Sometimes it's not enough to be a good guy. You have to to show the right desire and fight to win the game and the duels, to be nasty. I think that sometimes we are a bit soft, but I'm the coach and I'm the first responsible for this to happen and it doesn't happen every time.

I have to improve the team and I have to improve the spirit of my team. It always happened in the past and I hope it happens here.

We had three strikers, we continued to play with three strikers. We played with Porro. We played with a 3-4-3 [before], without [11 players], we played with 3-2-3.

But if you win the game it is because you only have strikers? We have to find in every moment to risk but not to lose the balance. Then we had the chance. If you think that we can play with four strikers, with 2-2-4 and if you think so with the counter attack and the space. well...

I think I do my job and everyone has to do their job. I think that I have a career behind me and the experience to try to make the best decision. Then I repeat and you can accept or not. The reality to risk to score and if you score one goal you go into 30 minutes with four strikers. I understand the fans but I'm the coach and I always have to find the best solution for the team.
Wow, so he is right and everyone else in the world is wrong.
The arrogance of the man!

Did the reporter not ask the follow up question pointing out there was less than 10 minutes left and there was no option other than to score a goal. Davinson has scored zero this season. Unsuprisingly as he's a centre back!

Reading that has actually made me disrespect the bloke now. He is absolutely gagging to be sacked. Almost Scott Parker at Bournemouth levels there.

He’ll get his money, but make sure the sacking is nice and disrespectful. No meeting. Ideally an email. Make sure he doesn’t get to speak to the team again.

Absolute cunt.

It's funny how much of a short memory some people seems to have.
Waa it Conte fault for our game and results before he came here??? What happen when we actually start playing worst after ge ia gone and settle for around 10th place, will he be at fault????
I agree that Conte has done well is some areas. But I also understand why his support on the board is evaporating. Tottenham is not a perfect situation for a manager, but also it is not one of the perpetual mid table teams. There's enough resources that a manager can come in and do big things with Spurs, and there are not a huge number of those teams available. Whether he intends it or not, Conte communicates that he is doing everyone involved a favor by taking the job and when the team is not performing well it is never his fault. There has been an enormous reserve of good will toward Conte by fans and he doesn't seem to care that he's using up. I honestly don't think he wants to be here.

On Richarlison's interview,

:contearms::richclosed:

"First of all I watched the interview of Richarlison. He didn't criticise me. He said his season was (swears) and he's right. His season has been not good. He had injuries, played and scored in the Champions League and then went to the World Cup and then had a serious injury. He's scored no goals for us. I think he was really honest to say his season was not good. His season has not finished yet. If he deserves to play I'll give him the opportunity. For the rest of the interview, I think he made a mistake. When you speak of 'I' and not 'us' you are being selfish. I say to my players if we want to build something important and win a trophy we have to speak with 'we' not with 'I', because otherwise you're thinking of yourself. He made a mistake and he apologised and it was good for me to clarify with the team again about this. In this aspect we have to improve.

We have to be more of a team and show more spirit positive, especially in negative moments. Sometimes it's not enough to be a good guy. You have to to show the right desire and fight to win the game and the duels, to be nasty. I think that sometimes we are a bit soft, but I'm the coach and I'm the first responsible for this to happen and it doesn't happen every time. I have to improve the team and I have to improve the spirit of my team. It always happened in the past and I hope it happens here."

Best solution is to lose then? ffs. I stayed til the bitter end against Munich and what I would say for Poch is at least he dared to try in that match. Better to get trounced than give up. I felt worse on Wed than then for exactly that reason.

Back
Top Bottom