Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was saying that Man City would be looking at him to replace Pep a few months ago.
Yeah, during our run of good form, that's my point.

If he isn't trying to sell our manager off and begging the Spurs supporters and board to give him time then that's a concern for me.

He's a self serving twat that hates Spurs and has proven that, he tries to sell off anything he considers a threat.

Got an example of what you were wrong about?

Erm I thought Bissouma would be a much better signing. I thought Vicario would be worse than he has been. I genuinely did believe in Conte after the first season and only turned a bit later.

I thought we’d be lower down the table this season too. Thought Pochettino’s Chelsea would 100% be above us, though I do think there are signs of their project catching fire.

That’s off the top of my head.

Gary Neville aka ratboy has begged the spurs supporters and board to give Ange a chance and give him time.

If that self serving Spurs hating tosspot is saying it then Ange really needs to pull his finger out.

Normally Neville is trying to sell our manager off to other clubs

He also called it regarding Conte though and not wanting him at Man Utd. I dislike Neville but he probably knows a fuck more than me about what makes a good manager. All his quotes make sense.

Gary Neville insisted Tottenham must keep faith with Ange Postecoglou and back him in the transfer market.

"I don't know whether there's a little bit of fatigue or a little bit of a disconnect at the end.

"The manager looks - and I say this in a respectful manner - like he has a little less faith in them during this period than he did at the start of season.

"That's natural when they're not quite doing what he wants them to do.

"When Spurs play the way they play under Ange Postecoglou, it's high tempo or nothing, when it looks really bad. There's no in between.

"It's like Liverpool have been in the past seven or eight years. I think when Liverpool are at their best is when they're really electric.

"It's the same with Spurs and when it's not there, it really stands out more than it does with other teams.

"So I think that's what he'll be a little annoyed with in the last couple of weeks and he'll be thinking already, 'Who's going to be on the bus next season and who's not?'

"What type of players is he going to sign at the end of the season? One thing he's not going to do is give up on his values and principles - he's going to play his way - so he's going to bring in players that play his way.

"I hope the club really back him because this is a guy to get behind. The last four years have really been a drain at Spurs - sometimes you've watched them and thought you know what you're going to get, but it isn't Spurs.

"Spurs have got a style, character and personality as a football club - an arrogance in the way they play - and he brings all those things.

"They should invest in that. I know they finished fourth and second at times in the last seven or eight years but the fans should be really happy with how they're finishing fifth.

"Sometimes for a football fan, it's how you finish fifth, it's how you lose, because you know you're going to have good times. He has brought highs this season."

How long did it take Pep to win the league at City (who are cashed up like no other club before them), how long did it take Klopp to win the league at Liverpool and despite challenging, when will Arteta win the league at Woolwich?
Lol @ putting “title” and “Postecoglou” in the same sentence. He should be focused on getting Tottenham back into top 4 next season, cause I think he won’t be sacked at the end of the season.

But with Chelsea emerging as a top 4 contender, Newcastle wanting to get back in Champions League after having a taste of it, Woolwich and City the tip of the spear by the looks of it, depending how Liverpool and United do this summer and under new managers (maybe not the case for United), possibly Villa will be in the mix too although I suspect Champions League will take a toll on their league results, the competition will be fiercer than it was this season.

So yeah, good luck getting “second season” title challenge or whatever the fuck you lot think we’ll be doing next season.

He also called it regarding Conte though and not wanting him at Man Utd. I dislike Neville but he probably knows a fuck more than me about what makes a good manager. All his quotes make sense.

Gary Neville insisted Tottenham must keep faith with Ange Postecoglou and back him in the transfer market.

"I don't know whether there's a little bit of fatigue or a little bit of a disconnect at the end.

"The manager looks - and I say this in a respectful manner - like he has a little less faith in them during this period than he did at the start of season.

"When Spurs play the way they play under Ange Postecoglou, it's high tempo or nothing, when it looks really bad. There's no in between.

"It's like Liverpool have been in the past seven or eight years. I think when Liverpool are at their best is when they're really electric.

"It's the same with Spurs and when it's not there, it really stands out more than it does with other teams.

"So I think that's what he'll be a little annoyed with in the last couple of weeks and he'll be thinking already, 'Who's going to be on the bus next season and who's not?'

"What type of players is he going to sign at the end of the season? One thing he's not going to do is give up on his values and principles - he's going to play his way - so he's going to bring in players that play his way.

