Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe so many are calling for the P45 already after some of the football we've seen this season, especially after the last few years of watching absolute dross. He clearly has the ability to inspire the players but unfortunately too many of them aren't good enough or don't fit the system and they've obviously lost some confidence recently.

The one concern for me is the lack of flexibility. The insistence to stick with 2 inverted wingers when it so clearly isn't working, especially on the right. Kulu is driving me nuts with the constant checking back and recycling.

But to be fair to Ange he needs more quality to work with up top. Son has always been a bit limited when he doesn't have space to run into. Is Richarlison good enough? Perhaps could work in the right system but needs clinical players right and left like firmino had at Liverpool. Kulu isn't going to work on right. Johnson looks like has something but not sure he's the calibre of player we should be content to be starting every week. Werner shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11.

Midfield is full of players who are almost good enough.

We are miles off having the quality we had under prime poch or even rednapp.

Also think we need an upgrade on vicario. Admittedly he's been excellent as a shot stopper but he will be forever targeted at set pieces now. It makes the players nervous and it's clearly too late to coach this into him. Even lloris made me less nervous until near the end anyway.

If I was Levy right now I'd be using the last 3 games of this season to decide what to do.

If we don't finish 5th I reckon he gets rid. And I think he'd be justified. It could be a disaster backing this guy only for him to just get sacked by October anyway.
If we don’t finish 5th it would pretty much mean we lost our last 7 games in a row.
Including 2 against our biggest rivals and 2 against teams already relegated

There is absolutely no way on this Earth he would survive that. It would amount to the worst run of results in football clubs entire history

Getting sick of saying it but one more time for the back…

Stop comparing Ange to Klopp and Arteta! Klopp is legit one of the best managers in the world and came as a highly decorated manager who broke Bayern’s seemingly unassailable Bundesliga dominance.

If you want to make comparisons look at Poch or AVB, both of who also had to work under Daniel Levy…

Compare him to Pochettino then who worked under the same chairman, how did he turn out in the end for Spurs?

Can't believe so many are calling for the P45 already after some of the football we've seen this season, especially after the last few years of watching absolute dross. He clearly has the ability to inspire the players but unfortunately too many of them aren't good enough or don't fit the system and they've obviously lost some confidence recently.

The one concern for me is the lack of flexibility. The insistence to stick with 2 inverted wingers when it so clearly isn't working, especially on the right. Kulu is driving me nuts with the constant checking back and recycling.

But to be fair to Ange he needs more quality to work with up top. Son has always been a bit limited when he doesn't have space to run into. Is Richarlison good enough? Perhaps could work in the right system but needs clinical players right and left like firmino had at Liverpool. Kulu isn't going to work on right. Johnson looks like has something but not sure he's the calibre of player we should be content to be starting every week. Werner shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11.

Also think we need an upgrade on vicario. Admittedly he's been excellent as a shot stopper but he will be forever targeted at set pieces now. It makes the players nervous and it's clearly too late to coach this into him. Even lloris made me less nervous until near the end anyway.
The football has been terrible since the the first 10 games.
Id keep him but after 6 months of next season if nothings changed well thanks for your service

Getting sick of saying it but one more time for the back…

Stop comparing Ange to Klopp and Arteta! Klopp is legit one of the best managers in the world and came as a highly decorated manager who broke Bayern’s seemingly unassailable Bundesliga dominance.

If you want to make comparisons look at Poch or AVB, both of who also had to work under Daniel Levy…
It's absolutely ridiculous, isn't it. Why are people even attempting to use clubs who back their managers as some kind of comparison.
It just makes their argument look even weaker and more desperate than it already is.

If we were offered 5th at start of season we would have took arms and all for it. Since tge turn of the year though its been so so poor. Lack of flexibility, shambles up top and inability to defend set pieces is mind boggling.
We switch our season around and were poor at the start but were picking up performances and results now everything be rosy. The fact we are getting worse as season progresses is alarming

The football has been terrible since the the first 10 games.
Id keep him but after 6 months of next season if nothings changed well thanks for your service
It's some of the worst football I've seen over the last 25 years, and results back this up. Is it really worth potentially writing off another season just to see if there's a little bit of improvement on the dross of the last 4 games?

Hmmm. I'm not so sure

The sign of a good manager is getting the best out of what you have. The line up that started yesterday had more than enough quality to make things tougher for Liverpool. In fact if anything it was overly conservative in midfield yet we still found ourselves 4 nil down and to be frank it could have been 7 or 8. This is an out of form ordinary Liverpool side by the way. We make it so easy for the opposition I don’t think I’ve ever seen a softer more pathetic spurs side than what we have under Ange right now. At least under Mourinho and Conte we had some grit.

This is what some people don’t seem to grasp. Signing new players in attack isn’t going to make us any tougher to beat defensively. We might score more goals but we aren’t suddenly going to start keeping clean sheets. It will just be a case of we attack you attack. And we aren’t miles off the quality we had under Poch or Harry we actually have a decent squad.

Arteta has shown how you do it by being absolutely brutal defensively and not giving the opposition a sniff and then suffocating the opposition with your attack. Man City play a similar way although less effective defensively and a bit more fluid formation wise. When Arteta came in he actually fairly quickly made Woolwich more conservative defensively, the building blocks were there and he won an FA Cup. I follow the stats closely and Woolwich have been miserly in defence for about 3 years now! And they were never as bad as we are under Ange system wise.

Ange’s system is just a mess and signing new players this summer isn’t going to suddenly make us a better team. We are far too open at the back. Signing a new 6 won’t suddenly make us defensively solid. We have bentancur Maddison Bissouma and Sarr who fans loved 6 months ago and now apparently aren’t good enough so we need new signings. Maybe the issue is Ange?

In attack yes we need to upgrade but can anyone really say that over the last few months it’s been our attack which has looked the worst? It’s not been great and at times terrible but it’s our defence that has been exposed and that isn’t a personnel issue it’s tactical.

The Aussie is completely out of his depth. If the rumours are true that they are all in on Ange and intend to back him fully over the summer, god help us. Next season is going to be brutal. Prepare ourselves for a relegation battle. We’d be 16th if the season started in January.

It's some of the worst football I've seen over the last 25 years, and results back this up. Is it really worth potentially writing off another season just to see if there's a little bit of improvement on the dross of the last 4 games?

Hmmm. I'm not so sure
If theres improvement yes of course he stays. At the moment its an improvement on last year. Just about.. Its been terrible recently and the fact its been against 3 of the teams we despise the most hasnt helped.

The sign of a good manager is getting the best out of what you have. The line up that started yesterday had more than enough quality to make things tougher for Liverpool. In fact if anything it was overly conservative in midfield yet we still found ourselves 4 nil down and to be frank it could have been 7 or 8. This is an out of form ordinary Liverpool side by the way. We make it so easy for the opposition I don’t think I’ve ever seen a softer more pathetic spurs side than what we have under Ange right now. At least under Mourinho and Conte we had some grit.

This is what some people don’t seem to grasp. Signing new players in attack isn’t going to make us any tougher to beat defensively. We might score more goals but we aren’t suddenly going to start keeping clean sheets. It will just be a case of we attack you attack. And we aren’t miles off the quality we had under Poch or Harry we actually have a decent squad.

Arteta has shown how you do it by being absolutely brutal defensively and not giving the opposition a sniff and then suffocating the opposition with your attack. Man City play a similar way although less effective defensively and a bit more fluid formation wise. When Arteta came in he actually fairly quickly made Woolwich more conservative defensively, the building blocks were there and he won an FA Cup. I follow the stats closely and Woolwich have been miserly in defence for about 3 years now! And they were never as bad as we are under Ange system wise.

Ange’s system is just a mess and signing new players this summer isn’t going to suddenly make us a better team. We are far too open at the back. Signing a new 6 won’t suddenly make us defensively solid. We have bentancur Maddison Bissouma and Sarr who fans loved 6 months ago and now apparently aren’t good enough so we need new signings. Maybe the issue is Ange?

In attack yes we need to upgrade but can anyone really say that over the last few months it’s been our attack which has looked the worst? It’s not been great and at times terrible but it’s our defence that has been exposed and that isn’t a personnel issue it’s tactical.

The Aussie is completely out of his depth. If the rumours are true that they are all in on Ange and intend to back him fully over the summer, god help us. Next season is going to be brutal. Prepare ourselves for a relegation battle. We’d be 16th if the season started in January.
Thank god the season starts in august then 💪

Our season under Ange. If it was a graph, very sharp rise to ceiling. Loss to chelsea then steady decline followed sharp downturn. In any business that would be a concern. I just think players were all in on his system and fans were pleased as a better watch than the dinosaurs conte and mourinho. I think he will be backed in summer but in his press conferences he thinks we should be challenging next year. Its full on next season for me.

If we don’t finish 5th it would pretty much mean we lost our last 7 games in a row.
Including 2 against our biggest rivals and 2 against teams already relegated

There is absolutely no way on this Earth he would survive that. It would amount to the worst run of results in football clubs entire history
Just write this season off and you will feel much better. We are no strangers to having some great records followed by some weird, poor records. Other fans and media will find ways to laugh at us regardless.

You saw the shooting stats Sky presented on screen last night? I won't be surprised some knobs in the studio come out with that idea just yesterday and showed it to the producer whom thought 'wow what a brilliant idea to show how Spurs sucks' and they went on to show it first, and possibly only, time.

United continue to have some hilarious records set since SAF days, and I don't see their fans so wound up by these. Our own insecurities is too obvious that others will always attack us because of this, both on the pitch and off the pitch.

Just write this season off and you will feel much better. We are no strangers to having some great records followed by some weird, poor records. Other fans and media will find ways to laugh at us regardless.

You saw the shooting stats Sky presented on screen last night? I won't be surprised some knobs in the studio come out with that idea just yesterday and showed it to the producer whom thought 'wow what a brilliant idea to show how Spurs sucks' and they went on to show it first, and possibly only, time.

United continue to have some hilarious records set since SAF days, and I don't see their fans so wound up by these. Our own insecurities is too obvious that others will always attack us because of this, both on the pitch and off the pitch.
Their poor records arent highlight by MSM constantly ours are. The way we are treated by media, officials etc is a lot diff than other top 6 clubs

Everyone needs time, even Klopp and Pep

We need to stick with Ange, the green shoots of success were there to see before xmas, let him get the players he needs for this to work

Arteta had the cunts bottom of the league in his second season, they stuck with him and now look a good side

The manager merry go round is something we need to get the fuck off of for a while

Back
Top Bottom