"I hope the club really back him because this is a guy to get behind. The last four years have really been a drain at Spurs - sometimes you've watched them and thought you know what you're going to get, but it isn't Spurs.

"Spurs have got a style, character and personality as a football club - an arrogance in the way they play - and he brings all those things.

"They should invest in that. I know they finished fourth and second at times in the last seven or eight years but the fans should be really happy with how they're finishing fifth.

"Sometimes for a football fan, it's how you finish fifth, it's how you lose, because you know you're going to have good times. He has brought highs this season."
Not sure I believe Neville knows what makes a good manager tbh, he was a shit manager himself and he may not have wanted Conte at United because of how explosive and short term he is but Conte is a win now manager, that comes with the territory, he's never been a long term appointment for any club tbh.

He wouldn't be saying United should be happy finishing 5th that's for sure. Whilst he isn't wrong in some of the stuff he is saying, I know that when he truly sees someone as a threat to his precious United, he is busy trying to sell them off to other clubs.

Making yourself look a tit for the umpteenth time in a row is fun? Mate you had Conte as the 3rd best coach on the planet. Five minutes after that you wanted him gone.

I’m pro giving Ange time because it’s what we need to start doing as a club but am I fuck convinced it will lead to success. I’ve seen good signs and terrible signs this season. We’ve been horrific towards the end. Even the signings are a massive mixed bag.

We all get things wrong, last year you were adamant Woolwich were gonna win the league and look what happened, this year you've doubled down on the embarrassment but you do you.

There's so much stupid stuff said on a forum by everyone that I doubt anyone cares who makes themselves look stupid on here, no-one really gives a shit really - it's not a court of law mate, like no-one's really gonna hold you accountable for your L's on here bro 😆

That said I'm fully behind the manager, things are concerning but there's light at the end of the tunnel, I can see it.

There is more bed wetting in here than an old people’s home.

I haven’t watched the game against the bin dippers yet and I agree we were dogshite against Chelsea. But against the goons any neutral who is not an ex-Woolwich Sky pundit would say we deserved to win that. Totally outplayed them but got hit with a sucker punch (or 3).

I’m still keeping the faith. But I do hope we roll over to the oil cheats.
We deserved to win against liverpool yesterday as well as against the goons, we were robbed.

Last edited:
We all get things wrong, last year you were adamant Woolwich were gonna win the league and look what happened, this year you've doubled down on the embarrassment but you do you.

There's so much stupid stuff said on a forum by everyone that I doubt anyone cares who makes themselves look stupid on here, no-one really gives a shit really - it's not a court of law mate, like no-one's really gonna hold you accountable for your L's on here bro 😆

That said I'm fully behind the manager, things are concerning but there's light at the end of the tunnel, I can see it.

You see? You’ve done it again. You’ve pre-emptively celebrated being right.

Don’t go towards the light, Shady. We’d miss you.

You see? You’ve done it again. You’ve pre-emptively celebrated being right.

Don’t go towards the light, Shady. We’d miss you.

I did the same last season and I was right, the chances are I'll be right again

I know you're scared about making such predictions after you egg on your face last year but it's okay if you get things wrong I'm sure we'll forgive you ;)

I think we’ll finish more than 20 points adrift of the top so .. not that ???

At no point going in to the crunch games will we be in that conversation. We’re out of it now, essentially.

Four disagrees on this post. Currently 23 points adrift of the top. This is the stuff I’m talking about. It’ll likely end up being 28.

I did the same last season and I was right, the chances are I'll be right again

I know you're scared about making such predictions after you egg on your face last year but it's okay if you get things wrong I'm sure we'll forgive you ;)

I’ve already made predictions. The only ones I’ve made about them this season is that they would finish miles ahead of us. I’ve repeatedly said I don’t think they would win the league.

I did think they’d win it last season because there was a period where City looked like they were having a sabbatical. I won’t underestimate them this season as I learn from my mistakes, Shady.

Gary Neville aka ratboy has begged the spurs supporters and board to give Ange a chance and give him time.

If that self serving Spurs hating tosspot is saying it then Ange really needs to pull his finger out.

Normally Neville is trying to sell our manager off to other clubs

Or maybe he’s saying it because he knows ange doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. He wants to see him stay here so that we regress further and united overtake us

You can't take what Neville says seriously. He was Ten Hag in for absolutely ages despite it being clear many months ago that he was a lame duck manager so if he's like that about his own club, he can't be relied upon to comment on Spurs. Neville may be a good pundit but he has shown time and again his opinion on managers can get in the bin, he always advocates to give managers much more time than they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom